College

Go down

College

Post by Eclipse on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:10 am

Well I'm starting college soon so I guess I made this thread so we can just discuss anything related about college? Experiences, classes, etc. Well I have my classes for the semester already and it seems pretty fun except for English. Stupid colleges making us taking basics. I have Design 1, Basic Illustration, 3D modeling and rendering and English composition. Seems like a pretty easy schedule, I'm done at like 3:30 pm every day except Fridays i finish before noon since I only have 1 class.
Eclipse
A Contradiction

Back to top Go down

Re: College

Post by savfantasy on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 am

I'm also starting my freshman year this fall. To be honest, I'm very nervous. My schedule isn't as nice as yours, though. lol

I have to take a stupid introduction class that is required for all freshman, which is wonderful. I also thought I'd get my public speaking class out of the way. Razz I'm also taking Latin 101 and a chemestry course.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:17 am

Introduction class? Wow that's odd. What are you majoring in?
Eclipse
A Contradiction

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 am

I’m going into my…fifth year? Well, ok, I actually started college when I was still in high school, so this is actually my fourth full year. Because when I was in high school I only took two classes since I had to go to high school on top of that.

Anyway, I was a nervous wreck when I started too, but after a while it just become routine. I must say that I like college much more than I like high school because you don’t get in trouble for every little thing. I have most of my general courses out of the way at this point, but I still have one or two more. I’m a clinical/counseling psych major, which I love!

I’m hoping to get into an internship in my spring semester. I’m really excited to actually get to work in a clinical setting since I’ve never done it before. But this semester’s not that bad with courses. I’m taking five classes this semester. Experimental Psych, Astronomy, Astronomy lab, French 3, and American Genre Film, yes this is the semester I’m getting most of the left over general classes out of the way along with my electives.

Ok, I’mma stop rambling on now, lol.
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

http://familyvent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:23 am

I'll be taking French 3 next semester; it's not offered in the fall for my school. Maybe we could practice together? I'm afraid I'll get rusty if I don't use it at all. x3
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:26 am

We could practice together, lol. I'm so rusty at it, it's been two years since I've taken it. TonyM has been studying non-stop since the summer started, so he can help us out too, haha. I should...and probably will, make a French thread, haha.
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:27 am

Great! I'll keep an eye out for it. Very Happy
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by redserpent on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:32 pm

Mmm college! I go back this week, but classes don't start for another week after that =D

I'm an electrical/computer engineering major going into my fourth year, but my classes are all over the place @_@; I'll be taking Fundamentals of Electromagnetics, Differential Equations (easy A), Beginning Fiction Workshop, Introduction to Philosophy, and Personal Fitness.

I'm totally excited.
redserpent
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMarai on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm going into my second year, but I had to take an introduction class my first semester, too. I was an art major, and still kind of am, but I'm trying to get my grades up so I can get into a better college and become a psych major.

For now I'm taking Painting I, Introduction to Sociology, Digital Imaging 3, which is basically a class on adobe programs, and Illustration. I'm psyched for this semester, and I can't wait for it to start!

redserpent: Here's hoping your Intro to Philosophy teacher is better than mine was.
SinMarai
Chicken Scratch

http://sinmarai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karali on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm starting my sophomore year this year.

Next Monday.

I'm kind of not looking forward to it. But I have Fridays off, and I get out at 12:30 on every day except Wednesday for the first eight weeks. SO IT'S NOT SO BAD.
Karali
Global Critics
Global Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:48 pm

What classes are you taking?
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Tails Kaiba on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Eeks, college! XD I go to the Art Institute~ I am studying game art and design. It's hard, but fun. <3
Tails Kaiba
Unreliable Narrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mono on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:31 am

1: Never do the naked mile
2: Avoid "That girl" at the parties. You know who I'm talking about even if you havent been yet.
3: NEVER eat Kalamari or Kegogi. (Kalamari is baby squids, Kegogi is Dog)
4: DONT spend all of your money. Keep about $400-$1,000 at hand for bail money and have 2 CLOSE friends who can get to it when needed.
5: Most importantly, if you see a guy talking to himself, go talk to him. He may be "Weird" to you but he will more than likely be the smartest person on the Campus.
Mono
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by TaichoNinobu on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:49 pm

I'm going into my 3rd year of college. I applied for Art Institute, but I found that it wasn't really a school meant for me since, it was more digital and graphic oriented than I was looking for, lol.

So I found College of Visual Arts and majoring in Illustration. It's been fun, but it also can be very hectic, especially around the end of semesters and you have a stack of finals to do. There's always good and bad experiences in your school years, but you just have to stick through it. Especially if you're going for something you feel passionate about.

Best of luck to you and your first year in college!

TaichoNinobu
A Contradiction

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenroses on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:11 pm

I'll be in my second year. I had an all right year but I'm very anti-social and I made like 2 good friends all year. I couldn't stand my roommate either but that's because she was a total pot head which made he slow and a little dumber.

My suggestions: avoid drugs, don't cut class (you're paying a TON of money, why skip and be lost?) ask questions, work together and don't be afraid. Try things but know your limits.
ravenroses
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyMFuss on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:02 pm

Mono wrote:1: Never do the naked mile
2: Avoid "That girl" at the parties. You know who I'm talking about even if you havent been yet.
3: NEVER eat Kalamari or Kegogi. (Kalamari is baby squids, Kegogi is Dog)
4: DONT spend all of your money. Keep about $400-$1,000 at hand for bail money and have 2 CLOSE friends who can get to it when needed.
5: Most importantly, if you see a guy talking to himself, go talk to him. He may be "Weird" to you but he will more than likely be the smartest person on the Campus.

Just wanted to point out: Kalamari is very yummy and I talk to mysef all the time. Lunar will tell you, whenever I am writing--be it a paper poem or story--I tend to "conduct."

Anyway, my advice to anyone starting college is as follows. It may seem like a waste of money/time, but invest in a study class. You will learn lots of underused tips that come in handy later on. Always carry a planner of some sort and plan everything out, papers, projects, ect., atleast three weeks in advance. Do not waste weekends on parties or drinking, though a few times should not hurt. Socialize with teachers as much, if not more, than your classmates, because these people hold your future in their hands and if they like you, your chances of success sky rocket even if you do not have great grades. Get involved in school activities that actually help demonstrate your personal work to the falculty. IE: I've been asked on a couple of ocassions to read my poems/papers for certain events. That is something you do not pass up, because even if the professor that asked you to do it is an ass, you just might get praise and notice from somene higher up. Oh, and always remember your sunscreen.

Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:05 pm

TonyMFuss wrote:

Just wanted to point out: Kalamari is very yummy and I talk to mysef all the time. Lunar will tell you, whenever I am writing--be it a paper poem or story--I tend to "conduct."

Kalamari is actually pretty good with some ketchup. And yes, he talks and "conducts" when he's writing papers and stuff (is priceless!). You do have some pretty good points up there, TonyM! Though, I still should get involved with the Psych Club and try to talk to my teachers, though even if I don't talk, they seem to end up liking me...I always found that to be odd.
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:22 pm

I talk to myself from time to time and i too love kalimari. Usually fried I prefer my food not to resemble its living form.
Veritas
A Footnote

http://wannabepoet.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Has anyone started their college semester yet? How is it going so far?
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Satan2.0 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Hmm,

Well... I finally started my GED program at the College.

XDD

Most people there are a lot older then me. O.o

But At least I can get that out of the way so I can start Art and Writing classes.

>.>
<.<

I'm excited for tonights my evaluation on how I was on my tests so I can see what classes I need to take to pass my GED.
Satan2.0
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down