Chivalry (Veritas/Savvy)

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Chivalry (Veritas/Savvy)

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 pm

Lainis smiled, and stretched her sore muscles.
"You're right. But I don't think they'll go easy on us just because we're a bit tired. You think you're up for it?" she teased him lightly. She held the door open for him.
"After you," she siad with a small bow. Both of them walked out of the room chuckling.

"Ah, that's right." For someone who was so brilliant, he had a horrible memory for some things.
"Let's go, then. If you're done?" He took hold of her hand again, and the two of them navigated through the crowded dinning hall. Once they had cleared the noisy room, they were free to talk. Once again however, Faelon had no idea where to begin. He wasn't even sure what he wanted to talk about.

The only sound in the corridor was the two's footsteps echoing off the walls. While Faelon was enjoying the silence after the deafening dinning hall, he was afraid that Tula might find it awkward.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:55 pm

Tula reached over and took his hand as they walked together also glad of the silence as they made there way to the gardens. She loved the gardens it reminded her of home and glanced to her, friend out of the corner of her eyes. “So, Faelon is there anything else you wanted to say?” After all of that what else could there be? Just the thought of his having feelings for her and her returning them was enough to make her excited and nervous. Smiling shyly as they walked together. Looking at the sky she knew the sun would be setting leaving not much time for practice. But such was fall and winter.

Her whole face lit up happier than she;d been in ages. “So I.. umm, have you been watching me? I, not in a bad way just. This all seems kinda sudden.” she tried to not make it sound like he was stalking her she didn't believe it. She just wanted to know how all of this had come about.

More food so soon, Eckart didn't have a problem with it at all he was still hungry as they made it to the hall though there were whispers around them. The closer he listened the more he realized there friends had walked through holding hands. Men gossiping like women, how embarrassing. But he leaned over and told Lanis after finding a seat.
Veritas
A Footnote

http://wannabepoet.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 am

Faelon blushed at her sudden question.
"I - well - that is - yes," he admitted sullenly. "You always stood out so much, it was hard not to notice you. It's not everyday you get to see such a beautiful woman wandering around." He tried to rationalize it, hoping that he didn't seem too strange. He wanted to ask if she had noticed him before this day, but he couldn't get the words to come out. He was too afraid of what the anwer might be. After all, he was just a book worm. He was mediocre in the practice fields at best.

Lainis could hardly believe the news. Those two had definate guts. She began to giggle, which turned into a roaring laugh. How funny to see that such a simple and natural thing could cause such a stir. Once she had herself under control again, she turned her head to Eckart. Wiping tears from her eyes, she chuckled once again.
"It's as if they'd never seen a boy and a girl together. Really, all this fuss because two people held hands." She laughed agian.

She took her time eating, almost enjoying the stares they were getting. It was fun to throw the boys so. They obviously had no idea what to think. She leaned in closer to Eckart, and whispered for his ears alone,
"Hey, you wanna confuse these poor boys some more?" She gave him a conspiratorial wink.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Tula flushed nervously even shaking as she fund herself sitting at the bench they had sat only just that morning looking up into his handsome face. “I thought so. You've always been so different its been hard not to notice. But I was afraid anyone I talked to would only turn against me.” because everyone she talked to had turned against her it was only this magical day that things just mystically turned around. As if Eckart's return to her life granted all her hopes and dreams. But the nervous squire smiled shakily and tugged on his hand so he could sit beside her. “Whatever happens, it will work, no matter what happens we'll find a way.” Friends, or even more than that, she knew they had to try and someday they would be together again.

Eckart's eyes gleamed mischievously as he reached over the table and took her hand “Oh do I. I can;t imagine anything better than to turn these nosy gossiping chickens on their heads' his knight-master would be so proud of him. Sir Cannis was already having quite the laugh over how everyone seemed to be learning about Tula and Faelon now this would push the man right into a fit of laughter. Eckart was sure of it.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Faelon let himself be pulled down onto their bench. He leaned back luxoriously, suddenly feeling very relaxed.
"Of course we will, dear," he said happily. "No matter what." There was something about this garden that gave him courage. He flung his arm around Tula's shoulder, and pulled her closer.
"But let's not think about that now. After all, your knight just got back. I doubt she'd be called away again so soon."

