Chivalry (Veritas/Savvy)

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Chivalry (Veritas/Savvy)

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:52 pm

“Things don't just happen and magically work after a single day.” The mostly pessimistic Tula answered. “Its only been a day. Goodnight.” and slipped out the door hoping to find Faelon waiting for her as she pushed the door open. Surprisingly, or maybe unsurprisingly enough he was there reading a book and she cracked a smile again walking over ti sit on her bed. Not only was he there Lanis wasn't here and suspected she was spending time with her cousin. “I'm glad your here.” her smile still on her face as she reached for his hand.

She was tired, dirty and smelly and her bag of books still on her shoulder. But she wasn't alone and that was the important thing. She could hope that her pessimism was unfounded and perhaps they could make this work. “I missed you, during my class. I know its silly.” shaking her head as she reached up with her free hand and let her hair down. It was already messed up and stuck out at odd places. But as she released it it fell down just past her shoulders.

Eckart rolled his eyes at her comment and and shook her head. “I'm not getting held back it's a waste of time. I'll easily pass it.” wait for him? Hah. If there was a way to pass this early he was sure he would be able to “I can't imagine being stuck in one place for so long.” he grumbled “At least your here eh?” A sensible, strong reliable girl he had tons in common with who happened to give him a run for his money? Why in the light of the moon rising though the window and the candles lit on his desk to provide some light she even looked pretty. But he decided sharing that with her would earn him a black eye.
Veritas
A Footnote

http://wannabepoet.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:04 pm

Faelon smiled at her as she entered the room. He scooted over to make more room for her on the bed. He made sure however, to stay fairly close to her.
"I missed you too," he said, blushing slightly.
"It've never been so aware of someone's absence before. I'm glad you're here." He squeezed her hand as she took his. With his other hand, he reached up to stroke her just freed hair. It fell like silk around his rough fingers. It felt so different from what he was used to; it was nice.

"So, how was your day? I know you've been running about a lot." While he was sad that her busy schedule wouldn't allow much time for just the two of them, he was proud of her. It took a motivated squire to pack thier schedule so full. It wasn't easy to keep up with so many classes as well as physical training.

Lainis rolled her eyes at his first comment. Of course he would pass all of his classes easily. He was very confident, but from what she had seen, he had every right to be. His second comment made her blush slightly.
"It is nice to have someone around who gets you," she said with a smile. She nudged him playfuly.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Tula had to agree that she had never been so aware of someone before and nodded a the statement. His fingers gently touching her hair. It was only stopped long enough to take her bag off and slide it to her desk before scooting closer to him. His presence and just that he wanted to be around her was comforting. It was such a special and rare feeling that she ate it up as much as she could. Even placing her other hand on his knee gently staring into his eyes.

“It was just so big. Too many things happened. But they were good so I can't complain.” and smiled again “I'm not used to good things happened and I took so many things so I wouldn't have to think and be alone so much. Its not really anything special. But its all different. We'll find time though. I know we will.” With an encouraging smile at him.

He was surprised with there was a blush on her face, It was the first clue that her thoughts were more friendly than he imagined but didn't think much of it. It may have been his imagination. He nudged her back and slipped out of bed. “I told you I'd help you relax.” and moved to sit behind her and grabbed her sore muscles suddenly as he began to rub them. “he used to complain a lot, and when your knight complains you find ways of making him stop.”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Faelon nodded. They would most definatly find time for each other; that went without saying. She had very quickly became the most important person in his life. He wasn't about to give her up.
"I love being here with you, but it has been a long day. Let me know if you get tired." He smiled and put his arm around her shoulder in a half-hug.

"How did your meeting with your knight-master go?" he asked her softly. He was so happy that she had found someone, but he wanted to make sure that she was also happy. If this knight was mean to her in any way. . . he would have to talk to her.

Lainis watched him wearily as he switched possitions. All her suspicion vanished as soon as his hands touched her shoulders. She groaned in pleasure as he rubbed her sore muscles.
"You know," she said slowly, "This is the first time anyone's done something like this for me." She gasped as he hit an especially sensitive spot.
"Thank you. . ." She closed her eyes.
"I'd like to do you, as well. When you finish of course," she offered. It would be unfair for her to enjoy such rapture and not share.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:40 pm

“It was fine.” her heart slowly beating faster the closer that seemed to get. It was all perfectly innocent but with each passing moment they seemed to be drawing near. “She is helpful, I'm not used to helpful. How about you? Your day, I mean good?” it sounded silly but it was hard to think just now. What else was there to say?

