The Witness **Might be MATURE!!! READ WITH CAUTION** (Flieh & Heaven)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Witness **Might be MATURE!!! READ WITH CAUTION** (Flieh & Heaven)

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Jolene Tierney hurried through the halls of her school. It was a Saturday afternoon and she needed a book from her locker. With her parents gone for the next week, there was really nothing to do around the house but read. As the blonde rushed to her locker, she heard something strange from down the hall. Curiosity always seemed to get the best of her, no matter the circumstance, she instead of stopping at her locker, she walked to where she'd heard what sounded like whimpering.

And there, in the middle of the hall, just after the curve was another senior, on his knees, with three men around him. The glint of black metal made the girl stop and hide behind the wall, watching what was going on.

"Where is it!?" The man with the gun yelled, making Jolene flinch and hide. There was the sound of whimpering against and she realized it was the boy on his knees. "The money! You owe us money!" And then, after a minute of complete silence, she had to look out. She peaked around the corner and then.. There was a gun blast and the boy fell to the ground. Jolene's hand flew to her mouth to stop herself from screaming and she ducked away again, her eyes closed.

She was praying that they didn't choose to to leave the way she had come. After a minute of silence, she knew that they had left another way. With shaking hands, the blonde pulled out her phone and dialed 911, reporting a shooting. And was told to stay where she was.

Last edited by HeavenLeighDahl on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Re: The Witness **Might be MATURE!!! READ WITH CAUTION** (Flieh & Heaven)

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:21 am

Phones were ringing all through the station. Men were running back and forth in the hallway outside of the office, trying to find cars and men they could send to a local High School. Kicking his chair back from his desk and walking to the doorway, he caught the attention of one of the men going by. The officer told him there was a shooting, but all of the cars and officers from the station were tied up in a massive drug bust. Sighing, Adrien Westcliff said he would take the case and went back to his desk, grabbing the keys to his car.

Heading towards the stairs down to the first floor, Adrien smoothed out his short, dark brown hair. He was around six feet tall and twenty-four years old. He showed a knack for solving mysteries that got him promoted to a high-ranking detective soon after he started his job at the station. As he walked out into the chilly fall air, he took a deep breath, the crispness of it cooling his throat and his lungs. This seemed like his first interesting case in months, everything else having been sting operations and small time crooks. He got into his car, closed the door, started up his car, and put on his favorite Rock station, heading for the school as quickly as possible, turning on his siren and blowing down the city streets.

Once he got to the school, he ran in, flashed his badge at the office, and ran up the stairs to go to where the girl was reported to be. When he reached the top step, he saw her across the hall, huddled down and crying. Walking over slowly, he knelt down next to her, not really being able to see her face behind her hair and her hands. Adrien took a deep breath and sat down next to her instead, preparing a calming voice to speak to her in. Taking a moment to clear his throat, he finally managed to find something to say.

"Hey there...I'm Detective Westcliff...any chance you might be able to tell me what you saw?"
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Jolene had sort of huddled on her own away from people when the police and ambulances came. They wouldn't let her go home, which she supposed she understood, because she had witnessed it, called it in, and her parents weren't home. But she really didn't want to be there. She wanted to be home, but she also didn't want to be.

What if they'd seen her? What if something happened and they found out where she was? It wasn't safe, and she didn't really have anywhere to go. She didn't have a boyfriend, and her bestfriend had moved. She would have to stay home alone for the next week. Because her parents weren't in the position to be contacted, they made sure of it when they went away.

She heard the sound of someone walking up and sitting down next to her, but she didn't look up until she heard the voice. It didn't sound gruff, nor was it bossy. Instead, it sounded like someone who was around her age.

Her head lifted and she looked up at him with wide blue eyes. "Again?" She asked, wiping the tear marks. She'd already told two people, both older than him, what had happened. "Well, I was walking through the halls, I wanted to get a book out of my locker and I heard something that drew my attention. So, I walked over to where the sound was and there was a guy on his knees, he was in my class, and three other men. One had a gun. They asked him about some money... And then.. Then... They-they... They shot him." She said, closing her eyes for a second before looking back at him.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:14 am

"Well...I'll tell you what," Adrien started, putting an arm around the startled girl. He saw more tears running slowly from her eyes and wiped them away as a friendly gesture with his free hand. He tried to have a gift for building a kind of friendship with the key witnesses in his cases, because the more they trusted him, the sooner they could catch the criminals and make everyone that little bit safer. He remembered the mention of how her parents were away and the police force did not want to have her staying somewhere potentially very dangerous. "From the sounds of it, you don't have anywhere to go, since they don't want you somewhere where you might possibly be found, so how about you come back to the station with me? We can chill in my office while I look over the details."

