Wanting to start a roleplay! :3

Go down

Wanting to start a roleplay! :3

Post by Tokuori on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi,
I'm interested in starting up a roleplay.. But the trouble is I've got these two ideas and don't know which one to pick.

So basicly. I've tried several times to get my roleplaying spark back.. but whenever I group roleplay and start to really enjoy myself, someone new joins, with an invincible character who dodges all my cunning attacks, and is like LOLIPWNEDU.
What I am begging for.. is a roleplay for the character below.. Possibly a One x One, but if its grouped, I guess I can deal.
Keep in mind this character was pulled from an old site when I was advertising him around.. So, yeah. Didn't edit anything.

Lawl Old Character Is Old wrote:N A M E: Zayden
A G E: { Depending on the story I take up with this character -- Will edit once I find out. }
R A C E: Equinox Dragon; A special, rare species in which the dragon can change its form to better suite its environment. The first documented discovery of the Equinox Draco was founded by the noted Dragonologist Tyr Ahriman, publisher of the book Wings Of Fire.
"I had been traveling for days, my supplies beginning to dwindle, forcing me to move further up stream where I was sure to find food. I thanked the heavens above for my survival training I received in my younger years.. for without it I knew my journeys would have ended long before now. When I walked further I discovered a clearing where a large pond fed the stream I had followed. If I had been younger I would have simply run forward to the water and near by pear tree and stuff myself full to the bursting--lucky for me my age served useful in this moment, I was wise enough to be cautious as I walked forward, taking note of the scorch marks across a nearby rock as well as the large gouge marks torn into some of the trees to the left of the pond. Pleased with the fact that a Dragon was in fact inhabiting this forest as rumor had it--I had to be careful. My first suspicions where of a large Brute who had slashed at the trees to mark his territory and scorched the rocks to show his strength to other males and possible mates that tread in his forest. How mistaken I had been--if only I had taken into account that the marks in the tree did not look at all like claws, but rather scratch marks where a dragon had rubbed against the tree to relive itself from an itch. After setting up camp and waiting for several days I began to wonder if I was to late.. maybe the dragon had moved on after smelling my scent in the air--On the sixth evening in the clearing I had a delightful surprise, the greatest moment in my entire life of Dragon Documentation. As a sat down to my tiny fire to eat a rabbit I had trapped earlier, the winds picked up, obliterating my fire and placing me in almost total darkness--The sunlight waining I strained my eyes to see--and did I see. A magnificent white scaled beast flew down from the sky, touching the water with hardly a sound.. amazing agility and grace for a creature of such mass. The Dragon seemed to have not noticed me, although I new this to be a simple trick.. far to intelligent it was to have not sensed me watching, though it did not seem threatened or concerned at my presence. --...And then it did something I will never forget; With a slow rippling movement its scales chanced from white to pale blue, its tail, face and limbs turned webbed, and it bolted down into the depths of the pond, almost invisible under the waters black surface. I had seen sky dragons, devoted to the heavens which live high in the mountains peeks. I had seen water dragons, lurking deep within the seas and lake beds. I have even seen the hellfire dragons which live in the depths of our world and swim like fire serpents through hot lava. But never in all my years had I seen a dragon that chanced in such ways, and so quickly at that. Shocked for a moment I could not speak or even move for that matter, to grab my sketch book and begin drawing out what I had just beheld. As I regained feeling in my limbs and the numb tingle in my brain faded, dread began to flood in--I had just seen what was most likely the most magnificent dragon to walk the earth, and I had just sat there--not even attempting contact or to even identify any significant markings that may bind it to a dragon previously recorded. As I sat there wishing to smack myself over the head with one of the tiny fires hot embers, I was wrenched from my thoughts when the surface of the water broke, birthing forth the great dragon whom as it touched the grass its scales rippled once more it changed into a earthy green and brown dragon, with horns curling and jetting from its head like tree branches or antlers like that of a buck. its great violet eyes gazed unblinkingly upon me, I will never forget those eyes... they made me feel so small and insignificant. Never would I have thought a Dragon would dare speak in the ways of man, and I was again bolted into awe as the great beast opened its powerful jaws.. and spoke to me. -- To my readers I must apologize deeply for hiding the words of which the Dragon spoke, I believe with every fiber of my being, it was for my ears.. and mine alone. After my journey into the forest ended, I returned home to write my final book and give name to the phenomenal being I had met. The Equinox Dragon. Tyr Ahriman is one of only four human beings who have laid eyes on the mysterious Equinox Draco. Only a few years after Ahriman's discovery and the eyewitness reports, the age of dragon hunting began--a sport some find glorious while others call it murder. It is said that what dragon still exist lay in hiding, no longer trusting of the ways of men--, and why would they trust us now? After the laws passed to have all dragons slain.. a leader who feared the great dragons would over rule him and enslave the humans, have we sealed our own fate by discarding alliances and killing off a powerful.. ancient race? That my friends, is the right question. ||
D E SCRIPT I O N: Zayden {An Equinox Draco} May change form at will based on environment and sometimes mood.
B I O: { To Be Added }