It wasn't what Lanis spoke but rather how she said it that started to make him a little bit embarrassed and aware of himself. But he didn't mind making her happy. Especially with such apparent pleasure as a result. “With how hard today was you deserve it don't worry about me.” he smirked and leaned into his motions. “Its nice to do something for you. I enjoy making you happy.” it was the truth but he blushed anyway. Just the way he said it made him feel so stupid. He stumbled over his words trying to say the right thing.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:09 pm

"It was good." He shrugged. "Not much happened while I was away from you." He smiled and gave her a small squeeze.
"I'm glad you're getting along with Lady Azenin. It's important to have friends."

Lainis smiled with pleasure as Eckart applied more pressure in her massage. She heard something strange in his voice, and turned her head to look at him. To her surprise, his face seemed to be a shade redder than normal.
"Is everything okay?" she asked him. She wanted to make sure he wasn't straining himself to make her feel better. She didn't even consider the fact that he might be blushing. It seemed out of character. Plus, she never thought of herself as attractive. There was no way anyone would blush over her.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Eckart squeaked out a yes and cleared his throat looking down at his hands as if they were the most interesting things in the world “Yes.. I'm.. its good. Your, we're good. Fine even.” and cleared his throat again.”I just its... different that's all wanting to make someone else happy just to see them happy and.. hear them be happy.” he was a physical guy physical things put in into perspective. Rubbing her shoulders and the physical closeness helped him to understand the closeness they shared as sudden friends. The closeness Tula and Faelon shared as more than friends. It had suddenly hit the boy as a ton of brinks and embarrassed the hell out of him that here he was alone in his room massaging a wonderful person who wanted to reciprocate the closeness to him.

“Do you ever get tired of being strong all the time? Having to always be on guard and suspicious?” not that he was being accusatory. He felt tired of always having to 'be a man' and buck things up. He could only imagine how she felt about it and maybe offer a sort of safe place for her and in turn he trust in that sort of safe place for himself as well.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:15 pm

Lainis wasn't sure how to respond. No, this was important. She really wanted to share everything with him. She sighed, and leaned up against his chest, ending her massage abruptly. She closed her eyes briefly, then looked up at him.
"Yes, it's hard," she whispered hoarsly. "But, I have to be strong. If I'm not, they'll throw me out to the dogs. Until you and Tula. . . I couldn't really trust anyone."

She felt uncharactaristic tears coming up in her eyes, and she forced them back down. The last thing she wanted was to cry to him. Even if she wanted to be honest with him. She hadn't really realized how much the pressure had built up in her until she began talking about it.
"You must feel that way too, right?" She was hoping that she was not the only one who needed to open up.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:00 am

Comforting someone with those problems he was more familiar with. He was with Tula a number of times about the subject and wrapped his arms around her from behind as she leaned against him. “I do too. No matter how strong or brave anyone is they all feel the same as you that's how I know to ask. You never have to be strong with me” and in return he hoped for the same thing.

It was comforting to be with her this way. It wasn't as if Sir Cannis liked to cuddle or that his cousin really could be like this with him and it was nice. Just to lay here and not have to be anything in particular. Top look at her face and feel real feelings without pretending there wasn't anything there to keep up an appearance. He wandered how he'd earned this so quickly.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:42 am

Lainis sighed. It felt so good to be here like this; to be accepted so fully and unconditionally.
"And," she said quietly, "If you need anyone, I'm here for you. You don't need to pretend around me, either." She wasn't really sure how to respond to being held like this. She ignored the part of her that wanted to push him away, that wanted to prove that she didn't need anyone. Because she did need someone, and Eckart was quickly becoming that person. She felt so secure wrapped up in his large arms. For the first time in a long time, she was able to relax.

Faelon and Tula sat in relative silence. It was getting late, and Faelon was beginning to loose his head to sleepiness. He gave her a small kiss on the forehead, wondering how she would take it.

"I should probably go back to my room soon," he whispered into her ear. "We both have to get up for early classes, after all." He hated to leave her, but he had a responsibility to himself and to her to make sure that they got enough sleep. Thier lives were difficult enough without adding fatige to them.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:21 pm

He noticed how small she really was holding her there. Though a little nervous at the intimacy at the moment. How strong she's had to be all alone all this time. How strong any of the women here had to be just to stay and gave her a small hug comfortably holding her in his strong arms. He admired there equality. She didn't think of him as over her, or brutish, or ugly. Just himself as he equally depended to her for there friendship. This relationship built on respect and trust as all good relationships were. They accepted each other as they were fully and without condition as equals. He'd not seen this in even his parents. Perhaps in the interactions between his sire knight and other knighted women the few and far between he'd seen with his own eyes in the long years of service he'd given. But now, at last he had a partner and wasn't alone. This thing whatever it was was special and he didn't want to let her go.

