Jefferson High School IC

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Jefferson High School IC

Post by Nepenthe on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:17 pm

Nathaniel flashed her a smile. „Great“, he exclaimed and readjusted the strap of his bag. “Don’t worry. The jerks on the bus are mostly stupid idiots who have a quite limited treasure of words.” He chuckled and made her way down to the bus station, beckoning her to follow.

“When they realize you are far above their standard, they will most likely leave you alone.” He looked at her and shook his head. Maybe it was different as a girl, he wouldn’t know. To that came that he was only going by bus every now and then and then he rarely noticed the other passengers. He was content with his music and maybe a good book, if he could get a seat.

“I think I can get my doctor to write me an excuse. I haven’t been sick for over half a year, so he won’t really complain.” He sighed and in slightly lower voice he added a short “I hope.” If he wouldn’t excuse him, he’d have a big argument coming ahead. “Otherwise my parents would take me home, I fear.” His worst nightmare, but he didn’t want to think about it.

“My apartment”, he answered, to get his thoughts away from the doctor’s note. “It’s quite a nice apartment. Got it really cheap, for they had to get a new tenant, for the old one died or something. So I was lucky. Three rooms in a not-so-bad neighbourhood. Just lock your door at nights and don’t leave your window open and you’re fine.“ Nathaniel looked down the road. He hoped the bus would arrive soon.

So he threw a short look at the schedule and then checked his watch. “Ten minutes”, he told Jolene finally and leaned against the lamppost pulling out a cigarette. “Have one.” With that Nathaniel offered his box of cigarettes to Jolene.
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:27 pm

Jolene had to smile back when he smiled at her. That was something she'd never expected. "Maybe to you." she grumbled playfully. "However, they don't usually let up on me, no matter where I'm sitting." She explained.

"Though, honestly, I don't see how they let up on a catch like you." She teased him, poking his arm playfully as they walked. "Long hair, nice eyes, hot body... You must be hit on constantly." She teased.

"Just say that you have back pain. They can't prove it so they can't just turn you down. As long as you aren't begging for pills, they aren't going to look into it much." She blushed and looked down. "My step-father liked pain pills." She explained, pushing at her hair.

As she took that cigarette from him, the brunette smiled at him. "You are lucky." She said. "I plan to leave soon, but it will be hard finding something so good. I figure I will end up in a studio apartment, with bars on the windows and four locks on the door." She said with a laugh.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:55 pm

Karma flashed a smile. “Yes, Karma, that’s me. And you are Ocean, right? We have classes together, it was inevitable that we picked up each others’ names even without talking. Especially the way the girls fawn over you.”

Karma couldn’t fight the eye-roll. It was insane, the way girls acted over an attractive guy. Screaming when he was in their sight. Blackmailing teachers to get a seat close to him. Drawing pictures of him by memory. Karma’s train of thoughts hit the breaks, and her eyes traveled to her sketch book.

She wasn’t like hormonal sex-crazed fan chicks though. Karma admired him through an artistic eye. She just thought he was pretty. Her noticing that Ocean had perfect eyes, was completely different. It was her artistic view, not her libido.

His refusal of her lollipop was polite, and inoffensive. Secretly she was glad. Karma had offered him the last dum-dum she had on her. The bag wouldn’t fit in her bag, with all of her books, so she slipped them into Nobles bag. Hopefully, Noble wouldn’t dispose of them… it was a habit, she couldn’t kick, so Karma needed her sugar fix.

“I’m somewhat surprised that you skipped out on a chance to be away from the prison of the schools walls.” Karma stated, completely out of no where.
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Now Nathaniel laughed. „Oh, maybe to you. To those ghetto kids I’m too dangerous. I mean… wearing black, long hair my strange Thor’s hammer and my Celtic cross on my neck, I must be a lunatic.” The boy shook his head, trying to brush over the compliment. Yes, he was flattered by it, but he definitely wasn’t a girl, blushing and looking down to the ground desperately looking for words. To emphasize Nathaniel even tried his scaring look’, he always used if he wanted to creep one out.

But then he smiled again and nodded. “Thanks, but I don’t need pills, I think. I’d never beg for them, though.” He said, pulling out a lighter and offering the girl some fire. “I mean, you get enough stuff in your life, why should I beg for pills that either rob my sleep or make me high. I mean, I once had something with my back and I had a terrible week.” Nathaniel shook his head and pulled out a cigarette for himself.

“And with the apartment… I only got lucky. I mean, I thought I’d end up somewhere in the slums, as I’d be unable to afford a better apartment, but everything was better than home.” He smiled at the irony. “Seems both of us have bad luck with parents.”

