Chivalry (Veritas/Savvy)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Chivalry (Veritas/Savvy)

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:31 pm

Looking in on the room she noticed the two soundly sleeping, Lanis less so but she had the same thought as her mentor. She needed rest. Though Tula felt a bit more anxious to wake her to get her out of the dream. Usually she was to sound asleep for dreams these days. But when she did have bad dreams they were horrific things and desperately wanted someone to save her from them. But Lanis was strong and it was just a dream. She frowned making sure both looked comfortable enough and moved over to gently shut Eckart's mouth to still the loud snoring sound with a soft “shhh” sound that seemed to have worked.

Then the squier gathered her books from her trunk, thankfully untouched as she had taken care to hide hers and lock the trunk so that they may not have to be replaced again. Before having a sire she had no one to pay for things like this. “I shoukd study. I have two more classes today and sword training before the evening meal. Unless you have more need of me Ma'am.” speaking quietly so as not to disturb them.

The tall athletically built blond was wearing her trademark fret on her face as she stood with her things tucked into a worn bag with her head bowed in front of the knight. She reasoned she probably smelt horrible but everyone did so her appearance probably didn't count for much.
Veritas
A Footnote

http://wannabepoet.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:41 pm

Azenin smiled at the girl.
"'O course. Yo' take all the time yo' need to study. We c'n talk after yo'r ev'nin meal, yes? I will leave yo' in peace till then." She walked out of the room, closing the door gentaly behind her. They still needed to check equipment, but that could wait until later that evening. It was important for a squire to keep her studies up. Of course, if the knight-master was called upon for duty, then they would assume the responsabilities as teacher. She scratched her head, not looking forward to that.

Faelon found a nice quiet spot in the library to sit and read. For once however, he was finding it hard to concentrate. With a muttered curse, he slammed the book shut, causing the librarian to give him a stern look. With a bow of appology, he left the room. Perhaps a few rounds in the practice yards would do him some good after all. He wasn't great with a sword, but he wasn't bad either.

Lainis woke up with a start. She wiped some sweat off of her brow, surprised to find it there. After all, it was late september. She shouldn't be getting hot while she slept. She shook her head, clearing out the last memories of whatever she had been dreaming about. The first thing she saw was the plate of food, which she greated as an old friend. It was only after she had begun eating that she noticed Tula in the room.
"Oh, hi," she said with an only slightly full mouth. "I didn't see you there, sorry. How are you?"

((Gah. Personal crap is being loaded on me now, and I'm having trouble concentrating. I'm sorry if my current and future posts appear slightly below par.))
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:51 pm

She had settled into her chair at a small desk and took a book out to read before Lanis stirred. Hearing her body moved she slowly turned her head t make sure she was alright and found her grabbing the tray of food Faelon had left. “I'm.. I'm ok.” she gave a weak smile. “I... I have a knight master now. Shes going to be staying next door and get a magic lock.” her thoughts kept turning to her friend she was very worried about him. Very worried. But no matter how worried she felt she knew it wasn't right. They would all be separated and any feelings any stupid feelings would break and be put away for duty they would never see each other after schooling. Or even sooner if her lady was called out so she scolded herself again for being irrational about a boy she didn't know at all and looked back to the book as Eckart slept on behind her. Though he showed signs of stirring and waking soon.

Eckart was very close to waking and having a pleasant dreamless sleep. He didn't like dreaming it never ended well though he couldn't rightly call what dreams he did have night mares. He just didn't like it at all.

Tula sighed and shut her book and turned around to face Lanis. Nothing changed in a day and even though Eckart was here she could easily go back to pushing everyone away and being alone again. It would all be so easy and no one would know the difference.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Lainis smiled at her roommate over a roll.
"That's wonderful! I managed to get one too, somehow. His name's Sir Talon. What lucky man grabbed you?" She noticed that Tula was looking less than cheerful despite the good news. She would have to find out why soon. She wanted to keep the conversation light until she finished eating, though.

