Chivalry (Veritas/Savvy)

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Chivalry (Veritas/Savvy)

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:53 pm

Faelon stroked her face, drying the tears from her cheeks.
"I think you have the wrong idea about what strong is. Crying doesn't make you weak. Being weak is when you dislike something enough that it makes you cry, but you don't do anything about it. That's not you. You didn't let others define you. You are the strongest person I know."
He was beginning to run out of things to say. He was unused to consoling women. All he could do was keep supporting her, and hope that he wasn't just making things worse.

He patted her shoulder awkwardly.
"If you still don't think you can do it, then just do something for me. Hold out until the end of the year. If you don't have a sire by then, then you can go. Beg your mother for forgivness, marry some rich bastard, do whatever you want. But I think you'll change your mind. I'm sure you will get a knight-master, and I know that you're strong enough to face these adversities. So will you do it? Will you wait until the end of the year to make your decision?"

Lainis giggled at the mental image of Eckart trying to paint. He looked very awkward and frustrated in her mind.
"No," she chuckled, "I think you made the right career move. And this way, you got to meet me." She gave him a light punch on the shoulder to show that she was joking. They were beginning to get close to her room; she could see it at the end of the hall.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:12 pm

Tula nodded and turned away so she could whimper and try to get over herself in realitve peace and silence. So by the time anyone else had seen her they may not be able to tell she'd been crying that was the last thing she needed. “I didn't want to marry some rich bastard. I fooled myself into thinking that I could be a knight and somehow someone would love me for who I was. But that's silly everyone here beats me up for who I am. That wasn't the first or last fight. Its so silly and girly to think that way I know I ought not to think or even wonder about that. I don't know, its stupid. I know I shouldn't read so many books or think that I could ever have anything I desire.”

She sighed again and continued to clean up again. “I'll try. I'll try and we'll see I guess.” she grumbled finally submitting to finishing out the year. “Maybe on holiday My aunt and uncle will let me come home with Eckart.”

Eckart gently tapped her behind knowing she couldn't properly hit him for it and chuckled again. “You go that right. I thought Tula was the most stubborn girl I'd ever met but your certainly proving that wrong.” Chuckling and being his usual joking it self.
Veritas
A Footnote

http://wannabepoet.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Faelon ran his hand through his hair, casuing it to untagle a bit from the ponytail he had it in. There were so many things he wanted to say, especially on her belief that on one here would ever love her for who she is. But he had only just met her. He didn't want to make thier relationship awkward. At least he had bought her a little time. He was sure that by the time the year ended, he would be able to convince her that she was strong.

Lainis had to laugh at his comment. She winced slightly as her broken ribs protested.
"Ah, don't make me laugh," she said lightly. "And besides, I'm not that stuburn." While saying that, she put a very pouty face on that only made her comment seem that much more the lie.
"Anyway, here we are."

The two entered the room to find a strangely silent atmosphere greeting them. Faelon and Tula were standing in the middle of the room, but they were not looking at each other. Tula looked upset while Faelon simply looked. . . frustrated. He jumped into action as soon as the two entered the room however.
His eyebrows knitted together in silent anger as he was able to see thier injuries up close for the first time.
"I want both of you to lie down right now. You two look horrible. I don't even know who to work on first." As he began preparing for the healing, he put a gentle hand on Tula's arm.
"We can finish this later, okay?" he asked kindly.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:55 pm

“I'm fine.” grumbled Eckart as he made his way over to Tula and put an arm around her shoulders, After Faelon had walked away. Tula shook him off and darted out the door in a huff leaving a rather confused Eckart who simply sat on her bed as he was told to by his new apparent physician and lied down It wasn't until he rested that he was about to tell how hurt he was and groaned loudly. “That hurt.” and chuckled again reaching up to hold his side. “Oh boy that hurt.”

Of course walking away upset without her friends was probably a very very bad idea but it wasn't as if she were thinking correctly at the moment. She decided to grab a very quick meal off to the side and alone as she usually did before hurrying to the archery targets and simply firing away at a bulls eye hoping the simple action and practice would help clear her mind as stubborn tears fell down her face.