He took a deep drag and exhaled the bluish smoke while he pondered. Then he broke the silence. “Just keep your eyes open. The newspapers are full of good apartments. Just be quick and make a good impression.” The boy laughed. “I actually showed up in Jeans, which was better apparently.”
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:23 pm

"I said that you didn't want pills. It was just a way that you could get a note." Jolene shrugged and let him light her cigarette. "I used to steal pills from my step-dad, to get through the stuff, that I know that some of that stuff is killer." She said, though there was a bottle of pills in her back pack. If she was lucky, she wouldn't have to use them.

"I plan to do that, go through the papers, but it's going to be difficult." She sighed and again shrugged. As she looked down the road, she couldn't help but think that she was probably just going along with what everyone thought of her. She was skipping school to go into someone else's apartment.

"Do you have any good movies at your apartment?" she asked, trying to think of something to talk about. As she watched the road, she found it hard to think of stuff to talk about. She had never thought that she would be talking to him, and while she'd thought of things to talk to him about, it hadn't been anything besides music and stuff.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:46 pm

“Yeah…” Nathaniel nodded and looked up into the sky. The sun was burning hot from a steel sky and the boy pondered if it was getting too hot to sleep again in his apartment, before he took another drag and looked back at Jolene. “I’ll see. I hope I get this note. I’m not skipping class that often. Don’t get a false impression”, he laughed and exhaled.

“Be quick. Get up early, maybe even get it from the newspaper guy and then phone the people as soon as you think it appropriate”, he suggested. “At least this worked for me. And if your parents don’t get the newspapers, hurry to the next store and get them for a few cents.” Nathaniel looked at her and had something of a bad feeling. He was skipping classes and was taking a girl with him. It wasn’t his normal behaviour but it’d fit with the picture most students had about him.

“Movies… Let’s see.” Nathaniel tried to remember what DVDs he had at home. Of course the ones his parents had insisted he’d take with him somewhere under his couch to even it after he had broken it during the move. “It depends on what you like. Corpse Bride, A Nightmare before Christmas, some action movies like Indiana Jones, just to name a few. So, what do you like?”

Again Nathaniel threw a look down the street and was glad as he recognized the bus just coming around a corner. “Finally”, he whispered.
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 pm

Jolene looked at him, wondering what was up with the black haired boy next to her. He seemed to have a bit of a past that he wasn't revealing, just like she did. But, instead of going along with how he looked, he was going against it. She wondered if she'd ever be able to get a life like his, one where she wasn't looking for a way not to feel.

It wasn't hard for her to see him out early, trying to get the perfect apartment. And, maybe she could do the same thing. Standing at a store, or in front of a pay phone. It was really a nice thought, as long as she was getting out of that house and away from that pervert.

She saw the bus as well, and sighed in relief. "I love horror movies, or comedies." She responded, taking one final drag from her cigarette before stamping it out with her heel. Last she'd heard, smoking on a bus wasn't allowed.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 pm

Nathaniel finished his cigarette as well and let it fall on the ground before he grinded it with his boot just in the moment the bus stopped at the station. The doors swung open and the boy entered the bus, ignoring the driver’s strange look. It was apparent that he and Jolene were skipping class. No other student was seen nearby.

“Two tickets to Western Mall”, he ordered, even before the driver was able to give a snide remark. Looking over his shoulder to Jolene, he smiled at her. “I think I have some movies, you like”, he said, before looking in his bag for his money. As he finally found the crumpled ten Dollar note, he handed it over to the bus driver.

“Here”, he said, waiting for the change and his tickets. Awaiting it with his hand open, he pointed to an empty seat for Jolene and himself. “Just sit down, I’ll be with you in one minute.” With that he put the change in his crammed bag.

“You are not at school?” The driver finally found the time to give his thoughts words, but Nathaniel just grimaced.
“Well, considering we are on this bus – no, we are not at school apparently”, he gave back before he went to join the brunette girl.
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Jolene nodded when he said to just sit down and she walked through the bus to a seat that didn't have people around it. That didn't stop the looks or the comments, but, like always, she tried to ignore them. What else was she supposed to do? Once she'd tried responding, that had only egged them on.

"Why don't you sit with me, baby?" A ragged looking man asked when she was sitting down. He was across from her, and she had thought that he would actually be good about it all. But, apparently not. She turned away from him, waiting on Nathaniel.

"Hey." She said when he was sitting back next to her. She hoed that the male company was enough to make the people stop. "So, what movies do you have?" She asked curiously, pushing her hair out of her face as she looked at him.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Nathaniel sat down next to Jolene. With a sigh he led his bag slide down his shoulder on the bus floor. “Hey”, he answered a bit exasperated. “Why can’t people keep their unnecessary comments with themselves?”, he wondered and leaned back, just glancing out of the window, where he could watch the school building vanish behind some pine trees. Then he turned his attention back to Jolene.