Faelon was doing unusualy well on the practice field. His frustration with himself and his situation seemd to be fueling him somehow. As he placed the blade of his practice sword to his third opponent's neck, he sighed. This was all very refreshing, but still somehow unsatisfying. His opponent surrendered, and Faelon turned to see if anyone else would challenge him. All the other men on the field however, were huddled into a group whispering amoung themselves. Faelon closed his eyes. It wasn't hard to guess what they were talking about; people had been saying the same things since he first started his training. For some reason, people found it impossible to believe that mages would actually work for something.

With a cry of frustration and anger, he threw his practice weapon onto the grownd and stormed off the field. Wasn't there one place in this damned castle that he could feel at peace? An image of Tula popped into his mind, but he waved it away. It seemed that she didn't want him around right now.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Tula wanted him baddy to be there and didn't understand it all. Even after she had firmly decided she would push them all away she still wanted her friend beside her. He was comforting and she liked helping him as he helped her. But instead of saying it she resolved again to write a letter and give it top her knight master. Maybe she could help her silly problem. It was only one day her feelings were unfounded and silly.

“Lady Azenin.” she said quietly as she turned to write her letter “Your lucky to have sir Talon. Hes legendary.” she hated to think anyone would be jealous of her and hated to even speak the name of the woman out loud. It was so unbelievable she wasn't sure she believed it all yet herself. Her head and eyes down at her speedy pen concentrating on her letter.

Eckart was awake by now but far more interested in the conversation than to ruin it by telling them he was away and kept his eyes shut listening to the ladies talk. Though he felt a tiny bit guilty for his charade.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Lainis whistled through her teeth.
"Lady Azenin, huh? I've heard she's great. And you said I was lucky for getting Sir Talon. I've heard she dosn't take on squires, though. She must really have faith in you." She took another bite of her food. "If you don't mind me asking, what're you writing?"

After wandering around for a while, Faelon finaly decided to surrender to his feelings. He turned on his heels and began walking back towards the girls' room. If things went south, he could always claim that he was just checking on his patients.

He reached the door, but his hand paused just before knocking. He had resloved himself to see her, but now that he was right in front of her door, he began to loose his confidence. He didn't want her to shun him again. He didn't know if he could stand it if he lost the only real friend he had made here turned him away.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:46 pm

Tula had just finished and she sighed as the girl debated with herself. But in the ended ended up handing the whole thing to Lanis outlining her feelings, how stupid they were and her proposed solution she couldn't seem to stick to already and she hadn't even tried it yet and got up to see who had knocked. “Don't laugh. She mumbled and opened the door a slight bit. She gasped in surprise but the way she smiled at last it was a happy one. “I... I thought you didn't want to see me.” speaking to her new friend. “I.. was going to try and find you.” and opened the door wider to let him inside. But it was only then she noticed he looked like something.

Eckart yawned a big loud fake yawn and woke up, opening his eyes and slowly making his way to sit taking in the room and looking slowly at Lanis. “Good morning I hope I didn't miss..” his eyes wander to the cold food “Lunch!” and stole his tray to himself devouring the mean like a lion.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:58 pm

Lainis frowned jokingly.
"Hey now, don't eat it all!" she grabbed herself another piece of meat before Eckart could grab it. She left a lot of the food though, she knew how important it was to eat up after a healing. She smiled as Eckart devoured the food. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched the drama that was unfolding just at her door way.

Faelon looked up, slightly confused. A thousand thoughts rushed through his head at once as he tried to figure out what was going on. Spells and battle plans were so easy to read. Why was it so difficult to understand the mind of one person?

"Why would you think that? I thought you didn't want to see me." he frowned. This whole relationship thing was very complicated. He ran his hand through his hair.
"Would you like to. . . go for a walk? We could have more privacy that way." He motioned towards the room where Lainis and Tula were eating.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:06 pm

She grinned but a small panic flashed over her face “Yes, I would love to I'm going to grab my things I'll be right back.” and quickly closed the door in his face without meaning to be rude she was panic and quickly moved over snatch at her letter whispering to the girl “What am I going to do?” hissing nervously as she fought to grab for her letter. Eckart digging in hungrily too hungry to even notice.