This was so nice, just sitting there like that. He looked up into the sky with a smile. The sun was beginning to sink in the sky, causing brilliant shades of purple and red to dance across the horizon.
"Well, we should be heading to sword practice soon."
He wondered silently if Lainis and Eckart would show up. They had every reason to miss it, but they were both so stubborn that he doubted they would.

Lainis smiled in anticipation. It had been a while since she had had this much fun. After the pair finished eating, they stood up and disposed of thier trays. In a very obvious manner, she took hold of Eckart's hand. She even went so far as to wrap herself around one of his massive forearms. The dinning hall went nearly silent.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:29 pm

“Yes I've gone one more class before hand and then one more afterward I've got to head off now so why don't you go practice and I should be there shortly.” grinned Tula happy at his sudden courage and relaxation here. It really was their special place. They could be whoever they wanted in between classes and forget about everyone else. Leaning over quietly she kisses his cheek gently. “I've got to go whispering reluctantly and stood up from the bench. “I'll see you soon.” a dreamy smile taking its place as they said goodbye and she eventually left him there to get to her classes.

With a knight-master and her new friend things seemed like they couldn't go wrong. They could of course go wrong and probably would for the four of them. But as she flitted through the shadows to a classroom she couldn't stop smiling. The class was full and she snagged a seat just in time thinking about Faelon and when she would see him next.

Eckart could barely keep himself from giggling as she uncharacteristic draped herself over him and he leaned over quite naturally and gently kissed her forehead to turn and make their way to the practice fields to warm up before class started for them. This couldn't have been anymore fun and the moment no one seemed to be around anymore as they wound through the halls he giggled quietly.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Faelon watched her leave with a smile. He could hardly believe the great luck he had had today. He sat there for a while, simply enjoying the moment. After a while though, he stood up and sighed. It was still a little ways till his sword class, and he still needed to warm up. Besides, he could use a little extra practice. He began walking towards the fields, his long legs carrying him quickly. He couldn't help it; he began whistling on his way there.

Lainis laughed along with Eckart as they wandered down the hall. She slowly unwrapped herself from his arm, and gave him a light punch in the shoulder.
"That was great!" she said, still laughing. "Did you see thier faces? They had no idea what to think!" The two were the first to arrive on the field, so they had a little time to warm up. Lainis began to stretch and work out the kinks in her muscles.

"What do you think?" she asked, "you feel like sparing a bit?" She didn't want a full out match like they had had when they first met, but she wouldn't mind warming up a bit. Her sore muscles ached as she picked up a practice sword, but she had schooled herself long ago to ignore them.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Eckart reached up and rubbed the spot where she'd punched him and chuckled again. “That was perfect really good It was so hard not to laugh the whole time.” it was fun and he was secure enough not to be immature about the matter. Grinning and looking at Lanis as she got a practice sword ad he bent to get one himself despite his body asking him not too. He was sore and knew she had to be but there was no time for rest now.

“Sure. Need to her warmed up again. I don't think we'll be seeing the three others here.” he herd a merry whistle though from not so far off and turned his eyes to see Faelon coming up to the field and wandered over to a fence and leaned against it watching him walk “Well look at you. Did you find a knight master or inherit a lot of money either way I've never seen any one so happy.” and smirked s he turned to the field walking out to start sparring and waiting for his answer.

OF course he was sure it was Tula that put a smile on his face. As her only male relaitve here and closest relitive period he had to watch out for her. So even though he liked and trusted the boy so far he was going to keep his eyes on him. Not only to keep him from trouble but to make sure he was going to be good to Tula. She didn't have anyone else.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 pm

Faelon didn't enjoy the other boy's teasing, but even that couldn't wipe the smile from his face.
"Nope. No knight-master yet. And I'm just as poor as ever. I found something better than all that, I think." He didn't know that Eckart knew about 'them', so that was all he planned to say.
"It looks like someone's waiting on the field. If you make her wait too long, she just might decide to find a better sparing partner." He said it in a jolly way, so as not to cause offense. After all, this was Tula's cousin. It was important that, if nothing else, they got along alright.

He had been watching Lainis and Eckart's interaction with interest. He couldn't quiet figure them out. Although they got along better than anyone - other than Tula and himself, of course - he couldn't figure out thier relationship. Sometimes they acted like siblings, and sometimes there seemed to be something else. He would have to keep an eye on them, and see how things went.