Just as he wanted to answer her question about the movies, he noticed the ragged man across of their seats. He was eyeing both of them with a suspicious look. So Nathaniel raised an eyebrow and stared back at him. One moment passed, then another. Silence fell, but then Nathaniel looked back at his company, ignoring the man; but not without pulling his bag closer to his body.

“What was I saying?” he whispered to himself, then grinned. “Oh right. I have a bunch of movies. Some of them serving as part of my couch, some of them worth seeing.” For one moment he stalled then half-closed his eyes, while trying to think of a really good movie.

“You don’t happen to know Monty Python? Or Dogma?” He didn’t know if those were the comedies she liked, so he considered it best, if she had a look at his DVDs when they came home.
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:41 pm

Jolene smiled at Nathaniel. "People are too loudmouthed for their own good." She said with a shrug, before wrinkling her nose. When she saw that the guy was looking at them with interest, she turned away as well, angling her body toward Nathaniel.

"Are we talking Flying Circus, Monty Python or Holy Grail?" She asked with a small smile. "And I love Dogma, though it's been a long time since I've seen it." She told him, shrugging as she set her bag on her lap and ran her hands over it.

"So, where are we headed? Where is your apartment?" She asked curiously as she watched the goth guy. She'd never been considered 'goth' but she always considered them very attractive. And Nathaniel was right up there on the list of attractive goths at the school.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:56 pm

“Yea, that’s true”, Nathaniel agreed with Jolene. That reminded him, why he preferred using his car, to school as well as to Walmart. This thought caused him to curse slightly. How was he supposed to get there? “Great”, he murmured, leaning back into the seat, pulling his bag onto his knees and pulling out a thermos flask, handing it over to Jolene.

“Coffee?”, he offered, before a small smile reappeared on his lips. “And we are talking about Flying Circus and Holy Grail”, he answered, looking at the girl. It was strange. Under normal circumstances he’d never have talked to her, and now he was brining her into his own apartment. Fate was really unpredictable.

“Okay, then you know I have some decent movies at home. Oh, and when you still want to look through them, don’t be afraid, if you happen to find some… strange documentaries or ad-movie-thingies something.” He had to think about the countless worthless disks his parents still sent him at least once a month.

“My apartment is five minutes away from West Mall. That’s were we’re headed.” Nathaniel flipped his fingers. “Oh, and before I forget.” Again he began rummaging in his bag, pulling out one of the tickets. “Here your ticket.” With that he offered it to Jolene.
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:05 am

Jolene smiled at him when he offered her the coffee. "Thanks." She said, taking some. "Well, then, yes." She said with a quick nod, winking at him. "I'd rather watch Holy Grail to Flying Circus." She told him. She loved Holy Grail, it was one of the funnier movies that she'd seen. History of the World Part One was another one.

Jolene's face spread slightly wider, wondering what kind of movies he was talking about. "Strange? I love Strange. What, something like StrangeLand in real life? Or something just a little, off kilter?" She asked.

She took the ticket from him, her fingers brushing over his for a split second, before she had the ticket and was looking at it. "Well, you seem to have the perfect apartment." She teased, winking at him.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:25 am

Nathaniel grinned. “Great”, he said. “I love Holy Grail. It was one of my first … real… movies I got to watch. I have loved it since then.” He still remembered seeing that movie at a friend’s house on a sleep-over night. He was still kind of surprised he had been allowed to go in the first place. “I have bought it shortly after.” Yes, he had been proud, hiding the DVD at school only brining it home only now and then, when he was sure his parents were away at community services.

However, then Jolene asked about the other movies and Nathaniel sighed heavily. “Well, strange in terms of weird and creepy stuff”, he answered. “DVDs only good enough to serve as support for my half-broken sofa.” Somehow he wondered what the girl might think about him, when she found the disks. Probably that he was a complete nutter.

“The perfect apartment?”, he retorted. “Well, yes, bad thing it is only so far away from school, the garage or my job, at least thinking in terms of going by bus.”
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:25 pm

Ocean gave a nod. " yeah it is kind of weird like that..."He said, blushing a bit when she mentioned all the girls talking about him. He didn't like that they did that. It bothered him. A lot.

He noticed her eyes drift back to her sketch book, making him wonder if she had drawn him like a typical girl. He sighed and rolled his eyes. She was just like everyone else. He thought maybe this wasn't such a good idea. He shifted a bit before she spoke again, preparing to get up and leave. Unfortunately, he had to be polite.

"Oh...yes...well...I forgot about the trip and, I've missed enough days as it is...I can't afford to miss more...unless I want summer school..."

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:44 am

Jolene smiled and nodded, glad that they seemed to have something in common. At least in movies, and music. She couldn't think about what else they could have in common. He looked like the partying type, but really, after talking to him for a bit, she was sure that he didn't do that much. Momentarily, she thought that spending time with him would be good.