He could see the yellow tape attached to the entrance of the part of the hallway where the shooting occurred. He did not intend to get up until the girl was ready to, because his arm was still around her and he was trying hard to be comforting. Adrien changed how he was sitting to try to be more comfortable, then looked into the girl's eyes. He could see that she was still scared to death of what happened and he was running out of ideas of how to comfort her. "Hey...it'll be okay. I promise. Mind telling me your name...? If you want, you can call me Adrien...it might make everything feel less formal..."

"Can you get your books? Or are they blocked off by all that yellow tape?" he looked at the lockers lining all the walls of the hallway except the one in front of them, the one they were sitting against, and really thin hallway areas. He did not even remember what his High School looked like, he had moved here from Seattle and a lot of things happen in a big city like that. Adrien was not used to living in a 'small city' setting like the one he was in now, but he had started picking up on some of the routine here. Sighing, he looked at the girl again, shooting her a small smile. He had hoped maybe something he had done might have reassured her, he took a personal interest in hating how this had all made her feel.
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:34 am

With a quick swipe of her hand, the blonde tried to wipe away her tears. But, it was a lot to deal with. She thought that it was nice that he was trying to comfort her before actually getting any information out of her. She had been too distraught to actually describe anything to the other officers when they'd asked her for details.

"Jolene." She said, looking at him. She felt like a little kid, when usually she would probably be hitting on a man like him. She knew she was good looking and usually got what she wanted. A flirt since she was a young girl, she had no difficulty getting a man to look at this or that, and actually appreciate little parts of her, like her neck, or her fingers.

"I don't want my books anymore." She said, looking away. "But I would like to get away from here." she admitted, moving to stand up. "Would you mind?" She asked in a quiet voice.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:46 am

"Alright, sounds good to me," he moved to stand up as well, helping her to her feet. Adrien held her tight as they walked together towards the staircase, trying to make sure she did not lose her balance or something. He knew crying was good for making people light-headed and knocking them off balance. At the top of the stairs he took a deep breath and made sure she was ready. He tried to time their steps so neither of them would lose footing on the stairs and send both of them toppling down.

When they got back down to the first floor, Adrien slowly led her to his car, telling one of the officers on the way out to let the school faculty know he was taking Jolene back to the station. He opened the doors to the outside for her and took another deep breath of the crisp air when they hit they sidewalk. He smiled at her, again trying to reassure her, and tried to think of what to say. Coming back with nothing, he continued leading her to the car and opened the door for her. As he helped her in, he finally regained his train of thought; "There's nothing quite like fall air, huh?"

Walking slowly around the front of the car, he had his hands in his pockets, a common habit of his. When he got to his side, he opened the door quickly, got in, and shoved his key into the ignition. He tried to multitask turning the car on and closing his door to save time, then put his seat belt on. As the car filled with the sounds of "That's Entertainment" by Powerman 5000, he smiled and looked over to Jolene again. "What kind of music do you like? I can change the station, if you want..."
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:08 am

It was strange having someone who was willing to actually watch so that she didn't fall. It was so common that people would just let her 'handle herself'. So, when he helped her down the stairs and even into his car, she was comforted more than he would know.

When he got into the car, she was looking at the red, brown and yellow leaves out the window. She loved fall, it was actually her favorite season. Not too hot, not too cold, just right. And the smell that was in the air.. He was right .There was nothing like it.

Seeing him get in the car from the corner of her eye, she turned around to look at him and smiled slightly. "Anything is fine, really." She said, shrugging. "I kind of like this." She said, meaning it. She loved any kind of music, though she was most partial to heavy metal or rock.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:31 am

He smiled at her again and sang along to the song as they headed towards the station. Adrien kept trying to make sure she felt comfortable and that he was not being too professional. In a job like his, professionalism was what made the people you tried to help hate you the most. At a red light, he looked at her and ran a hand through his hair, it was a nervous habit of his, he had a lot of them. "You know, I really like your eyes."