Even upset she had amazing accuracy. Which was due to many hours of practice and study. She actually liked archery. Because she was able to get a birds eye view on her problems and though focus able to make them seemingly disappear with each well placed shot.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Faelon stared helplessly after the girl as she ran out of the room. Every inch of his body longed to run after her and consul her, but he had other duties to attend to at the moment. Besides, he apparently was not very good at making her feel better. With a sigh, he got to work. Lainis seemed to be the worst off, since she wasn't even to walk by herself. He took her head between his hands.
"Have you ever had a healing before?" he asked her in a deep, soothing voice. She shook her head, clearly nervous.
"Alright. This will be a little scary for you, then. It will hurt worse for a moment. Be prepared for that." He took a deep breath, and reached inside himself for his Power. There it was; a small ball of warmth in the back of his mind. He reached out for it, letting it flow through him. One of the most important things to learn about magic was that you did not control it; you simply aimed and molded it.

Lainis' eyes widened as the boy beside her began to glow a brilliant blue. For a brief second, she considered just letting herself heal naturaly. Only the determination not to miss weeks of practice kept her mouth clamped shut. Then it hit her. It was like being dipped into icewater and then set on fire. Her back arched, and her body convulsed. Her arms swung wildly by her side, and it was all she could do to keep from screaming. Then it was over. Just as quickly as it had begun, the pain stopped. It turned instead into a dull acheing, but even that was beginning to fade. The whole thing had lasted less than five seconds, but it had worn her out completly. She lay on the bed gasping. She felt more tired than she had after hours of exercise.

"You'll need to rest for a little bit. A lot of the energy from healing is taken directly from your body; just accelerating it. So it makes sense for you to be tired."
He turned to Eckart next.
"Are you ready?"
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Going to dinner, will be back soon))

Eckart had seen a healing once though he'd never had one so he was familiar with them and knew what he was in for. As Faelon came over to him he looked up into his eyes. “You fancy her don't you?” He wasn't being cheeky, he was being serious there was something in his eyes as he watched her run away that he saw and wanted to be sure if the boy was aware of it or not. After all he was all Tula had really. Even if he didn't know she had been disowned.

“I'm ready.” his hands reached down and gripped the side of the bed. And he was grateful that he hadn't been hurt nearly as bad as she had.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:37 pm

((okay. x3 ))

Faelon was a bit taken aback by Eckart's blunt comment.
"She's very special," was his only response. He reached in once again for the Power, and proceded to heal Eckart. Since he was more prepared, he took the healing slightly better than Lainis. He tensed up, straining to keep from flailing about as she had done. The effort caused the veins in his neck and arms to stand out like tatoos. When it was over, Faelon took a step back. He was a bit out of breath; healing took a lot out of both sides.

"I need to head to mid-meal, now," he said in an appologetic tone. "I promise I'll bring you both something to eat. I'm sure you'll need it." With that, he hurried out of the room. He was hoping to be able to meet up with Tula in the dinning hall.

Faelon had been rigth; Lainis was famished. She wasn't sure the best way to handle her current situation. She hated to disobey Faelon, since he was both her friend and her healer. But she didn't want to waste time laying in bed all day either. She decided to pass the time by talking some more. She turned her head to look over at Eckart, who was still trying to catch his breath from the healing.
"What was it like? When you first met your knight-master?"
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Tula had managed to slip out of the dining hall as he was coming in darting off toward the targets for archery practice. She hadn't seen Faelon and couldn't imagine he;d come for her after she'd ran away like that. It wasn't as if she meant to she just couldn't stand it any more and needed to feel sorry for herself and be alone. She couldn't get too close because she just knew he couldn't mean those things he'd said. He had no reason to say them and he was simply being nice was all.

Eckart slowly relaxed and rested his arms at his side as Faelon left. Sure enough it was able to tell him just what he'd hurt as well as slowly make all the pain go away. His breathing slowed steadily and he let out a weak chuckle. “Faelon has a crush on Tula.' before turning his head to look at Lanis with a very tierd expression.

“Well..” his knight master hmm. “I was just his stable boy at first. I took care of his horses so I was only six at the time. He was so big and strong he scared the life out of me.” and smiled fondly at the memory. “I thought that this man was a hero, a big hero. He is too. He's just a real big trouble make mostly.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Lainis sat up with a grunt, and looked over at Eckart.
"Wait, what? Are you sure?" She hadn't known either of the two for long, but it would be great if they got together. They would both need someone to support them. She had orriginaly asked about his knight-master, but now she was far more curious about the strange couple. She smiled fondly however, at the thought of a little Eckart mucking the stables, terrified of the huge hero that he worked for.