She partied to forget, though she didn't like what she did, what she became when she partied. It was better, easier, than thinking about what she'd gone through after her father's death. Her life had been perfect, a nice house, a wonderful family, a dog.. Then, her father died, her mother had married, moved them to a trailer. The man had done things to her that she never wanted to remember, and then she was moved to a house that the father there had done the same thing. Teachers, counselors, 'friends'.

Maybe she could find a way to forget without drugs or alcohol. She didn't want to do it anymore... It was just hard to stop.

"Well, at least you are close to the fun stuff." She said taking a sip of coffee. "Work and school may be important, but not fun." She joked. "Do you think it will be long getting your car fixed?" She asked, seriously.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:02 am

Silence fell and Nathaniel used the time to stare out of the window, deep in thoughts. Then he turned back to Jolene. Only two stops from his home. “We are almost there”, he informed the brunette girl next to him and smiled. “I am glad, that I am home again”, he sighed and picked a chewing gum from his bag, popping it into his mouth.

For a moment, Nathaniel wondered if he had cleaned the mess in the kitchen. His band colleagues had been at his place for the weekend and after two days his kitchen – and in fact his whole apartment were a disaster. With a sigh the boy remembered that he had been too lazy to get everything in its former state. At least the living room was somewhat acceptable.

“The close stuff, yeah”, he said. “That’s true. Getting something in the middle of the night is pretty easy.” He chuckled and pointed at the front. He very well remembered the weekend when his friends had realized the beer was empty.

Then he sighed again. “I don’t know. The towing service just got the car to the car repair shop, but I think I’ll have to phone them as soon as I get home.” And this happened when he wanted to buy himself a new bass guitar. “Well, I hope.”

He pointed forward, just as the bus stopped once again. “Next stop, we should get off.” With that he rose from his seat, his bag placing on his right shoulder. “So, where do your fosters live?”
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:13 am

Jolene could tell that he was thinking something, and she had a feeling it was something like 'Did I do that laundry?' Though not exactly that. It's what all men worried about when they were bringing a girl home. It was cute, really. And kind of flattering. Even if it was just because he was bringing a friend over, people didn't worry about presentation when they brought her somewhere.

"I bet." She said with a nod, smiling at his chuckle. "There is everything around here." She commented, looking around the outside of the bus.

"I won't stand in the way." She commented. "Don't worry." She smiled sweetly, pushing her hair out of her face as he stood up. She did the same thing, putting her bag over her shoulder.

"They live about six blocks from the school." She said, shrugging. "It's usually a nice walk. Nice neighborhood, perfect lawns, houses. One would think nothing bad can happen there." She said, shrugging again. One would think that, but one would be wrong.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:01 pm

„Yeah“, he nodded and threw a quick look out of the window as the bus came to a halt. “Good for someone who is lazy. Shopping right around the corner.” He grinned and watched the doors swung open.

“Come”, he beckoned and left the bus. First thing he did was breathing in deeply. The confined space of a bus with crowded people wasn’t exactly what he thought comfortable. Then he turned back to Jolene.

“I know you won’t stand in the way. You could go through my DVDs while I phone. Maybe you find something you like even more than Holy Grail.” He glanced over his shoulder and started walking down the street.

Six blocks from school… “You don’t have to get up early then”, he finally replied, only after he had spoken he realized how sheepish it must sound and he laughed. “Well, that was not one of my most intelligent answers”, he grinned and shook his head. “However, the neighbourhood sounds nice. Having a garden sounds prefect for barbeque parties.” Though he wasn’t sure if Jolene’s fosters would let her use the garden. However, hadn’t she mentioned that she was getting away with more at their place?

“Oh, and I hope you like pizza for lunch. I still have some leftovers from the weekend.”
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Karma & Noble

Nodding Karma focused on the board, “Yeah, completely understandable. Missing days would be bad.” For him of course, but why was she there? Right, because Noble would blow a gasket. Giggling at the thought, Karma slid out of her seat and skipped up to the board.

“I’m going to ditch though.” she stated as she found a purple marker. In her swirly girly cursive, Karma wrote: ‘Karma was here! Heading to the park though, on a solo-field-trip. I’ll bring you back a rock! Toodles!’

Grabbing her bag and her sketch book, Karma stated “It’s not polite to leave without signing out.”

Noble banged his head against the table once more. Why of all people did the calculus teacher decide to not take the day off and go on a field trip? Oh yeah, that’s right. She’s evil! Eyes travling to the window, Noble wished that Karma was there to liven things up. The squirrel that scurried down a tree and fell backwards reminded him of how sugary she was, and how much Calculus needed sugar.
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3