Lies and Truths ~ Enhanced DNA

Go down

Lies and Truths ~ Enhanced DNA

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:43 pm

The Institution was created to make an army of supernatural humans with special powers in order to

take over the world. This worked well for a time, scientifically enhancing the DNA of kidnapped children, or ones that were sold to

them. The children grew up in abuse at this place, having no feelings and

obeying everything. But as the children grew up they gained their feelings back and one day decided to

escape. The group made it out and decided to forget their old lives and make new ones for themselves,

with new families and friends.

This also worked for a time, until their memories and powers came back to them. They soon find each

other and are happy at their discovery. But the Institution wants their experiments, called "Coders" back.

So over the years, the "Trackers" were created to be stronger, faster, and all around more powerful

than the coders in order to recapture them. Who will win? Can the Coders escape? Or will the Trackers

hunt them down and bring them back.

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Rules

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:46 pm

• Alright, we'll keep this short. Obey PoW's ToS and guidlines and we'll be cool.
  • Also, i am ruler of this roleplay, If I ask you to leave, which I doubt I will, please do so respectfully. I don't want to have to report anyone.
  • Multiple characters are awesome! make one or ten! Its up to you! All profiles will be accepted, just PM them to me, titled Lies and Truths and I'll get them posted up to keep the roleplay neat an tidy. Also, you don't need to wait for me to PM you back telling you its ok to post. Once you have sent me your profile, post away!
  • Please use normal sized font, like the one I'm using now. Any smaller and it gets hard to read. Also, make sure you either have a character picture in each post, or have a unique text color so we can easily identify which character is which. For instance, if you are the first person to use indigo as a text color, you don't need a picture, but if you are joining us and someone had already used indigo, please include a picture of your character in your posts.

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Profile Skeleton!

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:02 pm

-The Lie-
Just say my name, FULL NAME.
I come running when they call, NICKNAME.
My 'birthday' BIRTHDAY, which makes me, AGE.
'Mommy' got a, GENDER.
But I like, SEXUAL ORIENTATION!.
I'm standing at an impressive, HEIGHT.
Let the lie unravel: Your fake story. Tell about your 'family,' 'friends,' etc.

-The Truth-
Codename: codename
My Powers: list power
How I escaped The Institution: list story and how you start to remember

-'Me...'-
The color of my words: POST COLOR.
Who am I really? PERSONALITY.
I can NOT live WITHOUT... LIKES, at least 4.
Ew get it away... DISLIKES, at least 4.
When I am in a bad mood I sometimes act... BAD TRAITS, at least 3.
But when I am happy I usually act...GOOD TRAITS, at least 3.
Featuring: USERNAME.

Code:
[img]url of photo goes here: REAL LIFE PHOTOS ONLY[/img][color=POST COLOR][size=10]
[size=16] [align=center][size=16]-The Lie-[/size]
Just say my name, [b]FULL NAME[/b].
I come running when they call, [b]NICKNAME[/b].
My 'birthday' [b]BIRTHDAY[/b], which makes me, [b]AGE[/b].
'Mommy' got a, [b]GENDER[/b].
But I like, [b]SEXUAL ORIENTATION![/b].
I'm standing at an impressive, [b]HEIGHT[/b].
Let the lie unravel: [b] Your fake story. Tell about your 'family,' 'friends,' etc. [/b]

[size=16]-The Truth-[/size]
Codename: [b] codename [/b]
My Powers: [b] list power [/b]
How I escaped The Institution: [b] list story and how you start to remember [/b]

[size=16]-The Me...-[/size]
The color of my words: [b]POST COLOR[/b].
Who am I really? [b]PERSONALITY[/b].
I can NOT live WITHOUT... [b]LIKES, at least 4[/b].
Ew get it away... [b]DISLIKES, at least 4[/b].
When I am in a bad mood I sometimes act... [b]BAD TRAITS, at least 3[/b].
But when I am happy I usually act...[b]GOOD TRAITS, at least 3[/b].
Featuring: [b]USERNAME[/b].[/align][/color]

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies and Truths ~ Enhanced DNA

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:07 pm

*points up* just copy the code part and fill it out in a PM to me!