Faelon looked all over the dinning hall twice, hoping that he had simply over looked her. His second search gave no results however, and he finaly gave up and gathered his food. He made sure to get two orders put on a tray to take to the two that were resting up in Tula's room. He ate quickly, and left the dinning hall. He was torn between searching for Tula and delivering the food. Finally, he decided that it would not hurt them if thier rolls got a bit cold.

He wandered around the halls, unsure of where to look for her. He checked the training field, the garden, the library (where he was scolding for bringing in the food), and everyother place he could think of. At last, he remembered something that Lainis had said. Tula liked archery, right? Perhaps she retreated to the target field in the same way that he hid amoung his books. Sure enough, there she was. Her hair was slicked back with sweat, and her captivating eyes were focused on the target. She had stripped to just pants and an undershirt, which accented her tall, lean body nicely. Her wirey muscles rippled under her skin as she drew back the bow. He blushed at the sight. He stood there watching her for a while, unsure if he should reveal his presence. Finally he sighed, and turned to leave. She would talk to him when she was ready.

((Would you mind pming me a physical description of your characters? It would help me to have a single resource to turn to, rather than flipping back through previous posts.))
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:19 pm

“Why do you think I made her o to him for help. I'm her cousin shes going to need more than just me. I can't comfort her like he wants to. You can see it in his face, I'm a guy I would know.” he closed his eyes and faced his head to the ceiling. “Lay down and get some sleep when we wake up we'll go find Faelon and make him give us a straight answer.” and yawned a deep echoing yawn that rumbled around in his chest. “Just watch him when he's with her or better yet think about how he looked when we came in and she left.”

She heard him sigh, she had exceptional hearing. “Where are you going? “ her voice little more than a grunt tear stains on her face as she continued to fire off arrows never looking away from the target. “You came looking for me you may as well stay.” she didn't see or smell the food and really it was very nice to have him come and look for her. Eckart was probably sleeping or up with Lanis in their room after the healing.

“So are you going to tell me to stay again” she wanted to. She was still convinced she just wasn't strong enough.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Faelon stood still for a moment before turning back around and heading down to the field to stand next to her. He set the food down on a near-by railing, and covered it with his jacket to keep the bugs off.
"Honestly, I was hoping I wouldn't have to." He watched her shooting, truely amazed. It took a special kind of person to be able to hold a conversation and still have perfect precision and accuracy. He motioned to the targets.
"You're wonderful at that. You truely have a gift."

From the shadows of the field, there stood a form watching the two squires. The mysterious person smiled, but didn't do anything to reveal thier presence. The person crossed thier arms, and leaned against the tree they were hiding under.

Lainis sighed, and laid back down.
"Good night, then," she said somewhat sulkily. It bothered her a little that Eckart had been able to see something that she had so clearly missed. But then agian, he was Tula's cousin. It would make pelnty of sense that he knew her better. She closed her eyes, and almost instantly felt herself falling asleep. She hadn't really realized how tired she was.

((Who stole the character from the character jar? Savvy stole the character from the character jar. Just can't seem to keep my hands out of it. Feel free to introduce more of your own, if you'd like. x3))
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:04 pm

“It isn't special. Just work.' she frowned and fired off another arrow. This one his right in the target and she slung the bow over her shoulder and walked toward the target. Her quiver was empty and she slowly walked over to take back the arrows. “Anyone could do this with a spell or practice.” and continued to frown creasing her face as she pulled the arrows out easily. “No matter what I do I'm alone. I'm sorry you had to watch me blubber on you. But your right. Stay or go doesn't matter might as well stay and be spit on then go go home and grovel.”

Sir Cannis appeared form no where. Not by magic just by being able to sneak up on the pair and watched them quietly as well. The poor girl tried so very hard. He'd gone to the family himself on a few occasions to persuade her to let her go. Being Eckarts knight master he'd seen them spar. She was talented
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Faelon was a little hurt by her spell comment. Was she saying that, just like everyone else, he couldn't do anything without magic? He ignored that for now. It was more important to make her feel better right now.
"You're wrong, you know. I honestly don't know anyone who can shoot as well as you. You need to stop putting yourself down, and start looking at what you do well." He pulled out a rag from his pocket and offered it to her to wipe her face.