As they pulled up to the station and he shut the car off, he got out and ran over to open her door for her. Helping her out of the car, he kept asking her if she was okay to walk and how she was feeling. Adrien wrapped an arm around her again, just to be sure she was steady, and walked her into the station. He told everyone this was the witness from the school and they would be talking in his office, so he wanted no one to bother them and no phone calls going through. He helped her up the stairs and down the hall into his office.

Adrien led her over to the desk, letting her sit down in his chair as he leaned against the desk. He picked up the case file and flipped through it, noticing just how little there was to it so far. Here, he had the link he needed to fix that, but it was not all about the case and catching the bad guy. It was about her, too, how all of this had effected her. Sighing slightly and tossing the file off to the side, he looked up at the ceiling. "So...what do you think? Nice place or what? Now if only they'd give me something interesting to do on a regular basis while I sat in here."
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:17 am

Jolene tarted to loosen up as he drove, and sang. When he said that he liked her eyes, she blushed and looked into his eyes as well. "I like your eyes." She admitted before blushing even deep of a shade of pink. Had she just said that? To a cop!?

She was liking the attention, something that she wasn't used to was someone caring how she felt. But, he kept asking. But, he couldn't very well get information out of her if she was passed out, so she figured that was a pretty good reason to ask. The arm around her made her blush again and look down, letting him lead her through the building.

When he sat her in the chair behind his desk in his office, she looked around, taking in he view of everything from behind a desk. Lifting her eyes, she let them roam he detective for a long minute before she watched him put the file to the side. And then he did something that she wasn't expecting. Instead of asking about the case, he was asking what she thought of the office.

"I like it." She said, flashing him a quick smile. "You could use some pictures, your wife or girlfriend, or boyfriend, I don't judge." She said, looking at his desk. "Your family.." Hearing him say that he wished for something to do on a regular basis she nodded. "Well, there's this for a bit." She said, looking away.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:08 am

"Yeah, it could probably use something like that, but..." Adrien paused for dramatic effect. "Sadly, I don't have anything like that to give it..." he walked over to the other side of the room and got another chair, bringing it over so he could sit next to Jolene. "So, what about you? I practically live here," he chuckled, knowing just how true a statement that was. "What does your room look like? Your whole house?" He smiled, asking her all of this with genuine curiosity. He liked just talking to her, it was relaxing.

As they sat, his mind did wander to the matter at hand. It could easily be some kind of gang violence, high schools seemed to be known for it nowadays. To Adrien, it seemed like there must have been a clearer motivation than that. The crime seemed too targeted to just be random gang-to-gang hatred. He was going to have to do a lot of digging on this, but without a suspect, he was not going to get anywhere.

"Oh...but what about you? A nice looking young lady like yourself must have a boyfriend, right?" he smiled at her as he asked, taking his first real look at the beauty of her features. He had to blink hard after a while, his eyes stinging from being open too long. He thought back to Seattle, his mother and father that did not approve of his line of work and no longer speak with him, the ex-girlfriend that managed to sleep with thirteen different men on a bar countertop all in the same night, and a sister that might have been the only sane person if she had not died in a car accident. Adrien realized for the first time how happy he was to be out of his hometown and in a place where he had been given a fresh start. "You know something?" again, he paused for the sake of anticipation. "One, I'm hungry and I don't know about you, but I could go for some Chinese. Two, you're very cute when you blush. So, should I call and have them deliver it? Or do you want to eat there?"
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:36 am

Jolene nodded, feeling bad for him. Where was his family that he didn't have them? It was understandable that he wasn't married, he was still young, she'd guess. He asked about her room and her house and she shrugged. "It's the typical teenage girl's room." She said, pushing her hair out of her face, wondering if he really cared or was just trying to get her to relax. Either way, it was working, she was relaxing considerably. "I have a queen sized bed, with purple bedspread, white walls with purple trim, purple curtains. Stuffed animals all around, a vanity... Stuff like that." She said. Purple was her favorite color, and she had a weird love of stuffed animals, she couldn't have enough. "My house relatively big, filled with things that you wouldn't want to leave a toddler alone with.