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

ACCEPTED PROFILES!

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:11 pm

The Coders

-The Lie-
Just say my name, Ocean Liam Gold.
I come running when they call, Ocean.
My 'birthday' July 15, 2010, which makes me, 17.
'Mommy' got a, Boy.
But I like, Boys and Girls.
I'm standing at an impressive, 5' 7".
Let the lie unravel: I live with my sister and parents and have a relatively normal life. As normal as one can get I suppose. I live my normal life, but can't help thinking its not real. Like this isn't my real family at all. I know I must be crazy for thinking so, I mean why wouldn't they be? But I just have this feeling...

-The Truth-
Codename: Hawk
My Powers: Telekinesis and mind reading
How I escaped The Institution: One day we all just banned together, using out different powers to escape. It was tricky, but soon we all got away. We all decided to forget, and I did extremely well, but lately, something has been nagging at the back of my mind. New thoughts have entered my head, and I know they aren't mine, so the question is, where are they coming from?

-The Me...-
The color of my words: Gray.
Who am I really? The quiet one who doesn't say much at all. My lover, I will takl to, quite a bit at times, but others...I won't say much to. I just don't really find a reason to, or have the desire. I get jealous easily, and can have a temper at times, but mostly, I'm quiet and sweet..
I can NOT live WITHOUT... Skittles, my sketchpad, hoodies, pencil.
Ew get it away... water, pushy people who pry and don't give me my space, people who hurt my lover, spiders.
When I am in a bad mood I sometimes act... furious, emo, quiet, or distant.
But when I am happy I usually act...Quiet, calm, collected..
Featuring:beautifulpotatoes.

Just say my name, Margaret Marie Lawrence.
I come running when they call, Marie.
My 'birthday' November 15, which makes me, 16.
'Mommy' got a, girl.
But I like, guys.
I'm standing at an impressive, 5’3”.
Let the lie unravel: I live with my grandmother, and her dozens of cats. She needs me with her always. I volunteer to help at orphanages’, there’s a constant tug at me to help those that don’t have a family, and to make sure that they find one. There always feel like there’s something I’m missing, something dancing at the edge of my consciousness…

-The Truth-
Codename: Cybele
My Powers: Manipulation of plant life
How I escaped The Institution: We escaped, the lot of us together, we couldn‘t stay their any longer. It was foolish for them to give us the power and not expect us to use it against them. As a team, we were unstoppable. It was easy after all those years without being yourself to banish it within yourself, to forbid it from your mind completely. Well, it was easy at first, until you forgot about everything, and your powers got idle, normalcy was impossible for Coders. Lately, in my sleep I here that word ‘Coders‘ and I feel this power within me that is both familiar and new to me.

-The Me...-
The color of my words: Green.
Who am I really? The nurturer, I care for my grandmother with a soft hand, and treat everyone else just as sweetly. There’s never much to say, and when there is I perfer actions to words, especially when expressing feelings. .
I can NOT live WITHOUT... Flowers, water lots of water, music, and apples.
Ew get it away... the dark, loud people, sports, scorpions .
When I am in a bad mood I sometimes act... I cry when I get angry, it‘s not a nice feeling, and I don‘t like it. I kill flowers, and I pig out on sugary sweets..
But when I am happy I usually act...I hum when I‘m feeling fantastic, twirl quite a bit, and I make flowers bloom..
Featuring: mysticaldragonmagic.

[size=16]-The Lie-
Just say my name, erik kale demonte.
I come running when they call, erik or rikki.
My 'birthday' july seventh, which makes me, seventeen forever.
'Mommy' got a, testosterone boy.
But I like, those harlequin girls, with a mix of my own kind..
I'm standing at an impressive, five foot seven.
Let the lie unravel: I grew up mostly in apartments with my sister Lucy and my brother Marco. We were bordering poor but we always had good food to eat, so what do I have to complain about? My mom and dad argued all the time and there was never a day my father didn't yell at me for hours about something I did wrong. I was used to taking the blows so my siblings didn't have to, until they divorced and he tried to change. It worked..for about six months. My friends are the best I'll ever have, even if they get a bit distant.