From the shadows, the person moved. They had seen Sir Cannis come up from behind the pair, and they wanted to talk to him before making thier move.
"Long-time no see, Cannis." Sir Cannis turned around to see a woman standing behind him. She was tall - over six feet. Her hair was a brilliant shade of orange that hardly seemed natural. Her eyes were a bright yellow that almost seemed feline in nature. Her long hair was pulled into a braid that went down to the small of her back, and revealed two abnormally long and pointed ears.
"Lady Azenin! It's good to see you again."

The woman smiled, and motioned to the two who were still collection Tula's arrow's from the target. Some of them had been shot so hard that the entire shaft was dug into the hay - all the way to the fletchings at the end.
"What can you tell me about that girl, there?"
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:32 pm

“First of all it is good to see you got my letter I wasn't sure how fast it would travel and my elf is a bit rusty.” he chuckled quietly. If you'd heard his chuckle and watched him you could clearly see where Eckart got his mannerisms. He turned to the pair and leaned against the fence they were sanding near with his elbows down on the wood as he looked at the young people. “She is the best I've seen in a long time apart from your fine archers.” nodded toward the woman. “Her cousin is in my care and he tells me she has horrific self esteem. Hardly her fault her parents didn't like this idea at all. I've spent many years trying to convince them to let her come here.”

He prattled on about forms and technique for the benefit of his guest and ended it with. “And a mean left hook.” he chuckled again. “Nothing she wants more than to be a knight except someone to want her to be a knight. I've known their family, both Eck's father and hers for many many years.”

Tula didn't see them she was too distracted. But she did take the rag and cleaned her face off before heading back to her discarded outer clothing. “There isn't much to look at. I'm not as smart or strong or anythign like any of the others. Lanis has a great history and shes strong. I'm nothing like that.”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Faelon had to resist the urge to roll hs eyes. But he knew what it felt like to have no one cheering for you. He would just have to convince her that seh was worth something.
"I think you're very strong. And smart. And beautiful." That last part was a bit quieter than the others, but at least he had had the guts to actually say it.

Lady Azenin smiled.
"She seems just as promising as you said. I'll go talk to her." She began to walk towards the field.
"And don't worry, your elf is no more rusty than my common."

The mysterious woman walked up to the two with a smile on her face. She offered her hand to Tula, who took it with a confused look on her face.
"Hello, Tula. I've heard a lot about you. You show a lot of promise. And a lot of courage to follow this life course. Ah, but I have yet to introduce m'self. I am Azenin - Lady Knight. If no one has snatched you up already, I would like to be the knight for you." She smiled at the stunned girl.
"Would you accept?"
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:12 pm

She didn't have time to react to his comment other than to quickly squeeze his hand gently before turning to face the woman talking to her. Sir Cannis was leaning against the fence in the back ground watching quietly. The tall dark haired knight with a white streak running though his temple which gave away his age just a little. A smirk on his face watching the scene unfold before him. It was funny. Tula sort of looked elvish though he did know that she was completely human.

Tula simply stood there in shock as she asked to take her. After trying for so long on her own to find anyone who would take on a nameless, penniless girl of all people had been an enormous challenge. She just trembled shaking the elf's hand. She' never seen an elf before. “No.. I.. I mean yes. Please. No one has spoken for me. I.. I think they tried asking my parents permission first.” Cannis did. The excepted Lanis didn't have family to ask. It didn't always go that way. “I mean I.. thank you.”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:27 pm

Lady Azenin smiled at the stammering girl.
"If the half of what I have heard said of yo' is true, then I 'ill be the one lucky to have yo' as my squire." She released the girl's hand. Azenin had heard of this promising young girl even before getting Cannis' letter, but she had been unable to get away from her assignment. Having gone through similar things when she tried for her shield, Azenin knew what Tula was going through, and what she would need to get through it.

Faelon couldn't help but grin as he watched the scene unfold. It was so nice to watch Tula's wish come true. He had heard of this Lady Knight. She had been the first and one of the few women to try for knighthood after the law was passed that allowed any race and gender to enter. Since she had been knighted, she had done many great services for the kingdom, including single handedly befriending the dessert clans that used to keep trading caravans from crossing the sands, and earning thier support. She was definatly a worthy knight. And as far as he knew, she had never taken on a squire before.