Lainis watched the two boy's chat with an air of patience. Although she usualy would have been yelling at him to hurry, it was kind of nice to watch him. Judging from what he had told her earlier - that Tula and Faelon liked eachother - he was probably interogating the poor boy. It was sweet how much he cared for his cousin. Luck girl, she thought. She get's a wonderful cousin and a great man. While she was slightly jealous, she didn't expect that kind of stuff for herself. Once she got her shield, she planned on going off to do great things, just like Lady Azenin. There was no room in her life for a man. She glanced over at Eckart and sighed. It would have been nice, though.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Eckart had no idea what was going on. He was a short ugly boy who was too something attract women so he didn't even see the possibility of a focused driven interesting person like Lanis would have feelings, much less feelings for him. She would never see him that was. His only real hope for a relation ship was when he had gotten himself a shield and had a name for himself. It just wasn't possible other wise. Not that he was upset about it. No, he just didn't see it happening and hadn't a clue what was going on in the minds of Faelon and Lanis as they watched him make his way to practice.

Warming up face to face and throwing lazily a few strikes at the girl he stood opposite watching her eyes intently. There was something there churning in her mind. “What is it?' he wasn't accusing her of anything simply curious. Not that she would tell him. “Your thinking about something?” smiling a playful smirk as he watched and countered her actions.

He wanted to look at Faelon to see if he was still watching. If he noticed something from his vantage point that he didn't. But he didn't dare look away from his opponent. His brown eyes locked with hers as they fought.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Lainis was finding it difficult to concentrate on her match. She was able to easily deflect his half-hearted attacks. His question caught her slightly off guard.
"Just thinking," she said lamely. There was no way she could tell him what her thoughts had been at that moment. If she had given up earlier, if she had decided to live a simple quiet life. . . maybe she could have had a husband. It was a hard sacrifice to make. But then again, if she had not gone for her shield, she would have never met Eckart. And that would have been a tragedy as well.

She faked a counter, and went in with a thrust. Something went wrong however, and he deflected it with ease. His wooden blade snaked up to kiss her throat, and she was forced to hold up her hands in a yield.
"Looks like you win this time," she said sullenly. "Puts the score at one-to-one."

Faelon watched from the sidelines with interest. The two didn't take thier eyes off of eachother, but that was to be expected in such a match. Neither of them seemed to be at thier best right now. But that was also to be expected. It couldn't be easy to be so active right after the healings they had had.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Though clueless, he still knew she wasn't telling the whole truth and stepped away letting her go when she yielded. “Whatever it is its distracting you from your practice, you can't challenge that way so you may as well tell me what Is on your mind.” He wasn't trying to be a bother he was concerned for her. Really concerned. Though even he had to admit he wouldn't have bugged Tula this much. But Tula was completely different than Lanis.

If she stepped away he would walk after her moving closer so she wouldn't have to be very loud abut whatever it was. Hoping that she would trust him. “What is it?” he sighed a small frown pulling at his face. The others would arrive soon and the field was filling up.

The class took a little longer and each moment the teacher droned on she tried to find her patience. At least it was more than just her needing to run off to sword practice. She sighed very softly she tried to focus on the lesson but being nearly late and going to see Faelon again kept her mind from truly being able to be as clear as it usually was.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:18 pm

Lainis didn't know what to do. She tried to back away from him, but he followed her. She didn't want to lie to him, but how could she possibly tell him the truth? Her hands clenched into fists, but she knew there was only one thing she could honerably do. She gave a resigned sigh.
"I'm just contemplating the consequences of my decisions," she said vaugely. "I don't regret anything. I still want nothing more then to be a great Lady Knight. But. . . " she paused, unsure of how to continue. "I just wish that I didn't have to sacrafice so much to get that."

She looked up into his eyes. If it had been any other person, she might worry that they would laugh. But she trusted Eckart more than that. She kept looking up at him though. She wanted to gauge his response. She just had to hope that he wasn't able to read her hidden message in there. It would only hurt both of them if she was forced to push him away.