"My dad is a big architect and my mom is an advertisement exec for one of the companies that he works with." She explained. When he asked if she had a boyfriend, she blushed and shook her head. "Nope, no boyfriend. I haven't had one in a few months." She said, looking at him. His saying that he was hungry made her nod and smile, but her blush deepened when he said she was cute when she blushed.

"How about... Have it delivered?" She didn't really want to leave. It almost made her laugh, him saying that she was cute and suddenly changing the subject. She almost thought that he was trying to make her blush. "Thank you, by the way. About the cute thing."
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:26 am

"Hehe, hey. No need to thank me for the truth," he said, grabbing the phone, dialing the number, and ordering the usual, just double. Hanging up the phone and setting his wallet out on the desk, he looked at her again. "Honestly? I don't think we should talk about the case today. I know it's probably against protocol or something, but you need time. It's not right to tear you apart with questions when it just barely happened," Adrien looked out of his window rather quickly before standing up again. He had a habit of moving around a lot, his office made him feel overly jittery. Looking back at Jolene again, he sighed. "Sorry, habit of mine. Not much of one for sitting down when I'm thinking, you know."

When the Chinese came, he went to the door, paid the man, and took the two bags from him after saying a pleasant thank you and goodbye. Taking the back to the desk, Adrien smiled at Jolene. He pulled out a container with six egg rolls in it and another one full of pork fried rice. "There are a bunch of other things in here, too, but these are the main attractions, you see," he laughed as he offered her an egg roll, smiling widely at her. He took one for himself and took a massive bite out of it, giving Jolene a contented look to show her it was good.

"So...really...you don't have a boyfriend?" he asked, sitting back in his chair, eating the fried rice. "I'm shocked, really. You're very pretty, you seem like the kind to have the boys falling all over you," Adrien smiled, leaning his chair back against the wall. "I had a girlfriend once in Seattle. She was not a pleasant woman at all...you'd have never wanted to meet her, trust me," he sighed, thinking back to his hometown again. "Everything about my hometown was awful, really...my family, my friends, my relationships...that's why I came here. To forge a new life for myself," he smiled thinking about the city he lived in now. He still realized he was not quite used to a small city environment, but he was getting there. Slowly, he was getting there.
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:40 pm

Jolene nodded, flashing him a smile when he was on the phone. She felt a lot better when he told her that they weren't going to talk about the case, and she was able to breathe a lot better. As she watched him move around, she also found it hard to stay still. Instead of moving like he was, she just turned in the chair, spinning it slightly. "That's fine." She said.

When the food came, she smiled as well and almost dived for the egg roll he offered her. As she looked at it, she smiled, but didn't bite. "It's not shrimp, is it?" She asked nervously. She put it down, just incase and went for the fried rice, which she could see wasn't shrimp. "I love Chinese food." She said with a smile.

"Nope, no boyfriend." She said as she ate a bit of the friend rice. "I had one, but we broke up not long ago. He was having sex with my friend and the captain of the cheer leading squad." She listened to his take of his girlfriend and she frowned. "Was she bossy and just wretched?" She asked. Him talking about his family made her frown as well. "Well, this town is pretty nice." She offered, flashing him a smile.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:43 pm

"Nah, no shrimp here. I'm not a seafood person," he smiled and motioned for her to bite into it. He ate another one as he waited for her to bite into hers. "They make them from scratch, you know. The owner said she values preserving her heritage through her food, so she tries not to Americanize it," Adrien smiled, watching her spin a little in his chair. He could tell she was massively relieved that the case was not the priority for today. They both needed a break from the events of the day.

"My ex was a lot like that...except it was thirteen guys she had never met before on top of a bar in Redmond. I hope she had her fun, because that was one of the last straws on leaving the state," Adrien scowled at the thought of her. "Sounds like your ex was a real piece of work, too. What did you do when you found out about it?" he ate some more of the rice, thinking about the kind of person you have to be to hurt someone like Jolene. He sighed at the thought, his gender thoroughly disappointed him.