He figured that they had a lot to talk about, so he quickly excused himself and walked away. He found him a nice place in the gardens, by a fountain, where he could think. Although it was wonderful that Tula had managed to get a legendary knight as a master, he was a bit envious. Now if only he coud find himself a knight other than the basic desk assistant that any squire without a knight was given. He sighed, and looked up at the sky.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:47 pm

Tula felt his hand slip away and she turned to say something to him but he was gone. Tula wanted to go after him her heart wanted to go after him and she frowned briefly before turning back to her sier, the master night. She smiled and bowed her head quietly. “I... I'm afraid I don't know what comes next. I wasn't counting on finding anyone who would be willing to take me.” she was such a risk. No one but another female knight could really understand. But this one was too big to even hope for anything.

Sir Cannis took off after the boy. He did know their friend and not received such a thing yet. Eckart had managed to tell him so. So he easily found the boy sitting there and helped himself to a seat beside him. “You know I came here and I've been watching the goings on. You Lanis the others. The boys that don't leave you alone. Knights who act like boys and boys who act like knights its all very very interesting. So my boy I hear that you want to be the first knight of magic in a very very long time.”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Azenin frowned for the first time since she had met the girl. Cannis had warned her that Tula had a low self-esteem, but she had not expected it to be this bad.
"Well no'. If you is going to be my squire, that is the first thing that need to go. If you d'not have faith in yo'self, at least have faith in me. Yo' think I would choose yo' for a squire if I thought yo' was no good? Yo' is the first squire that I've felt was good enough for me. Yo' not going to prove me wrong on the first day, is yo'?" She put a hand on the girl's shoulder.

Faelon looked over at the knight that had taken a seat beside him. He smiled as the man began to make conversation. He had heard only good things about this knight - both from rumors and first hand from Eckart.
"Yes, sir. I figure that battle magic will help give our warriors an edge in battle. And I would also like to make up for the lives I take by healing our men. But I also want to be out there with the knights that risk thier lives everyday. It would prove nothing if I sat behind the real warriors, fiddling with my magic in a place where I was completely safe."

He looked at the ground.
"But it looks like I might only get to be a mage after all. If I can't find a sire by midwinter, they'll permanently assign me to a desk-knight. And honestly sir, I don't know if I'll be able to stand three years of paperwork with no real battle expereince." He had told Tula that there were many knights who were busy just to make her feel better. The truth of the matter was that there wern't many knights like Azenin who really couldn't get away from thier work. Most of those who wanted a squire had already gotten one. The other's had scoped out the field and left empty handed. The chances of him being chosen were getting slimmer with each day that passed.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Cannis patted his back gently. “Thing about knights, and grown ups in general. Is that that most are no different than they were when they were children. They are desperately afraid of the unknown. You really can't give up hope you know. There is a reason that a few have come back in to claim squires.” he chuckled. “I'm the tricky bastard who called them back. The same corrupt sons of bitches that we make up for out there are the same who come here claim young minds and corrupt them. There have to be more good strong people on the field. We need them because knights like myself and the lady out there wont last forever. Though she'll go on a few more years than I.” he chuckled again his dark blue eyes shining. “There are more coming. More who aren't afraid of women, magic, and men that don't look like what the stories say we look like. There is someone for you. I know there is you just have to be patient.”

Tula stood there silent “Yes Mi'lady. I'll do my best. She was still afraid it just wasn't good enough though. “There have been boys who have been terrorizing my roommate and I. We were thinking of challenging them when she was ready to. After she got beat badly, she and my cousin. Faelon healed her. But there has to be some way to stop them. For now anyway. I can;t keep having my things ruined.”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:48 pm

Azenin's face darkened with every word.
"Is good to hear tha' no'ting changed while I was gone," she said sarcasticlly.
"If I know the 'ead Master, he tinks that this will help yo' grow an' such. But I will help you, no?" She began to walk towards the castle, and motioned for her new squire to follow her.
"There is many tings yo' can do to stop this. First, we must get a magic lock put on your door. I can pay for this. Second, I sugest 'at yo' do no challenge these boys. It be your decision, but tink on this. If yo'l challenge 'em, den they will kno' tat they got under your skin, yes? If yo' wait and make it so they can no do you anymore harm, den it will go away. Men like that will no become knights. If they are not eventually kicked out, den the Hall of Passage will do the job. You need no worry."