Tula wore her frown again, trademark worry on her face. “we'll all be separated and this is silly. I.. I may have to leave tomorrow and not see him for years this is all so stupid.” she sighed speaking in the soft whisper so he wouldn't hear outside. “its only been a day.”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:20 pm

Lainis took hold of the girl's shoulders.
"Calm down. You need friends. If you really want to keep in touch, then you will make it happen. Besides, can't mages do . . . I dunno, magic stuff? Like make images appear in fires? It won't be hard for you two. Besides, knights usually don't travel alone. It's possible - not likely, but possible - that his future sire could be paired with Azenin."

She pushed her friend to the door while keeping hold of the letter.
"Now, go and spend some time with him. I'm sure you'll feel better afterwords." She smiled. It was cute to watch the awkward couple working things out.

Faelon blinked as the door slamed in his face. That was unexpected. He stared at the door that was just inches from his face. What could possible be taking so long? But he didn't really mind. The smile that had lit up her face earlier made it all worth it. If only he could make her smile like that all the time. . .
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:32 pm

She finally lay hold of the note and folded it properly and stuffed it in her bag. “Your no help.” she huffed and turned to throw open the door. Smiling again as she found her friend still there “I.. uh, ladies things?” she offered a thin excuse and stepped outside the door. Once it closed it was just thick enough to hide the following roaring laughter from her cousin inside.

“I have to deliver a note to my knight really fast shes just next door I think.” and stepped over to the room she had thought he knight would take and knocked on the door firmly. It was so easy to be brave with him beside her. It was so much easier than fretting alone and he obviously made her much happier though often she was bad at expressing it.

Eckart was rolling with laughter on the besides the tray was left on a bedside table. Just howling with laughter as tears came from his eyes and slowly stopping as he could no longer breath “they like each other!” he exclaimed with a chuckle. “They after a single day have managed to fall for each other.” and he chuckled again.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 pm

Lainis couldn't help but chuckle along.
"Yeah. How silly is that?" She of course didn't see the irony in her own words. She met Eckart's eyes as they were laughing, and suddenly lost her humor. She looked down at the floor with a slight blush staining her cheeks.

Faelon couldn't help but let a happy grin spread across his face as she opened the door. It slipped a bit as she mentioned her knight-mistress; he was still a bit sore about that. He didn't let it bother him however. This was his chance to fix any misunderstandings they might have had. He wasn't about to let some petty jelousy ruin this for him. He took a chance, and took hold of her hand as they walked the few steps to her new sire's door.

Azenin had just finish unpacking when a bold knock sounded on her door. She opened the door, curious as to who would already know she was here. To her surprise, she found her underling, looking happier than Azenin had seen her.
"My, my, wha' a nice suprize," she said with a smile. "How can I help yo', m'dear?"
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:03 pm

“No it isn't at all. Just completely amazing to me that's all.” he chuckled again accompanied by a sigh. “Just the two of them and there moping and carrying on. Its just the two of them I've never quite seen her like this that's all its so amusing. Her mother would have a fit if she knew.” and sighed sittingup again in bed to finish the food. “Did you sleep alright?” glancing up his brown eyes to look over at the woman he'd spent all day with. It certainly had been a long time since he;d had been able to keep the company of someone his own age. And really, all they'd been though today he felt as if he'd known her for much longer.

Though surprised by his gesture she laced their fingers together holding his hand. It felt really nice and she just knew no matter what this was they had to try some how to keep this going. And when the woman opened the door she blushed realizing they were standing there holding hands and she had no idea what the lady would think. If she would even approve and handed up the latter “I.. I made the report as you asked.” and prayed she wouldn't call her out of here small little lie. She really didn't want him to know the letter was about him and her troubles as of that day.

“I will come again after evening meal to finish er.. my report then. And um report again?' nervously biting her lip praying the lady would have sympathy on her young squire.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:29 pm

Lady Azenin glanced briefly at the letter, and then at the squires' interlaced fingers. She was able to guess about what was going on, enough at least to tell that she needed to aid her squire. She waved the letter in her hand.
"I'll read this once yo've left. Yo' two go an' eat. I imagine it has been an aventful day, yes? We will talk once yo' get back." She gave the younger girl a wink, and closed the door. She set the letter down on her desk without reading it; it clearly hadn't truely been meant for her. She then pushed all of the furniture to the walls, making plenty of room for her evening exercises. She took down her trusty Zweihander - Aurro Undae - from the wall. Even at her six foot, the sword was about a foot longer than she was tall. Despite its weight, she was able to swing it around in an efficent and elegant manner. She began her deadly dance, and had quickly broken a sweat.