Old Roleplay Post From Zayden wrote:"We humans are such foolish creatures to think with our "vast" intellect we control this world. The lands despite small disputes here and there was a place of peaceful harmony. The Dragons flew high above us in the skies and swam deep below in the oceans depths, keeping the ancient pact to watch over humans and protect them from harm. A pact that had been made with the first man and first dragon, a tradition carried out long before anyone could remember. But it was human nature to fear and resent things more powerful than mankind, our new leader a coward in his own right was the first to speak out against the dragons--at first it seemed like a simple mistake, but then Hatchery's where being destroyed, the tiny unborn chicks slain before they had a chance for life. The dragons called it blasphemy and at once rose to the skies for war, The humans followed suet and thus the first great war began. In a great valley dragons of every kind lined one side, and our foolish humans lined the next, weapons of mans great creation waiting to serve a dark and bloody purpose. The battle field was scorched black, blood stains of dragons and men melded together across the plans that some called The Plain Of Death. "Man has fought and won for his right upon the earth!" Cried the ruler, when on the first day of the new year, the dragons had retreated and no one had seen them sense. For some it was a day to celebrate, for others... secretly it was a somber sad day to morn the last time anyone would see a dragon again. And yet.. on the second morning of mankind's said victory, another threat appeared, From deep within the earth we had awoken their slumber.. They so resembled the dragons that at first we where shocked they had returned--but no. These creatures where no dragons, their red scales, their pure black eyes.. and with them came warriors, human-looking armor clad beasts, with horns like the black beasts they road. Their weapons outnumbered us.. and almost at once we where overwhelmed by them. A year of war... that was all it took for the world to be completely overcome. When one was taken down.. three rose in its place, an unstoppable immortal army had come to enslave our planet, and we had banished our only hope for freedom." | "Thus ends the race of man." The old man sighed, sitting up a little straighter in his chair and setting down the large leather bound book he had been reading from. Tyr Ahriman, a long retired Dragonologist, now an elderly story-teller to the youth of his small crumbling village. "I wrote that on the second coming of the Argotians." Tyr's face was grim, his age was truly starting to catch up with him, and the sadness that never again he would lay eyes upon a dragon.. his elderly heart seemed to crack at the very thought. Placing a shaking hand on his chest, he gazed around at all the faces that had been listening to his tale. A small child who had been clinging to her mother spoke up, gazing right into his eyes. "M-Mister Ahriman.. Will the dragons ever come back?" For a moment he could do nothing but ponder her question, then with a small smile he replied. "Maybe someday dear child... If man can repent.. many someday.."
Billie tossed the stained brown rag over her shoulders as she turned her back on the customer who had just ordered a round of dark brew. She grabbed five wooden mugs from the high shelf and filled them until the thick foam raised above the brim.

She turned back to the bearded traveler and handed him the mug with a smile, “It‘s on me.” The man gave her a flirtatious wink and placed several gold coins the counter, more then what the order was originally worth. He then left the bar and returned to a table where his friends sat awaiting their drinks. She picked up the money, putting it in a pouch underneath the counter, before pulling the rag off of her shoulder and continuing to clean the heavily worn bar that she worked behind.

Today wasn’t a special day by far. The tavern had its usually drunkards sprinkled here and there that sat passed out at the rickety wooden tables. The live band wouldn’t come until nightfall which was when things became much more interesting. So far the day had drug along although there were rumors that the king’s soldiers had strolled in to town. Visits from the king’s personal weren’t out of the ordinary by far but the odd thing about it was there was a lot more whispering about these usually mundane events. People were intrigued by the uniform coated men who only came to stir up trouble then leave. They were in town looking for something or someone very specific but no one was sure of what. Billie knew the soldiers would stop by the tavern later on the evening to ask her if she had heard anything strange and she was sure something would come of their visit.