-The Truth-
Codename: pseudo
My Powers: Latent abilities; basically my power depends on my mood, as does my appearance. My hair and eye color change according to mood, and if I am angry or depressed energy flows out and can make things explode..pretty cool, huh?
How I escaped The Institution: I try not to delve too much into those memories, but I do remember a group of us deciding enough was enough, and we joined together to escape. It took a while and was extremely difficult, but we escaped, and none of us looked back. Now, just when my life was beginning to calm down and be normal...I start to remember and hear things and let me tell you; it ain't good.

-The Me...-
The color of my words: #10a4fe.
Who am I really? I have adhd in reality. It is nearly impossible for me to sit still, and I am extremely hyper and excitable, which fits me because my moods don't swing often, which means neither does my personality. I'm a total sweetheart though. if I get near redbull though..watch out..
I can NOT live WITHOUT... redbull, chick flicks, friends, candy, running.
Ew get it away... sitting still, small and cramped spaces, vegetables, being lied to, spiders..
When I am in a bad mood I sometimes act... well, aside from the fact i could blow you up or a part of you, I have a white anger. I get very quite and my voice gets very soft and I get very, very scary. No one likes when I'm angry..
But when I am happy I usually act...Hyper and bouncy and adorable and irresistible, which is why I'm happy so much of the time..
Featuring: pseudonym for revenge.

[size=16]-The Lie-
Just say my name, kylie kae launé.
I come running when they call, kylie or kae kae.
My 'birthday' november twenty-second, which makes me, seventeen.
'Mommy' got a, girlie.
But I like, all the hot guys.
I'm standing at an impressive, five foot five. yeah, i'm short....
Let the lie unravel: My family was..not super rich, but let's just say we had enough money to vacation across seas pretty much every summer in a house we owned there. I speak fluent French and often swear in said language when pissed off. I have an older brother named Josh who is dumb and obnoxious and whom I'm supposed to love very much and a mommy and a daddy that love to buy me things. I was, surprisingly, never really popular. I just had my group of friends that I took care of.

-The Truth-
Codename: flare
My Powers: Natural armor and pyrokinesis. I can control fire but not create it, and I cannot be cut, shot, or otherwise physically harmed unless shocked under water or something.
How I escaped The Institution: All I remember is that I was asked to help escape and we did. Now I remember things I did not know happened...

-The Me...-
The color of my words: #e302bc.
Who am I really? Sarcastic and a smart ass. I can be sweet or mean, depending. Not much to say about me....
I can NOT live WITHOUT... a lighter or matches, friends, fire proof clothes, leather.
Ew get it away... overalls, ice, spiders, thunderstorms.
When I am in a bad mood I sometimes act... bitchy, stuck up, snobby..
But when I am happy I usually act...sweet, slightly sarcastic and calm..
Featuring: pseudonym for revenge.

-The Lie-
Just say my name, Leah Karr.
I come running when they call, Leah.
My 'birthday' August 25th, 1990, which makes me, 18.
'Mommy' got a, girl.
But I like, no one! I like to think of myself as asexual, thank you very much.
I'm standing at an impressive, 5’3.
Let the lie unravel: I’ve lived alone since I was fourteen as an emancipated minor, lying about my age to get a job and an apartment, and I’ve been slowly working my way through the city I live in. Hopefully I’ll have enough saved up soon to move away forever. I’m not really sure why I emancipated myself and am so desperate to escape, to be honest. I remember my mother being an alcoholic and my father being abusive, but it all feels so distant now… More like a dream than a memory. But I’m probably just trying to repress that time... Yeah, that sounds right.

-The Truth-
Codename: Hunter
My Powers: Enhanced speed, strength, and senses, including kinesthetic and vestibular. And an odd fondness for the taste of blood. I’m not really sure I’m like the others. I don’t... I don't feel human anymore.
How I escaped The Institution: I remember all of us banding together, planning on revolting against our captors. After we’d made our hasty plans, things get really fuzzy. I remember blood… lots of blood, but not much else until we were free and going our separate ways. I tried to repress the memories, with great success, but I’ve never been able to eat my meat or look at a bleeding person the same way.