Faelon stood by Tula awkwardly through the whole exchange. After they were done, the pair began to walk. At a loss for how to begin, Faelon was content to wander in silence for a moment.
"Are you hungry?" he asked finaly. He figured they could take some food to the garden where they had first met - had it been only earlier that day? - and they could talk there. That would give him some time to figure out exactly what it was he wanted to say.

Lainis smiled and nodded.
"I slept wonderfuly," she lied. She may not be able to remember her dream, but the cold feeling it had left in the pit of her stomach remained.
There was so much she wanted to say right then. She wanted to tell Eckart just how grateful she was that he had come to save her. She wanted to appologize for getting him hurt. And most of all, she wanted to tell him how much she valued this new friendship. The words refused to leave her lips however, and she was stuck with a generic question.
"And yourself?"
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 pm

“A little.” nodded Tula. “I.. I didn't eat much lunch today. I suppose we have time before evening classes.” and smiled over at him shyly still keenly aware her calloused hand was in his and everyone could see . Though she didn't much mind and it wasn't as if he was in even more trouble. “I'm sure that very soon you'll have someone come for you. Maybe they are on the field right now. Your too special not to get picked.” and blushed just a little to color her cheeks. “Being a mage and all you know.” he was special though. He was very special and she wanted to be come to him though she wasn't quite sure how.

Eckart put his empty tray aside and stretched a little. “Oh? That's not what I heard.” he would have grinned but the small startled noise he;d heard while waking himself did key in to her not so pleasant sleep. It was when his mouth was closed he really started into the world of wakefulness and chose to pretend in his sleeping awhile.

He stood up to his full height of not much and waddled over sitting beside heron her bed. “i slept like a baby. I missed having beds.” he grinned. “Though you have this look in your eyes you know. Your very expression right around the eyes, come now what is it?”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:42 am

Faelon blushed, unsure of how to respond.
"I don't know about all that. There are plenty of magic users in the kingdom. There's really nothing special about me." He let go of her hand, suddenly loosing confidence.
"A-anyway, let's go pick up some food, okay? Then we can talk about whatever you want."

Lainis was suddenly very aware of herself. And very aware of Eckart, sitting just inches away. She could feel the impression his body made in the bed causing her to lean slightly towards him. She stretched out her limbs, hoping to make herself seem more at ease.
"I-I don't know what you're talking about. What expression?" She tried to look him in the eyes, but couldn't. It was very hard to lie to this impressive presence.
"I-I was just thinking how lucky I was to have met you, is all. It's nice to have someone to talk to."

She could feel her face gurning up. How could she possible say such things? What gave her the right? She didn't even deserve to be his friend, not to mention monopolizing his time like this. She sighed. All of the sudden, she was beginning to doubt herself. Why was that? She had always been so confidant in everything she did. . .
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:54 am

Tula took up his hand again. They'd both been afraid at different times that day. And either they were going to try or they wouldn't and they couldn't just dance around it not when he'd just took her hand like that. “No, don;t.. they..” she frowned and cleared her throat. “There aren't any trying to be a knight and a mage your special anyway.” her voice getting softer the more she spoke til she simply fell silent. “Your the one who wanted to talk wasn't it? Please, don't be scared now. Today has been too hard for you or.. or me to be scared.”

Eck frowned and moved his head so he could look in her eyes as she looked away. “Its meant a lot to me. You have no idea how lonely it can be out there alone. Why won;'t you look at me?” and slowly smirk. “I thought you weren't afraid of any man and now your getting bashful Lanis. Come now tell me whats going on.” he chuckled softly and slowly rested a large hand on her knee. But quickly took it away. It was one thing to comfort Tula he didn't possibly know what to do or what was right. Anything he knew about anything came from Sir Cannis and when he didn't know what to do he thought about how he would do things. It often helped but it wasn't as if he had many relationships with women.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:06 am

Faelon gave her hand a gentle squeeze.
"Well, while it's true that I wanted to talk to you, I'm not really sure what to say. I know that we just met and all but," he hesitated. Recalling her comment on bravery, and somehow managed to continue.
"I really like you, Tula. I wanted to make sure you knew that now, in case we have to leave each other soon. Before you, I didn't really have any friends outside of my books. So, thank you." He looked up into her eyes, and had to resist the urge to look away again. He smiled.