Faelon was beginning to get impatient. It was fun to watch the pairings that were beginning to appear in the field. His eyes scanned the line of people comming out of the caslte. So far, Tula was yet to be seen. Shouldn't her class be over soon?
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:33 pm

He nodded seeing nothing hidden in that he;d heard that many times. “You may not have to sacrifice everything. You just can't have it in the same ways. That's all.” family, and normalcy were things they were all giving up to be knights but with a little work and patience they could have that just as well as anyone. But the was assuming she wasn't talking about something more personal than she was. “We're young there's plenty of time for all of that. I wish you didn't have to work so hard either. It isn't fair. Come on, try to forget it we can worry about that after classes.” he offered a small smile and patted her shoulder.

Tula meanwhile was running as fast as she could to try and make the class on time. She;d dropped her books off and just as the last were arriving she managed to make it to Faelon just in time panting for breath “the teacher took long.” she panted almost doubled over from sprinting so far and looking you at him. Hoping she wouldn't be dragged off to something for another moment or so.

The instructor though looked as if he were about to start giving her very little time to straighten up then go get a practice sword.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Lainis smiled and shook her head. It really was a good thing that he was so trusting. He honestly had no idea. But his words did comfort her a bit.
"Perhaps. It would be hard though. A knight has to travel constantly." She thought back to the rule book. Wasn't there something that said once a knight obtained thier shield, they could choose thier partners? She just couldn't remember. It was very frusterating. Perhaps she could look it up later.

"Anyway, we should probably line up now. The instructor's looking a bit sore." As the squires and pages lined up, Lainis noticed with a smile that indeed her three attackers had not shown up. That meant that either their Knight-masters had not found it worth it to provide a healing, or they were just too lazy to show up. Either way, it was pretty satisfying.

Faelon took Tula by the hand and lead her to the line.
"Don't worry about it," he said, giving her a light kiss on the forehead. "You can't help what you're teacher does. Sorry you don't get much rest." He dropped her hand when they got into the line. It may not matter what the other squires thought, but it was very important that the instructors didn't begin descriminating against them. Something like that could ruin a person's chances at the shield. While he didn't think they would care that two people were getting together, it was not a good idea to flaunt it when they should be focusing on training.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:57 pm

It was so hard to balance everything when the instructors seemed to act independently of each other. With tests and running late and all that sort of thing it made life very difficult for Tula who seemed to have got a rotten string of luck with professors and instructors who thought themselves very important. After a brutal training session Tula said a quick goodbye to Faelon and little rally ran off again to another class. Sweating, tired, and sore she headed off to another class and after that she had to see her knight and after that hoped to meet Faelon again before getting a few hours of sleep before doing it ll over again. Tula was praying for a free day to rest and catch up some how. She didn't even have the chance to see if Lanis challenged anyone. But with the tree main attackers out still she figured that Lanis would wait until the next day. She meanwhile had another hour or so of lecture of history and other things she should know.

Eckart happily stayed extra even though his body was screaming at him to stop and they had a punishment to carry out. It see,d the boy wanted to appear invincible though he was in a lot of pain already. Didn't seem to matter ad he figured he;d just get over it on the morrow what ever pain that lasted from this. Plenty of the others looked tiered and in pain. If he could make them and the instructors thing he was far more tough than all the better for him. After the lesson though he went to inform his new friend they had an appointment with the armor before she saw her knight master.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Lainis fell her last opponent as quickly as she could. The boy was younger than her, and slow. After a couple of hours of practicing though, it took her longer to beet him than she would have liked. She pressed the tip of her weapon to the boy's gasping throat, and smiled as he yielded. Her whole body was covered in sweat, and she was finding it difficult to breath. When Eckart came over to remind her of thier last duty, she seriously considered shooting the messanger. She knew he was just trying to be helpful though, and she began walking with him towards the armory.

She had seen Tula run off to one of her last night classes, so she couldn't complain about a difficult schedule. She really admired the way that her roommate was able to balance everything. Although Lainis could tell it sometimes wore her out, the girl always seemed able to take anything.
She groaned as she worked out the many kinks that had formed in her muscles, especially her sword arm.
"Still looking foward to scrubbing all that metal?" she asked Eckart in a dry voice. She really wouldn't have minded the work under normal circumstances, but her body was just about at it's breaking point. She shook her head, refusing to give in to her physical 'needs'. Just remember, she thought to herself, this will be the worst it gets. Everyday will make you stronger, which will make the work easier. She tried to keep that train of thought as they entered the armory.