She looked back to make sure her squire was keeping up with everything.
"Now den, I need to know if yo' 'ave the right equipment soon. We can do dat tomorrow morning, yes? Until den, I will stay in the room that is next to yours. Dat should also help with your 'azing problm."

Faelon nodded.
"I know better than to give up hope. I came here to become a knight mage, and that's exactly what I will do. But . . . if you have another friend hiding somewhere looking for a squire. . ." he chuckled, "make sure to mention my name, okay?"
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Tula nodded and bowed stiffly “Thank you. Is there anything else I can do for you?” she really had no real idea what to do now except she really wanted to find Faelon. He was still without a knight and after seeing her being approached it still had to be hard. Though encouraging she still wasn't sure she could continue like the way it had been for her. She with her doubts had a legend to speak for her and he was so good, so determined still had no one. It was sad and unfortunately her emotion tended to show though her face well when she wasn't paying attention as she was now.

Cannis laughed and gave him a heart slap on the back. “I'm sure it will happen for you. I know that the few unclaimed will get a good knight to speak for them. Just keep the faith. Good people deserve good things. Now then. Go find your pretty friend I'm sure that the others are hungry by now.” he laughed again and stood up from his seat preparing to be off on his own mysterious business.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Faelon sputtered a good bye while fighting off a blush. He had nearly forgoten that he had to bring food to Lainis and Eckart. He stood up and stretched. His talk with Sir Cannis had made him feel a bit better, at least. He went back to the shooting range, but it seemed that Tula had already left. With a disappointed shrug, he picked back up the food and headed back to the girls' room.

"First ting first, yo' need to show me where yo'r room is." Azenin looked over at tula, and frowned as she watched her new charge's face.
"Something else is troobling yo'?" she asked in a worried voice.
"Yo' must ne'er be afraid to tell me anything, yes?"

Lainis tossed and turned in her sleep. A cool sweat was beginning to form on her skin, and low mumbles were escaping her lips. Inside her mind, strange dreams flitted around in her head. She saw a strange black castle that seemed to be glowing. Strange shadows passed by the windows, beckoning for her to come in.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:30 am

At the comment from her new sire she nodded hesitantly. “Well, hes, special, that's all. Faelon doesn't have a knight yet to speak for him. He's going to be a mage knight, well. He wants to be and hes very good, but I know hes worried just like I am.” she wasn't worried for Lanis. She didn't know someone had claimed her but she knew it would happen, Lanis was too good not to be claimed. Faelon was good but he was different and time was running out. And looked down again she was good at looking down. “It's nothing, it silly my concerns don;t matter for much.” and then turned to go and show her the room. “Faelon had healed Lanis and Eckart earlier so I believe they are still resting. There was a bad fight, Lanis was concerned and my cousin jumped in.”

She really thought her concern and care for the sweet and charming boy wasn't something a great knight should be worried for. Though it made everything inside of her want to run off and find him and make sure he was ok. Maybe ask what he meant by she was beautiful. He was so different than anyone she'd met before. She scolded herself silently for giving to much thought to one boy. It was sure to mean nothing they only just met.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:15 pm

Azenin shook her head.
"Yo' can go find em just as soon as yo' sho' me where yo'r room is. 'k?"
It would obviously take a while to convince this girl that she didn't just want to be her mentor; she wanted to be her friend and confidant. But that would have to wait. The news of the fight troubled her. There had always been hazing - especially for girls - but it was usually drawn short of an actual fist fight. Anyone who was so desparate to drive them out that they would risk thier own expulsion was obviously trouble. She would need to keep an eye on this situation. Perhaps she also needed to have a chat with the boys' knight-masters. She remained thoughtfuly silent as they walked the rest of the way to the room.

Faelon somehow reached the room before the two women. He laid the food out on the girls' shared desk, and quietly left. Eckart had been sound asleep and snoring loud enough to impress an elephant. Lainis had seemed to be having a bad dream, but he did not want to wake her; she needed her rest. With a sigh, he looked around. He could hear footsteps of two people approaching, so he quickly ducked behind a corner. He didn't want to have to explain why he was hanging around the girls' private quarters.

He turned to head to the library. He didn't yet have a key to Eckart's room, and he didn't want to wake the boy to obtain it. His last class for the day wasn't for another few hours, so he planned on spending his free time studying, even though he knew he needed physical practice more.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next