Lainis' back straighed up as he put his hand on her knee. It was very warm. She sighed as he snatched it away. What bothered her most is that his touch had seemed so natural, in a way. She shook her head. She had just gotten a knight-master. Now was no time to be persuing new things. She should be focusing on the training she had.
"Pfft. As if anyone would be afraid of you," she teased, staring straight into Eckart's eyes as if she was trying to prove something.
"That's all there is to tell. If you don't believe me, then we can have a rematch to prove who's right."

She stood up and crossed her arms. She was trying to look defiant, but the sudden action of standing had made her dizzy. Ah, she thought, I shouldn't have moved so much right after a healing. With that thought, she fell back down onto the bed, holding her head in her hands.
"A-anyway, isn't it almost time for the evening-meal?"

((I'll be going to bed after this post))
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:43 am

Tula glanced away for a moment so shy and nervous about this whole thing. Her heart was beating so fast as she heard every word ad at last looked into her eyes. How brave it must have been to say that.”I... I feel the same way. But there are ways to, to keep in touch right? Magic things letters. If...If we have to be separated.” she wanted to avoid this. Being happy just once only to have it ripped away again. When the odd good thing happen it always came with something bad. “You gave me hope so, thank you.”

He watched her fall and replaced his hand on her knee in concern. “Perhaps but your going to rest. We'll go later after classes then eat then you report to your knight master eh? I don't need a rematch I remember well enough who to fear.” and chuckled softly yet again as he sat their watching her. “You know what I get tired of? Pretending to be brave all the time. Sometimes you just don't want to have to put on a face and be string anymore.

Tula led them into the hall more nervous than ever that everyone could see their hands and the teasing that would come from it. Though it couldn't be worse than what they already had. “You know your sacrificing a lot by being here with me. If you wanted to make fun of me and go so they would leave you alone I'll understand.”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:52 am

Faelon gave her hand a tight squeeze.
"Of corse we'll stay in touch. I'll master astro-projecting, and come visist you every day if I have to." He laughed lightly. It had felt so good to tell her how he felt, and even better when she had accepted his feelings. He felt as if he had mastered the flight spell. He raised his eyebrows at her last comment, and pulled her closer to his side.
"I would never do that," he said seriously. "Do you think I care what these dung-bats think of me? Besides, it's much more fun to be with you than without you."

He glared at a pair of pages that were staring openly at them. They squeaked and ran off. Pages should know better than to pass a squire without bowing. Disrespectful kids.

Lainis inhaled deeply. He had really hit the nail on the head, so to speak. Since she always had to prove herself to everybody, she was never allowed even one moment of weakness. If she showed even a hint of veunerability, the predators would attack.
"I know what you mean," she said softly. Deciding to take a risk, she laid her head on Eckart's dense shoulder. If he protested, she could always blame it on her fatigue.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:01 am

Eckart hesitated, only because he wasn't sure of himself at all in this sort of thing. Not knowing what she meant by it or anything like that. She wasn't Tula, she was someone else all together. But slowly he put his arm around her shoulders and rested his head on hers. “You don't have to prove yourself to me. You never did, I see you just fine.”

Just holding her after watching Faelon and Tula scrambling around each other all day did teach him to not hold back even if you were scared. So the short large man gave her a small squeeze. He wasn't used to any girls other than his cousin. This was so knew and frighting. He was a a stout boy no one to pay attention to and here she was so very close to him.