-The Me...-
The color of my words: #193455 .
Who am I really? I’m sarcastic, moody and bitter, and I’m willing to bet I’ll scare you off with the first words out of my mouth. I have a horrible temper, but I’m very good at keeping it from getting out of hand. I like to be left alone, thank you, and no I don’t want to be friends. I have my agenda, and I won’t let you get in my way..
I can NOT live WITHOUT... Coffee, undercooked hamburgers, sunglasses, running, sunlight and warm summer days..
Ew get it away... People, hyperactive dogs, cold weather, rain, and being "talked down to" because of my size and gender.
When I am in a bad mood I sometimes act... very very angry. I promise you, you wouldn’t like that. Here’s hoping you’re a fast runner, and you haven’t cut yourself recently..
But when I am happy I usually act...almost nice. I’m less likely to say something sarcastic and mean, and I’m more likely to forgive minor insults. A former coworker once described it as "the calm before the storm."
Featuring: SinMarai.

Just say my name, Ashlee Cerria Menroe.
I come running when they call, Aero.
My 'birthday' October 6, which makes me, 15.
'Mommy' got a, girl.
But I like, boys.
I'm standing at an impressive, 5'1.
Let the lie unravel: I was born in Salem, Oregon to Samuel and Destiny Menroe. I have no siblings, but plenty of cousins. My friends love me, but are intimdated by for some reason.

[size=16] -The Truth-
Codename: Bullet Wound
My Powers: Mind Minipulation
How I escaped The Institution: I shattered a wall with the body of a security gaurd who was strapped to a table.

-The Me...-
The color of my words: Indigo.
Who am I really? I am a cheerful girl who is always stubborn about her decisions and can get angry far too easily..
I can NOT live WITHOUT... Poptarts, Knee high socks, Linsay (stuffed kitten), and the love of people.
Ew get it away... Country Music, Brats, Forks in my mouth, Clicking, and Chicken.
When I am in a bad mood I sometimes act... Forceful, vicious, and often violent.
But when I am happy I usually act...Kind, Loyal, and unbareable loving.
Featuring: Estalu.

[size=18]The Trackers

Just say my name, Fiyera Ayeth .
I come running when they call, Yera.
My 'birthday' October 30th, which makes me, 17.
'Mommy' got a, girl.
But I like, young men.
I'm standing at an impressive, 1,72m.
Let the lie unravel: I am a Tracker and was created to catch the escaped Coders. I always lived at the institution, my DNA, however, was altered even more when a bunch of people escaped. I do not remember anything about my parents, but it doesn’t matter. For the institution! I live to serve.[b]

-The Truth-
Codename: [b] Assassin
My Powers: Shadowstepping, Silence
How I escaped The Institution: I never escaped. I was sent away, my powers to be used for the Institution. Finding the Coders is my order.

-The Me...-
The color of my words: seagreen.
Who am I really? I obey the institution, follow every order since this is my sense in life. I owe them my life so I do what they say. But I know I am the best, and even though I don’t feel it necessary to tell everyone, my whole attitude shows what I think about me..
I can NOT live WITHOUT... coffee, my daily spotlight, my katar, challanges.
Ew get it away... people thinking they are better than me, as much as I am dedicated to the institution I hate the food they serve, wasps, annoying people, wanting to have something from me like money or food.
When I am in a bad mood I sometimes act... selfish, overconfident and arrogant, sometimes even a bit disrespectful in a taunting kind of way.
But when I am happy I usually act...disciplined, goal oriented, daring.
Featuring: Nepenthe.[/align]
Nepenthe

Last edited by beautifulpotatoes on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:09 pm; edited 17 times in total

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:13 pm

OPEN!

