Pokemon

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pokemon

Post by savfantasy on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:37 am

Okay, so I'm sort of a loser, but would anyone here be interested in partaking in a pokemon roleplay? Very Happy
We would play the trainers, of course. Battleing system would probably be based on the card game (using the set HP and moves of the card as our base stats). Leveling up could probably be done similar to DND.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Re: Pokemon

Post by Raivyn on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:23 pm

See. I really like this idea. Mostly because I am quilty of still playing Pokemon. But my only question is what set? Would we be using just the original 150? Or are you extending it beyond that?

Raivyn
Unreliable Narrator

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:00 am

I would like to stretch it a little, for comfort. My proposal is to have it set in kanto, because that's the area I know best, but have all recent pokemon available too.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Karali on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:14 pm

I was totally on-board until I heard mention of 'card game' and 'D&D'-style leveling.

I have absolutely no experience with either of those. ;n;
Karali
Global Critics
Global Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by redserpent on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:37 pm

I'm game. I don't know a lot of the middle-pokemon, I only played blue/red/gold currently on diamond. But it sounds like it could be fun. And like Karali though, I dunno D&D stuff at all >.>;
redserpent
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:00 pm

We might could make it free style, since most people seem to be saying that they don't know D&D that well. Once I get the idea polished, I'll start the tread. Very Happy
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tokuori on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:21 pm

Tokuori
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by Mono on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:23 am

Now heres my question. Seriously, wtf?

why base it off of the card game when you can base it off of the origional Pokemon games (Red blue yellow and green) and have it EXACTLY the same layout and a little more strategy to it other than JUST *attack* *hit* *dead* *idiotic win pose*
Mono
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:58 pm

No offense, but is there anyway you could make a suggestion without sounding like a total douche?
I'm open to suggestions, which is why we have this thread. Thank you for your opinion. I was just trying to find a way to have a battle system in case two players end up fighting.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:08 pm

Cool it you two. Mono, if you're going to suggest something, please word it differently.
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

http://familyvent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:20 pm

sorry
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mono on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Actually, I cant sound less like a Douche. Im busy being an asshole because I keep getting treated like shit ever damn day. If I take it out on you, just know that there is a reason.
Mono
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:30 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm sorry I overreacted. I'm not used to sharing my ideas with others, and my feelings get hurt way too easily. ^^;
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mono on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:31 pm

I used to be that way untill I started guarding my feelings. After practically becoming emotionless, the only thing is hard is to control anger any more.
Mono
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Back on topic, guys. Pokemon!! Yay!!
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

http://familyvent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mono on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Pokemon season 1 was better... I owned with Mankee
Mono
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Its true. The first was the best. So, do you think I should start it?

I like your idea of playing it as the games, but I still have one worry, that I believe I've expressed before. If you have an answer to it, please let me know. How do we handle it if two users want to battle, since each of them will want thier team to win?
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mono on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:01 pm

Well... WE can always adapt. But some times people have to just take a loss.

This time, Pm me your start of one.
Mono
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tokuori on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:03 pm

And here comes my suggestion yaaay everyone wants to knowww~~

xD

So like.. What if it wasn't based of the games or the card game, or even the show? It could be a completely new idea.

Possibly just play as pokemon--you know.. Someones a Pikachu, someone else is Vileplume. I've seen plenty of roleplays that way and its always seemed interesting.
Better yet we could do the whole.. someones a trainer, someones a pokemon. Or whatever. I say this because then battles wouldn't become so complicated, you know.. hit points ect ect--I know some people find that to be fun, but in all honesty couldn't we just pick up a gameboy and get the same affect? Why not act it out. Put more action into the battles--In the games, tv show and all that, theres never any blood, or true side to what the pokemon feel as they battle, so why not add that into the mix? I know I'm destroying a perfectly good game with my ideas..
But it seems so interesting to do. I mean if that were the case we could outlaw legendaries. Or say.. only a few select people could be them.. the thing about legendaries though is there can only be one or two, and they wouldn't get to interact as much as other pokemon.. so people would somewhat pick commons, so they could get to be in the story more.

Personally I'd be my old favorite since I got my very first game, Pokemon Blue.

Mew.

But I mean.. yeah.. I'm a dorky nerd.. so Obviously I'd pick mew. With the power to change into any other pokemon. That or Latious/Latias, the ability to change into humans.. hehe..

But I digress.. Really, I'm getting off topic. Tell me what you think. Probably not the worst idea I've had--but not sure.
Tokuori
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by Mono on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:05 pm

Because she wanted to play as the trainer and not the pokemon?
Mono
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tokuori on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Well I do apologies. But you didn't find even the slightest bit of my idea interesting?
Also as I said in my above post, it could be easy to play the trainer, as well as the pokemon, in a roleplaying environment.

Tokuori
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by Mono on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I've done it before many times. Its not that new to me.

And its that NO ONE WILL FREAKING RP WITH ME ON A REGULAR BASIS!
Mono
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Its true. I've seen that idea before - and it is interesting - but here was my thought: I wanted it to be similar to the games because I love the thought of training the pokemon. I just don't get enough satisfaction out of the games however, because it is so inpersonal. It is always the same in every game.

With a roleplay, you can get more in depth with your character and your pokemon. I love the thought of each pokemon having a different personality, like they get in the show, and you just don't get that in the games. Plus the interaction of the users will also add more complexity than the games offer.

So, that's my general thought process for this roleplay, rather we do it freely or with a set of rules. Very Happy

Of course, if someone truely wanted to play the pokemon, they could. I just think that would make it more complicated than neccissary. It would also be slightly frustrating, since they wouldn't be able to speak with the people playing the trainers. My suggestion is that if you have your heart set on your idea, you can always start your own rp thread. I'm sure you could find members. I might even be amoung them. Very Happy
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tokuori on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:31 pm

I completely get where you're coming from and I think it is a good idea. Not necessarily for me--but that doesn't make it a good one.
I also feel the games to be a little impersonal--maybe not so much since I started playing with my boyfriend again.. But yeah, I absolutely get it.
I don't mean in any way to pry you from the site.. But I was recently browsing the web and found an actual MMO of the game--where you can play as a trainer and battle with others online, walk around the world.. catch your team, ect.
Its actually just like the video game, with all sorts of towns ect ect..

But, with other people wandering around.

I didn't personally check it out, but a friend suggested it.

Then again, they said the severs were very full.. So I was a bit put back from that. I hate over populated severs.. thats why in Warcraft I play on a medium seversize.. Perfect. xD
Tokuori
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:35 pm

lol. That sounds cool. Unfortunatly, my compie can't handle MMOs.

To Mono: Did you want to make this a one on one? If not, then I don't see the point of PMing you the start. I'd kind of like to keep it open for multiple users. If you have some reason for me to PM you, I don't mind, but explain it to me. Smile

If no one objects, I'll begin the thread tomorrow. Very Happy
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next