“No I know you don't care” she whispered as they moved into the room. “But it will make your life easier. You shouldn't be punished because of me.” moving to the food which they were gived before trying to find a place to sit without being too noticed by th eothers who were already beginning tow whisper and peak up at them.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:23 am

Lainis relaxed a little, glad that he had not pushed her away. Her mind flashed back to an early memory of her first crush, and she felt tears comming to her eyes. The boy had been her neighbor and childhood friend for years. When she had confessed her 'love' to him, he had laughed in her face.
"You're my buddy, Lainis. Stop trying to pretend you're a girl." She gave him a bloody nose for that comment. They had never talked again, and she had never trusted any boy since. That is, until Eckart.

"I'm glad," she said quietly. "I get tired of pretending." She smiled up at him through her tears. What a stupid thing. She had finally found someone who accepted her, and here she was wetting his shirt. She laughed quietly to herself, and wipped away those annoying tears. How long had it been since she had let herself cry in front of someone?

Faelon sighed, and sat them down at a table in the middle of the room.
"What if I don't see it as punishment, but a divine blessing?" he asked her with a smile. Tired of having people stare at them, he decided to act. With a large flowing motion, he wrapped his long arm around Tula's waist. He then turned to glare at anyone he found looking at them. Most of them were smart enough to look away, and a few of them even looked embarassed.
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:48 am

She must have been quiet exhausted to cry like that he didn't press to find out what it was that made her cray. Lanis of all people, it was wrong to make assumptions though. Anyone could cry anyone could have reason to and one shouldn't assume things of people. He gave her another hug quite unaware of her feelings about him. Tula often struggles with being a girl and wanting things girls wanted and being a knight and having to be like a man in a mans world. It was so hard to do both. So from that alone he knew better than to assume anything. “You don't have to pretend anything for me that you don't want to.”

It was just that he never expected any girl to ever find him attractive in anyway. Sure he was strong from his hard work and training. But he didn't think he was handsome he was short with the chest and arms of a man much larger than he was. Sure it gave him quite the reach. But it made him off and homely, even boys struggled with self image. The knights in training who were tall and handsome gained the attention of any girl they wished and he stayed focused on his training.

Tula wanted to protest to save him but she moved closer as his arm found her waist and sat with him to eat shoving off any thought of the people who were staring at them,. “Ok, if that's what you want.' she whispered. “We have a little time before more classes.”
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:08 pm

((Mmm. Jasmine tea sounds really good right now. xD))

Lainis snuggled up closer to her own personal wall. She knew that soon she would have to back away, but she wasn't ready quite yet.
"How did I get so lucky?" she asked into his shirt. "You're so nice."
Inside her mind, Lainis cringed. Were those sappy words really coming out of her mouth? Perhaps that healing had effected her more than she had thought.

With a sigh, she surrendered the rock-like softness of Eckart's arm. She looked up at him with a smile.
"We should probably go eat soon. It'll be less than an hour before we're due at the practice arena." Although sword practice was usually one of her favorite parts of the day, she loathed it now. Her body was still sore and tired, and she would much rather spend the time here with Eckart. But if she missed even one lesson, she might fall behind. And that was not an option.

"It is what I want," Faelon assured her. He had already nearly finished his meal. Before he had Tula to give him confidence, he had always eaten as fast as possible to get away from the other boys. Although a few of the older squires had tried to take him under thier wing, thier friendship had always seemed strained and forced. So he distanced himself from them to protect himself. In those days, eating quickly had become a habit for him.
"So, what would you like to do before practice?"
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 pm

Eckart ignored the statement she made, thought nice it seemed off a little he didn't know how to take it except help her up off the bed. “Your right.” he smiled chuckling softly. “We should eat and then go to practice. You'll be fine, no one will be expecting either one of us to be up and about so soon I bet the others are still resting.” he smiled at the thought and all the surprised people when they appeared from no where. “Of course we still have to report to the armory but I'm actually looking forward to it.” He was sore as well tired, in a bit of pain. But Eckart wasn't going to let a little thing like pain stop him.

Moving her tot he door of their room he was reluctant to leave, it would be much nicer to stay here with her. Though new and confusing it was he would have been much happier to have her small strong body close to her. He'd not remembered quite feeling that way before now he thought about it.

Tula smiled just a little finishing up her meal just after his. “I thought we were going to the gardens. Where we met this morning.” It was so hard to believe it was only that morning. But with their bullies being out for the moment she was sure they would still have it as a safe place for now.
Veritas
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next