Adrien looked at Jolene again, his head full of messages he could not quite decipher. The day was really ending up better than he expected, Jolene seemed to be feeling better since the case was a more distant constant. He got up again and picked up a small notebook, checking to see if he had anything else he had to attend to. He smiled seeing that all of his duties had been finished up for now. "I'm free for the rest of the day, have anywhere you want to go? The mall or something? The school will understand if you shirk your homework or take time off, this WAS rather traumatic."
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:50 pm

When he said there was no shrimp, she smiled and made a mad grab for her egg roll, taking a big bite of it. Egg rolls, in all honesty were her favorite food. She gave a soft moan and smiled.

"Oh that's good. You can really tell that it's home made." She said, licking her lips after she swallowed. She smiled up at him as she started to eat the egg roll a little differently. She started to nibble on it like she were a bunny. It was a habit she'd had since she was little. Most foods like that, sandwiches, vegetables, egg rolls, any 'finger food' was eating in small nibbles.

Hearing what had happened with his ex, her mouth opened in shock. "Thirteen guys?!" She asked, truly appalled. Who would do something like that to a guy like him!? He was good looking, nice, friendly, seemed to be strong and smart. Really, she couldn't see much wrong with him, besides that he appeared to have bad taste in girls. "I kicked his ass." Jolene said about her ex. "I wasn't going to sit back and let him. And he had to learn is lesson." She smiled sweetly, innocently.

She thought about his next question. Was the anywhere she wanted to go? The mall was always an option for her, and she needed new clothes, but would this detective really want to hang around a teen girl while she looked at clothes?

"I'm fine." She said, deciding that he'd be bored out of his mind. "But, if there is something you'd like to do, I'd be more than happy to go with. I don't really want to go home. My parents are out of the country, and there is really no way of finding them." Then, she mumble, "they stopped leaving information when I was five.." But, she smiled at him afterward.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:22 pm

"Yeah, you can always taste the better quality in it," Adrien smiled and looked at her as she nibbled at the egg roll. He laughed and ruffled her hair a little bit. "You make a very cute bunny," he smiled at her as he continued his meal. He felt incredibly good humored around Jolene. He was not quite sure what it was about her, but her presence just felt calming. He gave a contented sigh and kept eating.

"Yeah, thirteen. In a row," Adrien shrugged to show it was all in the past now. "I'm glad you taught that guy a lesson, though. He definitely asked for it," he smiled and gave her a quick hug to show her he was sorry about what had happened. "People are weird like that, you know? They never want what they have until they throw it all away..."

"Well, the intent wasn't to send you home anyway. Without your parents around, it's too unsafe. If you want, you can stay with me, there's room. The offer to go to the mall remains open, too. I'm sure you'd rather not spend the night or multiple almost naked in a stranger's house," he laughed nervously. Adrien was worried about how she would take that or if she would automatically deem him as a pervert. He looked into her eyes, trying to show her that it was sincerely because he worried about her and wanted her to be safe, not because he had some kind of evil, alternative motive. He wanted to put a hand on her shoulder or something, but he was worried it would be awkward or bother her.
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:33 pm

Jolene blushed and dropped the egg roll from her lips. "It's... A habit I suppose." She said, licking her lips as she started on some rice. She thought about that. She supposed that she could be a cute bunny, if she wanted to be.

"That's terrible! What a.." She stopped when he hugged her and felt her cheeks warm considerably. She hadn't been expecting that, not like she didn't like it. It was just something new. Affection in anyway, besides from her boyfriends.

"Of course not." She said, looking away as thoughts popped into her head. She didn't think of him as a pervert, since it was a logical thought. It seemed that he was keen on having a half naked girl around his place, but that was logical as well, she was underage.

"Alright, we can go and get some clothes for me. I guess I will need something to sleep in and where. And shampoo, body wash, lotion..." She didn't want to risk going home for anything really.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:09 pm

"Hehe, I meant it as a compliment, you know," he smiled at her, picking her egg roll up and handing it back to her. Adrien stretched and gave a small sigh, noticing a newly acquired pain in his right temple. He wondered if maybe he was just stressed out from everything and had not had enough relaxation time to avoid the pain. Giving Jolene another smile, he discreetly rubbed the right side of his head. He gave her another hug, holding it longer this time, taking note of the fact that the pain in his head subsided a little.