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Ocean Liam Gold
Ocean was sitting in a corner cafe, sipping a coffee and trying to write his English paper. It wasn't working so well. His head was buzzing with so much right now. The cafe was crowded, filled with people of every shape size and color. He blended in well with them, wearing tight red jeans, a tight black t-shirt, and a red and black striped hoodie. His hair was straightened as usual and along with his usual eye liner he was looking hott. Alright, so maybe he didn't blend in THAT well with the others in usual Saturday morning attire. He was getting plenty of stares, and their thoughts entered his head, not all of them, but quite a few, 'Damn he's sexy s came through along with a couple I wish he would talk to me's...' And not all of them were girl's thoughts either, there were a few males in there as well. Ocean tried to push all this out as he tried to write, but he failed and ended up putting his paper to the side and staring out the window.

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic on Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:13 am

Margaret Marie Lawrence

"Grandma-ma, I'm about to go bring little Stacy her birthday present, is there anything you needed while I'm out?" Marie asked as she slipped on her ballet flats, and grabbed the brightly wrapped gift from counter. She was headed to the orphanage again. Little Stacy was turning eight that day, the chances of her getting adopted were getting smaller and smaller, and that broke Marie’s heart. She couldn’t understand how a mother could give up her child.

“Marie, how are you dress?” she asked and seeing the pale blue simple cotton dress that fell to just below her knees and the matching ballet flats on her tiny feet, Mrs. Lawrence frowned. “You should let down that hair of yours, and wear that darks stuff around your eyes like those raccoon girls, they’re always pretty, and have guys arms around their waist. You know, I’m not going to be here forever,”

Marie had to cut off her grandmother there, “Grandma-ma, I don’t need anyone to take care of me. I’ve been doing that myself for a long while.” Marie froze, just saying that felt weird on her tongue, like she was lying, but telling the truth at the same time. She needed some air. "I’ll be back shortly, you’d better take your nap soon, or you’ll have carrot sticks dinner.” she threatened, her grandmother muttered something that she couldn’t hear, which was probably a good thing, and Marie headed out the door.
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:41 am

Fiyera Ayeth

Coffee. She had grown fond of it during her time out of the Institution. Back there they never got something like that. Carefully taking a small sip out of the fine Italian cappuccino cup with tha hot liquid, Fiyera looked around, watching for anything out of the ordinary. However, this was a day as everyday else. A small sigh escaped her mouth as she put the cup back und the table and waited for the waitress to come to her.
"One more coffee!", she demanded, as was her usual way of ordering things. The young girl looked at her in a strange way, but then hurried off to get the coffee.
Yera in the meantime leaned back and let her attention drift away. A few Coders have escaped a few years back, now she had to find them. The teenage girl grabbed for her cellphone in her pocket. No new messages. However, she had to report back, even if she still was a bit late. She stretched orders sometimes a bit far, and she and her superiors new. As long as she got things done, though, it was okay. And she always got everything done; in her own way. She'd never betray the Institution, and they knew it.
With taht she began typing her short message.
"Observation - day 13: Nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing which indicates the presence of one of them. Assassin". With a last look at the text, she pressed the Send-button and wired the message via the Ether to her immediate superior.
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:03 pm

Ocean Liam Gold
Ocean looked up from his coffee as he noticed an intimidating teen enter the store and start ordering coffee like there was no tomorrow. He had to admit, she frightened him. Immensely. He tried to ignore this weird feeling he had in the pit of his stomach, but it just kept coming back, bigger and with more force.

After a while, he noticed the girl texting on her phone. He heard every word of it in his head, though he didn't know it was her thoughts he was hearing. Coders That word sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite place it. HE continued to think harder and harder, trying to sort out the strange word when...his cup fell to the floor, creating a mess. A surprised look appeared on his face, for he knew he hadn't touched it. That was odd... He thought in his head, getting up to leave. There was no point in staying any longer. He needed a walk to think this out.

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMarai on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Leah Karr

Mmmm... coffee, was about all the hazy mind of the still sleeping girl could conjure up. She cracked open one extremely unwilling eye to peer blearily at the small clock sitting calmly on the floor next to her mattress. She'd never bothered with a frame for her bed. This way the whole floor could serve as her bedside "table." She grumbled half-heartedly at the time her clock cheerfully flashed at her. She needed to get to work, her shift started in an hour.