Faelon watched Tula run off again with a sad look on her face. It was really too bad that she was so busy; he had wanted to spend some more time with her. And after class, she would have to report to her knight master. He sighed. Perhaps he could wait in her room, just beside her sire's. That way he could be right there when they finished.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Not only was Eckart pleased to do the work and prove that he didn't really need rest at all which he hoped would intimidate the others, he was whistling a happy tune while he did the work hoping to encourage Lanis to carry on. They were in just as much pain as the other and if he could drag himself though this then She could. “I need to report as well after the report I can come by and umm, show you a few things that help me relax if you like.” he asked as they passed though the work in the armory.

It was odd, he liked spending time with her very much and found in her someone that could understand him better than many of the others here. Though he hoped some of them could be his friend as well. Though with the attitudes going around he realized he would probably be restricted. He didn;t mind being restricted the four of them were just fine for him and he liked this busy life he was settlign into here.

Tula hoped very very much to see him all she wanted to do was be normal for a few moments with him and relax someplace quiet and be alone. After another long class she pulled herself to her knight masters room and right now was very very pleased to have it so close to her own and knocked on the door with as strong as a knock as she could muster.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Azenin opened the door with a smile.
"I is glad to see yo' came on time," she said happily. "Please, come in an's we can talk abou' yo'r gear." She motioned towards a chair for Tula, and took one herself. Although she wanted to get to know the girl better, she decided that now was not the best time. Tula seemed to be distracted, so she got right to the point.

"Les see. Do yo' have a horse, ridin' gear, a good blade an' knife, an a pole arm o' some sort?"

Lainis couldn't help but smile as Eckart began to whistle. It helped her to keep her mind off of the grueling work she was doing. Once thier hour was up, the two stood up slowly. Lainis' leg had fallen asleep, and she winced as she tried to get the blood circulating again. A thought crossed her mind suddenly that made her very excited, and almost forgot about her pain.
She was about to meet her knight master.

"Please stop by my room after your done," she told Eckart with a smile.
"Right now - I get to meed Sir Talon!" She rushed off, very excited to meet this legendary shape-shifting knight that had agreed to train her.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:19 pm

Tula was embarrassed to say she really didn't have anything. She barely managed to buy her books and things for practice. Eck had grown up with his knight and between him and his family had been able to be outfitted and brake in everything he needed. She hated being reminded of her constant struggle. Reminding herself that this woman actually wanted to help her managed to make her feel better. That and going to find Faelon after this. He would be waiting, she just knew he would. It was exciting to think of.

“No I... I don't. I'm sorry.” she finally spoke up and looked down. “I was hoping you'd read m y letter I didn't want to bother you with such things but I really don't know what else to do about it where else to go and everything today has all been sudden and I don't know what to think.”

Eckart only laughed as she ran off and he slumped away dragging his warn corpse of a body o his own knight who more or less just heard about his day ad let the boy go off to rest. Eck decided to wait in his room after for Lanis and then go off and find her later giving her ample time to meet her knight.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Azenin just nodded and made some notes on her pad.
"Do no worry. I will provide all that yo' do no have. Now then," she crossed her legs and leaned back a bit. She didn't want to read the girl's letter right now, in front of her, but she also couldn't ignore the girl's plea for help.
"Yo' is 'aving boy trouble, no?"

It was not hard to guess what the letter was about. She had been spending most of the day with the magic boy - Faelon. Having experienced many things in her days, Azenin was prepared to answer any questions the girl might have.

Faelon sat alone in the girls' room, wondering just what those two were talking about next door. He sighed, deciding that it was none of his business, and turned his attention back to the book he had brought with him. He was studying ahead; looking up advanced spells that most in his class wern't ready for yet.

Lainis stopped just outside the knight's office, suddenly afraid. What if he didn't like her? What if he changed his mind about taking her on? She shook her head, and took a deep breath. Such thoughts didn't suit her, and she would not stand for them. So, with a positive attitude, she knocked on the door.