"Yeah...she was a rather long string of unpleasant names. People told me she was like that, but I figured they were just rumors," he sighed and looked into her eyes again, his watering slightly. "Guess she showed me, huh?" Adrien stood up again, walking a little to keep his knees in perfect working order. He looked at how much food they had left and smiled again, happy to be here with someone who understood. He directed his smile at her and thanked her for listening to him ramble.

As Adrien walked about, he grabbed his car keys and his wallet. He still felt awkward about his joke earlier, but not as much now. He took a Visa out of his wallet and held it out for her. He hoped she would take it without questions or hesitation, but he probably would not have such luck. "You're in Westcliff care now, so I want you to buy your things on the Westcliff budget. Try not to spend too many thousands though, okay? Detectives like me only make seventy or eighty of them a year."
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Jolene took the egg roll, almost completely full, figuring she'd finish the egg roll and be done. She couldn't help but smile. Why couldn't she be just four months older? Then, maybe... She sighed. That was stupid. Why would he want a girl like her. She was just a witness, nothing more.

"Well, you're away from her now." She reasoned, standing up and putting her hand on his arm. "It's not bad to think the best of someone. I did, I always do." She said, shrugging before she finished her egg roll and sighed.

Looking at his credit card, she shook her head. "I couldn't." She said, grabbing her purse. "I have my credit card." She told him, taking out a platinum Visa. "My dad pays the charges, and doesn't ask what I spend." She explained. It was good to have rich parents. They figured that it was a way of making up for not spending time with her.

"I'm ready to go whenever you are." She said as she slid the card back into it's slot. After closing her wallet, she put it in her purse and closed that.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:32 pm

Adrien smiled when she took the egg roll and started to finish it off. His mind drifted to the beauty of her features again without him completely noticing and he actually had a few images of them kissing pass through before he shook them out. She was young, she would not want to risk anything like that. If he got caught, he would get arrested and lose his job, and it would likely end up tearing her apart. Still, he wondered what it would be like to try it, for even a moment...

He got out of being lost in thought when she brought up that he was away from his ex now. "Yeah, well...very rarely do I ever get good results from thinking the best of them. Not that it ever stops me from doing it..." he sighed and looked at Jolene, his eyes taking on a wishful yet sad look. They carried with them an obvious desire for something he felt he could never have. Looking down, Adrien took a deep breath to try to pick himself back up, then raised his head with a smile. He directed it at her, but his chest still hurt a little bit from the thoughts he pushed away.

He looked at the credit card he was still holding. "Are you sure? I wouldn't mind, really..." Adrien took his car keys out of his pocket and stretched again. "You have until we get to the cash register somewhere to reconsider. C'mon, it's free money!" he laughed and waved it around at her, smiling. For some reason, even being depressed did not last long around her. She had an effect on him he could not quite understand, but no one would see him complaining about it. He kept smiling at her, staring into her eyes, waving the card playfully.
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:57 pm

Jolene saw the way he looked at her and it made her blush. There was a mixture of want, almost need, and sadness. She could almost imagine what he was thinking. They couldn't be together, it was wrong, life is cruel. Those were thoughts that went through her mind when she saw how he was looking at her.

She sighed and nodded back at him, looking into his eyes in return. "Maybe once it will work out. You will meet the right girl, and there would be no pain." She said, trying to sound cheerful, but dashed hopes was a topic that it was hard to get enthusiastic about.

She laughed softly, suddenly cheered again by him holding his card out and prompting her. She playfully took a swipe of it, grabbing it from his hand.

"Well, if you put it that way!" She said, turning it over in her hand. She smiled as she looked into his eyes, before thinking of something. But, it would be best played outside of the station. "I can't take your money... How about you buy ice cream later?" She offered, handing him the card and smiling sweetly. "That way, I can still feel like I spent your money." She professed before nodding at the door. "Shall we?"
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Adrien saw her looking back, he saw the same look he was giving her in her eyes. Adrien knew what they both wanted, he knew that he was not just comforting her to make her feel better, but because he had fallen for her. He wanted so badly to take her in his arms and kiss her, to let her know really how he felt, but he could not do it here. If he got caught here in the station, that would be it for both of them. He decided if he was going to do anything at all, he would at least wait until they got to his house where no one would catch them.