With a muttered curse, Leah lifted herself up onto her arms before kicking off her warm blanket. As she stood she took a moment to crack her neck and back before starting off in the direction of her small bathroom. Her apartment was cramped at best, and a total wreck at the moment, but she hadn't been around much lately to really care. She had a few days off coming up at the end of the week. She'd clean then. She kicked an old can out of her way and shuddered when an unidentified bug crawled out of it. She'd definitely clean then.

The bathroom was pathetic, nothing more than a small toilet, tiny little sink and a box for a shower. There was a minuscule window beyond reach over the shower, and that was it. But it was enough. Leah only stood under the cold water as long as it took to shampoo her hair before dashing out and wrapping herself in a towel. She just hated to be cold. After a few minutes spent drying off and dressing, the brunette pulled her hair into a high ponytail to keep it out of her face, donned some sunglasses to shield the peculiar color of her eyes, and set out. She locked the door behind her, though she knew there was nothing worth stealing in her apartment. Anything valuable she had she kept in the form of money only-- money kept safely in the bank.

Just a quick trip down three staircases and out a padlocked door and she was on the street, head ducked, shoulders hunched, heading for work. She worked the lunch shift at a little corner cafe in the nicer part of time-- something she never failed to undervalue. It was a good job, so she did good work. Never late, never called out, and never said no to a task. She was the perfect employee. Now if only her attitude was better, but it had never been enough of a reason for anyone to fire her.

It didn't take long for her to reach the place, and she almost smiled at the happy jingle of the bell over the door. She made a beeline for the counter, slipping behind it and through the door labeled "employee's only," with nothing more than a cursory nod towards the girl she was replacing. She donned her uniform apron, stamped her time card, and walked back out behind the counter to serve the masses.
SinMarai
Chicken Scratch

http://sinmarai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Fiyera Ayeth

The breaking of porcelain made Fiyera look up. A boy about her age sat a few tables away from her, in front of him some paper and pens, on the floor the broken cup. Some of the coffee spread on the floor.
A waitress, the same who Yera had sent away to bring her some coffee, grabbed for a towel and hurried over to the mess. However, Fiyera didn't watch the waitress anymore. Instead her attention was set upon the teenage boy on the table. Slowly he got up, a surprised look on his face.
Something made Yera curious about him. Though she couldn't put a finger on what it was, she emptied her cup of coffee with one last sip, then got ready to follow the boy, if it had to be even in the shadows, however this time she preferred the direct approach; she could still step into the shadows if everything else failed.
So she waited for him at the door.
However, it swung open just as she arrived. Another girl stepped in, making her way to the counter. She seemed happy to start her shift. However, only granting her one short glance, Yera turned her eyes back to the table, where the other boy had been.
Meanwhile the other girl came back, and she had donned an apron. The other waitress, who had been sent to clean the floor seemed to be happy. Apparently her shift was over now.
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Ocean Liam Gold
Ocean was about to exit the shop when a girl stepped into the store through a side door. He noticed her come in and he turned to look as she cleaned his mess. She looked so familiar for some reason and yet, he couldn't place her.

He continued to watch her and noticed the creepy girl watching too. He frowned. There was something up with her as well. He didn't like the feel of her at all. He didn't like her thoughts, for now he decided they must be her thoughts and he was reading them. Ever so slowly things started to come back, until he remembered just about everything, or so he thought. He then knew who this girl was and why she looked familiar. He moved over to her and knelt down. "May I talk fora moment...?"He whispered to her, not wanting the other girl to hear.

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMarai on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Leah Karr

Leah didn't notice the broken cup and spilled drink until her coworker had skittered out the door, leaving her to clean the mess alone. The lazy flake; that mess had occurred on her watch, not Leah's. Well, there went her good mood. With an, admittedly very mild, scowl settling itself upon her features, she grabbed a rag and a small wastebasket and went to clean it up.

She knelt by the broken cup and, using the rag, she gathered up the pieces and dropped them in the basket. She then used the rag to soak up as much of the spill as it would hold. All of this, of course, was being done as quickly as possible. She needed to get back to the counter to fill orders, after all. It was a small enough cafe that she was the only one working at the moment.