She sighed heavily later wincing as the pressure of her corset seem to increase exponentially. She placed one hand on her hip, ’Mental Note: Don’t breathe.’ The painful tan dress she wore was required by the owner of the tavern, who was out of town, but she didn’t mind. The tight corset bodice accentuated her shape and increased the volume of her pocket book. The front had a scoop neck with white lace accompanied by ¾ sleeves. The dress itself stopped just below her knees revealing her peanut butter shade calves and humble leather shoes.

She finished cleaning the bar as best she could though they were still blood stains, scratches and dents that decorated its once beautiful surface. It hadn’t been properly polished in years just like the rest of the wooden furniture in the store.
The crowd within the tavern had begun to thin, every few nights Tyr would leave the sad solitude of his small cottage and travel down the road into the village tavern for a drink, sometimes even a hot meal, then leave for the week and only return when he felt the bite for a drink sting his throat. Tyr Ahriman was a handsome man in his youth, and even in his aging years he still held a somewhat youthful look in his eyes, the look of an adventurer and explorer, something that he would never loose. His hair which had always been long and black had begun to gray, and after a few years of having a beard overtake his face, he now kept it clean and straight, so his mouth and nose where visible once again. Lines of age grew across his face, though he refurred to these wrinkles as "wisdom lines"

Something that would always make the owner of the bar laugh, but the owner wasn't there this evening.. another woman wore the owners dress.. not looking to happy about it either. Tyr had known Billie for a while now, or at least he had seen her about.. sometimes she had brought his meals and drinks. He could have sworn sometimes he had seen her out of the corner of his eye, watching him as he told the children stories of dragons.

Ahriman heaved a deep sigh and gulped down more of his drink, gazing down with emerald green eyes at the burn mark that trailed from his fingertips up across his shoulder like a great blackened tattoo. Not one of his fondest memories of his days as a Dragonologist--but still a memory none the less...

Giant yellow eyes gazed down at a younger Tyr Ahriman, who had been traveling through the eastern part of the world in search of a rare breed of dragon known as a Kyvex. It hadn't taken him long to find it.. then again, it was more like it found him. Tyr was foolish to tread in its territory, and would pay the price. Swooping down like a giant green blur it knocked him clear off his feet, then landed with a crash above him, gritting its large gleaming white teeth. Teeth that dripped with an orange saliva, which was in fact what made it so dangerous, Giving its bite a bit of acid. It was not so much the bite that Ahriman feared, it was the flames.. but he was careless--jumping to try and save his belongings, he made a false move and set the great beast into a fiery rage, its mouth opened wide...

Tyr was snapped from his rather unpleasant memories by a voice to his left. Lifting emerald hues to a man who stood before him, his eyes held a suspicious glaze as he looked the man up and down, taking in his appearance and the rod that Elan held. Contemplating his answer for a moment, he gave a heavy sigh--what did he have to be afraid of? He had not broken the law, and as far as he knew.. no soul knew where he kept it. "Yes.." He continued to eye the stranger. "I am Tyr Ahriman."
Tokuori
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanting to start a roleplay! :3

Post by Tokuori on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:59 pm

This idea I've clung to more than others, I think it could go pretty far.. but I just don't know.. Really.

Nothing seems like it would fit any of my characters.
    Right now to be honest I'm in an beast like mood.. Meaning, Animals. Wolves, Dragons... Birds.

• I once had a story that the world had ended, and the people that survived fled to cities and lands that were built high up in the skies. Held up by these rare and powerful crystals. The world below was just a waste land, home to dark creatures that could live in those harsh conditions. The Earth itself was covered in a giant black fog that was deadly to humans or any kind of animal--other than those demons that lived down there. So.. the plight not only being that the world was no longer inhabitable, but that the worlds up high were slowly each day floating lower and lower, many of the smaller levitating words had already broken down, and been destroyed by the crash. So obviously, a story line that would evolve from that would be, someone.. or a select few have to somehow either heal the earth below or stop the floating ones, from falling.
    Anyway, I figure were my character would belong.. would be, she is in fact a song bird. And her owner is one of the few who eventually try to save the.. worlds. And at some point, by a silly mistake, shes changed into a human by a magic maker, who her owner goes to for some reason.
    I figured there could be some romance between herself and owner. And I always thought it was a pretty decent idea.

But alas, I've never really felt the courage enough to actually talk about it. Cause.. last time I did, someone said it was an awful idea. >w<

Tokuori
A Footnote

Back to top Go down