"I hope so...I mean...maybe there's already someone I'm falling for...but I guess I'm just worried there are some things keeping it from working out," Adrien sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He felt his heart jump a little as he said that, knowing he was hazarding giving away a secret. "How about you? Anyone you're falling for?" he smirked a little, waiting to see the answer she gave back. He saw her eyes try to brighten up with her remark, but they just could not bring themselves to. He tried to smile for her so she would smile too, but he did not know if it would work.

He laughed when she took the card. "Ice cream sounds good, but I still insist you use it for the whole trip," he walked over to the door and held it open for her. "After you, mademoiselle," he laughed, giving a corny French accent and continuing to hold the door open. Adrien wondered what the car ride would be like, both of them feeling this way, but not being allowed to pursue it in plain sight. He looked at her again, just thinking about how much he wished they could have something that everyone could see, but if they ever did, it would have to be a deep, dark secret.
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Jolene smiled at his words, sure he was talking about her. "There might be." She said, not coming right out with it. Was it because she saw him as a hero? The cop that came to take her away from the scary place, the cop that was taking her somewhere that she could be safe? No, she decided. It was the feeling of his arms around her in those quick, platonic hugs, the sight of his smile, the way he talked to her.

Her head shook when he said that he insisted that she use his credit card for the whole trip, a playful smile spreading over her lips as she walked for the door. "Alright. To Bloomingdale's." She teased, before walking out, looking around nervously at the other cops.

"What do you do with your spare time, Detective?" She asked, looking back at him as she walked. It was nice to just be able to talk to him. What she felt was wrong, for then, but she could be friends with him and it wouldn't be bad. She liked talking to him. He acted like she was a normal person, not the witness, not some spoiled rich girl. She could be herself, Jolene Tierney, the goofball, the flirt, the smart girl who sometimes said ditzy things.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by FliehVorDerDunkelheit! on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:59 am

As they walked to the car, Adrien told his fellow officers he was going to be taking her into his care while her parents were away. None of them protested, knowing he was an incredibly trustworthy person to let her go with. As they made it to and out of the door, he smiled. "My free time? I pretty much just relax. Read, watch TV, listen to music. Nothing too earthshattering. How about you?" He kept smiling as he opened her car door for her and helped her into the car. Putting his hands in his pockets momentarily as he walked around the car, he just thought about everything, nothing specific for too long, however.

In the car, he smiled and turned to look at Jolene as he started the car. The song "Troublemaker" by Weezer came on and he could not help but laugh. "Oh, yeah, that's totally me, don't you think?" Adrien laughed as he put the car into drive and started to move forward. Getting up to speed and onto the main road, he kept thinking about what could possibly happen with Jolene. The thought refused to leave his mind and he hated the idea of not at least giving it a shot in private.

As they pulled into the Bloomingdale's parking lot, he shut the car off and opened his door. Running quickly to the other side, he opened Jolene's door for her and helped her out of the car again, just trying to be a gentlemen. Adrien made sure she still had the credit card as they walked to the door of the store and went in. "Alright, sky's the limit. Find anything you want. Just let me know if you want me to stay put or go with you...I never really know what to do in stores like this."
FliehVorDerDunkelheit!
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:14 am

"Reading, watching TV, listening to music... I write." Jolene said, looking at him and smiling quickly. As she got into the car, she couldn't stop but think about what it would be like if he were doing all this for some other reason besides to keep her safe.

It would be nice. Tony, her ex, had never really liked going places with her. Instead, he wanted to stay at one of their houses and just 'mess around'. But, they had never really gotten along, so she hadn't been really upset when they'd broken up, instead she'd been pissed that he'd cheated on her.

When he pulled into Bloomingdale's her eyes widened and she was momentarily speechless. He'd taken her seriously?! As they walked in, she finally managed to get her voice back. "No, no." She said, shaking her head. "I was joking!" Reaching forward, she grabbed his hand, making a B-line for the exit into the mall. "You can stay with. It won't take me too long." She said, flashing him a quick smile, though she was still shocked. She found a Deb's, which was a great store and had far cheaper merchandise than Bloomingdale's and went in, still holding his hand.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next