A tall man answered the door. He looked to be about in his fourties, and his blonde hair was beginning to whiten around his brow. His blue eyes seemed kind as he motioned her inside.
"You must be Lainis," he said with a smile. Lainis merely nodded, before she remembered her manners.
"Y-Yes sir." She said with a deep bow. "Squire Lainis, reporting for duty, sir."
The older man chuckled.
"No need for all the formality. We are not on the training field. Please, have a seat."

Lainis did as instructed. She was beginning to feel at ease around this fatherly man. He went through the basics, asking her what materials she had, and what she needed. She was set other than a horse. Her mother sent her a small allowence every week, and she had saved up to buy herself the best blades she could find. Seemingly content, her knight-master dismissed her.
"You have had a long day, I'm sure. We will have plenty of time to get to know each other. Just do me a favor, and try to stay out of fights. More paper work for me, you know." He winked at her, and shooed her out the door. She left with a smile on her face to go find Eckart.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Boy troubles, that was only part of it she didn't know why everything in the world had to be so hard. One simple thing was a horrible chore just to get anything at all done. But she explained her troubles with it. It was all so sudden and they would probably get separated and she didn't to dtsract from either of their studies. But it was nice to have him wish to be with her and try this new thing. But at the same time it would be hard like everything else but she followed her complaint with “It doesn't matter anyway. Its nothing. The downcast Tula looked at the floor under her feet.

Eckart though had a quick report then to his room by the time Lanis had gone to look for him. Reading in one of the massive waists of tike called books for classes he had the next day to try and catch up a little since the others were further ahead from his missing the first part of school.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:03 pm

Azenin leaned back in her chair as she thought.
"Well, if yo' be this concerned about it, then it canno be nothing." She looked the girl over.
"If yo' care for him, then yo' should try to keep in touch. True friendship canno be ended, despite hardships. I has friends that I met as a page. They is still my friends now. If yo' really want it, yo' can make it happen. And, judging by how that boy looks at yo', I doubt he would call it 'nothing'."
She waited for the girl to respond, hoping she had helped, even if it was just a little bit.

Faelon looked up as Lainis walked into the room. She looked around; probably checking to see if Eckart was there as well. With a brief wave, she left again, closing the door softly behind her. Faelon shrugged, and returned to his book.

Not finding Eckart waiting in her room, Lainis went next to check his own room. Sure enough, as she peeked her head around the door, she saw him. Surprisingly, he was reading a book. And a rather large one at that.
"Studying?" she asked lightly. She let herself into the room, and took a seat next to him on the bed.
"What subject? Maybe we could work together."
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:18 pm

The student nodded as she frowned a little trying to concentrate on the whole matter with Lanis and her knight saying that it was possible it just may be. But Tula did not like to waste time. Perhaps this interaction wasn't a waste after all. Just, not what she was used to or anything she expected here. She was too used to people hating her not someone who felt a lot different than that. Someone who could care much more than she hoped for. “Yes ma'am.' she nodded thank you.” Though she still looked quite in thought “Is there anything I can do for you ma'am.

Her eyes looking up at the wild exotic woman who'd claimed her. She felt so unworthy to stand there in front of her much less realize that the lady intended on helping her and trying to be a friend. Tula still wasn't used to friends. They were either enemies or not enemies but never friends.

Eckart was in fact attempting to study and when he heard her voice he lightly tossed the book aside to his desk as he sat on the bed he was given with a grumpy look on his tanned face “waste of time is what it is never mind all of that.” and crossed his arms over his chest grumbling about how their should be more fighting.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Azenin shook her head.
"I do think that be all for now. If yo' need anything though, yo' know where to find me." She stood up to escort her squire the few steps to the door.
"I do hope everyting works out for yo' and young mister Faelon. Yo' seem happiest when yo' is with him."

Lainis couldn't help but laugh as Eckart threw his book carelessly to the side.
"Now, what would your roommate think if he saw you do that?" she chuckled, then bit back a yawn. It was getting late, and it had been a long day. She wasn't ready to leave Eckart, though. She was almost afraid that this was all a dream, and if she woke up in the morning, it would all be gone. She didn't know if she would be able to stand loosing his friendship. They may have just met, but she could already feel herself relying on his kindness.

"Seriously though, don't let yourself get behind in your studies. I won't wait for you if they hold back your shield because of your accademics. Just imagine, retaking all four years. . ." She winked at him to show that she was teasing.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next