“I know its a lot to assume. But if its alright I will make sure you are never alone if you'd like.” he whispered into her ear.

Looking at her breath moving her body on his as he sat there in the quiet with her and the candle light. It was almost romantic in a way. He wished now he was as brave as Faelon.

Tula frowned at the proposal but he was right. “I will see you tomorrow then. As often as possible.” she smiled softly and kissed his cheek. “You made today perfect you know.”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Faelon smiled, and shook his head.
"You stole my line, silly," he said as he returned the kiss. He hesitated, then turned his head slightly to peck her lips. He held his breath as he waited to see what her response would be. Where did all of this pluck come from? Just yesterday, he wouldn't have dared to do anything so bold. But today was today. He must be getting his courage from her.

Lainis stayed silent for a while. She didn't quiet know what to say. Her heart screamed "YES" at her, but she had stopped listening to it long ago. Despite how much she liked Eckart, it was a tough decision to make. If she said yes, she would be giving her self to him fully. Perhaps not in a romantic way - she still couldn't imagine him being stupid enough to like her that way - but he would still have the sole power to protect or break her heart. She had to ask herself how much she trusted this person that she had only met earlier that day.

"I'd like that a lot," she finally whispered. "And in return," she twisted in his hold to look at him. His arms shifted to allow her to move, but he didn't let go. "You will never be alone either. This I swear." She blushed, and prayed that it was too shadowy in the room for him to notice.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Tula grinned brightly and pecked his lips back for a second kiss . Though happy clearly flushing assuming that she wasn't the only one who had never done this before she wished he didn't have to go. But they both had early days tomorrow. Early and long and had to get some sleep. Though even when he left she would have a heard time sleeping thinking of her day.

It was to shadowy to see and he was glad because he was suddenly quite nervous. There was a strange tension in the air as they looked at each other. So very close and he wondered at it. What this whole thing was that made do and say things he would have never thought to otherwise.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Lainis cleared her throat, and put her hands on Eckart's chest to gently push him away. She stood up, suddenly unsure of what she was doing. She had to focus on her shield. It was great that she had someone she could rely on now, but that was all it could be. She didn't have time for. . . whatever these feelings were that were flying around in her chest.

"I should probably go soon," she whispered. "We both have classes tomorrow. . ." It was too dark to see his face properly. That made it hard to figure out what he was thinking. She turned towards the door. She walked slowly, almost hoping that he would stop her.

Faelon gave her one last kiss, holding this one a bit longer. He pulled away, regret dripping from his voice.
"I really should let you get to bed. I'll see you first thing in the morning. I'll walk you to your morning class, okay?" He smiled, and ruffled her hair playfully.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:10 pm

As she turned to walk away he caught her by the arm feeling as if her push had been a slap on his face. “Lanis?' he frowned. “What did I do wrong?' he wasn't speaking in his usual self assured manner. He was notably frightened actually. Unsure,this wasn't something he did and the way she was acting it had been ok until a second ago. She was level headed, an equal. Then why did she jump away from him like that confused and hurt him.

Tula smiled and gave him one last hug. “I know” she sighed. “I don”t want t but I know. I'll see you tomorrow morning and in between classes and after classes again.” she pulled away to look at his face. “We have four years to figure this out. That's a long time.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Faelon smiled, and stroked her cheek gently. With one last good bye he left, closing the door softly behind him. He began to whistle as he walked back to his new room. It truly had been a magnificent day.

Lainis looked up at Eckart with tears in her eyes. The pain in his voice was noticeable, and unmasked. She hadn't meant for that. She sighed, and leaned forward onto his chest once again. The reestablished closeness renewed her confidence and allowed her to speak. As long as she did not look into his eyes.
"I just don't know what's going on anymore," she whispered into his shirt.
"Everything was so simple and now. . . it;s not. I'm not used to things like this. It's potentially distracting. I love your company, but I can't get too close to you. There would be. . . problems. Please."

The last word came out in a strangled voice. It was hard to admit that she was afraid. She knew she could trust him, but that didn't make it any easier to break years of habit. Besides, she absolutely had to make sure that she didn't get too close to any of the boys. Especially if she liked them as much as she did Eckart. Her mother had made clear that romance was not an option in her life. She was to honor her families name and make her father look good, even in his death. There was no room for mistakes.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Eckart grabbed her shoulders gently and pulled her closer. “You can have anything you want, if you want me to go away I think that would be a big mistake but I'll honor your wishes.” he sighed a breaking occurring in his usually strong confident voice. “We can still be partners, if we try this, you and me and it doesn't work you know we tried. We have four years. You can still have romance, friendship even with keeping your family honor it is your life and I don't think you'll find anyone who understands and supports your calling like I do but its your decision I won't bother you again.” he let her go and turned away back into his room with a rather heart broken expression crossing his arms over his chest.