She was almost done when she felt someone kneel down to her. She stiffen when she felt the words hit her ear-- God, if she was being hit on, there went the rest of her day. No good mood anymore, and here's hoping she'd be able to stay calm enough to keep her job. She turned her head to downright glare at whomever had the audacity to whisper in her ear. She felt a strange moment of deja vu when she saw the boy kneeling beside her, but quickly shook it off.

"What?" she all but barked.

SinMarai
Chicken Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:05 am

Margaret Marie Lawrence

When Marie reached the orphanage she volunteered at, she immediately knew something was wrong. She had made it through the door and down the first hallway, and Stacy wasn’t wrapped around her leg. Hurrying off to the receptionists desk, Marie pondered the possibilities. Maybe she’d gotten sick, maybe she was angry with her, or maybe she’d gotten adopted. Marie’s heart jumped at the thought that little Stacy could have parents. It fell though, when she saw the sad look on the receptionists’ face. The woman looked up at her, and then avoided eye contact. That was bad. “Where’s Stacy?” Marie asked the woman, getting more and more worried by the second.

The woman, Carrie, she sighed, and explained, “She left us. Her bunk was empty during the headcount this morning. We called the police, but there’s not a lot they can do about a runaway orphan.” Carrie reached under the desk. “Headmistress sent these, for you. She said that yellow tulips were your favorite, and that they might cheer you up.”

Marie’s eyes narrowed as she took the flowers, “There is a nine year old child out there alone, and all the headmistress is doing is sending out flowers?” Marie didn’t wait for a response to her shout, she headed out the door. She kept walking into through the city, she had no clue where she was going, she just needed to walk. When her feet started to hurt, she looked around for a bench, and she sat down. Marie felt so empty. Another child, lost and alone. She didn’t understand why she felt so strongly about it, but it was important, for them not to be alone.

With Stacy’s unopened present in one hand, and the now wilted bouquet in the other, Marie just sat there, trying to comprehend why she would go to hell and back for a child with no parents. Why would she care that someone was out there alone, it happened all the time. Tears began to fall, and Marie still didn’t get why.
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:57 pm

Ocean Liam Gold
Ocean, upon hearing her snap, knew he was right about his assumption on her identity. He leaned back in, not wanting the creepy girl to hear. "Not here, someplace private..."He whispered to her again, nodding toward the girl who was listening in. "I don't want uninvited guests listening in please?" He asked, never really that great at communicating. He preferred to stay quiet, although this time it was important that he did. He needed to know and figure out what to do. He knew that if he was starting to remember, the others probably were too, and they needed to find them. They were a family.

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMarai on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Leah Karr

Confused, Leah took a moment to actually look at the boy talking to her. His request threw her off for a moment; no one had ever tried to bother her "in private" before, but now that she really looked at him, she wasn't sure that was why he was whispering to her. She hated to admit it, but she was curious about what he had to say, especially since that weird deja vu feeling wasn't going away. She knew him from somewhere. She just hoped it wasn't from someplace bad, though that was more likely than not. Leah threw a quick glance in the direction he had nodded and saw a white-haired girl looking at them rather intently, which made the strange feeling worse. That in turn made her want to hear what the boy had to say all the more.

With a huff she turned her eyes over to the counter, and saw a line forming. She couldn't leave, she had to work. If too many people complained about the service, she'd get in trouble. She couldn't let herself lose this job, it had taken too long to get! She felt herself growl softly in irritation before looking at the boy again.

"Not now, I have to work. Come back later?" she asked, feeling a bit stupid. Why was she inviting him back on a whim? Today was turning out to be weird, if nothing else. And she still hadn't even had time for a cup of coffee, damn it.

SinMarai
Chicken Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Just to let you guys know, like I told potatoe, this section is for OOC talk only. Your role-play posts. Potatoe's already made a new thread and moved your posts over (which I thank her for). So make sure you're posting your IC in that thread and not here. Thanks guys! ^^
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

http://familyvent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Estalu on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:25 pm

Just wanted to warn you, I am going to take a trp that will be over about three weeks, so I may not post as often in that time frame. I should be able to still post, though.
Estalu
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down