It just wasn't fair the ideas people put into her head. It wasn't supposed to be all this serious either. Four years of schooling, but even so he did;t like for his options to be taken away from him. Not when whatever this was felt so good for the brief moments they were allowed to share it.

Tula undressed and slid into bed beaming and excited about the next day. Which was probably the first time since she got here that she was so excited for school and her life. Things were finally happy and she couldn't wait to share the excitement with everyone she met.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Lainis stood there silently in the shadowed room for a moment. His words - straight from the heart - had pierced hers. Her mind raced as she struggled to know what to say. What to do. Finally she walked up to him. Tenetavely, she took hold of his hand.
"I think you're right. There's no way I could find anyone who could support and understand me like you can. And there's no way that I'd ever ask you to leave." She coughed, embarrassed. "A-anyway, we let this conversation get way too serious." She said with a hoarse laugh. Her head snapped towards the doorway as she heard the handle jiggle.

Faelon reached his new room fairly quickly. Both his good mood and his long legs had shortened the journey. He didn't bother to knock, since it was now his room too. As he opened the door however, he wished that he had have.

Eckart and Lainis stood in the middle of the dark room, holding hands. Both of his friends looked surprisingly serious. He had the feeling that he had interrupted something.
"Um. . . sorry," he mumbled, "I'll uh, I'll just leave you guys alone."
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Eckart coughed nervously as his heart quickly slowed down from his frantic pace. “No,” he wasn't sure what to make of her statement. “Its ok, I'll walk you to your room Lanis and I'll be back.” letting go of one of her hands to start to the door where Faelon now stood. He didn't even look at him too centered in his own thoughts. Maybe he gave her some hope that they had a chance but it wouldn't be easy. Something so hard and heavy for someone so young. It just didn't seem fair but it seemed like now he had a chance.

So he moved out into the fall still holding onto her hand waiting to see if she would let go or push him away again. She shouldn't have to do all this alone. “So.. what do you think, willing to try?”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:10 pm

Lainis allowed herself to be led out of the room. Her heart was still racing in her chest, and her mind was reeling. When he asked his question though, she had to pull her thoughts together. It took her mind a minute to comprehend what he had asked her. Finally, she nodded.
"I-I think it would be well worth the time to try," she said softly. "It's not like we're unused to overcoming adversities." She smiled, hoping to ease the mood a little bit. Her mom would be angry of course, if she ever found out. But that didn't matter right now. As long as she didn't let. . . whatever this was. . . distract her from her shield, there was no reason for her to give him up.

She shifted her hand in his slightly, and nudged him a little. Who knew? It might even be fun. After all, before she had met Eckart she had concentrated fully on training. It made for an efficient lifestyle, but not a very pleasant one. Maybe this way, she could have both.

Faelon couldn't help but smile as the two walked out. It would be nice if Lainis and Eckart were there to support each other. He quickly dressed for bed, but he didn't try to sleep yet. He didn't know if Eckart would want to talk when he got back, but he wanted to be there for him if he did.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:18 pm

He almost fell over with relief when she agreed to give it a try. He wasn't going to dream of getting in the way of her shield. Though her mother that he couldn't help at all may be in time they would prove it could work, either way, it was her life. She could do with it as she pleased and that would most defiantly be that.

It had been the oddest day, the most wonderful. As they got to her bedroom door he did venture to give her a hug, pulling her against his body “Then you won't mind getting up early for more training. You need to keep it up for your challenge” they both hurt like hell but he was going to prove to her he was there to help her get the shield not keep her from it.

With a small smile he looked down at her as he hugged her waiting for her to say something. Eck planned on taking things slowly. No need to rush after all, they had time.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Lainis couldn't help but groan as he mentioned early morning training. It was good, though. She usually got up early to train anyway. She was ashamed to admit though, she had been thinking of skipping. Between her soreness and the punishment. . . but no. She needed to work hard now more than ever. That way, she could prove to her mother that she was capable of pursuing friendship. . . and love. . . and her shield. She was a little taken aback as he enveloped her in warmness. She smiled though, and wrapped her arms around him as well. Her arms didn't quite make it all the way around his broad back.

She laughed into his shirt.
"I'm far too short," she said lightly.
It was hard to be so little, but she had gotten used to it. And it was kind of fun to make fun of herself. And it was always fun to see her opponents' faces when she beat them so easily. It was especially fun if the opponent was much bigger than her.

She let him go, and stood back a little.
"Thanks for walking me to my room. I guess I'll see you bright and early in the morning. What kind of training did you have in mind? Sword, or tilting, or. . ." she trailed off, waiting to see what he proposed.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6