The Cleansing (Seer + Syl)

Go down

The Cleansing (Seer + Syl)

Post by SeekingSeer on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:47 am

The wind was blowing ever so gently through the trees in the forest and it brought all the smells of the village with it. Baking bread, warm pastries, and of course, it brought the stench of human waste and bodies. It was the only thing that destroyed the wonderful day. Humans were pollutants and should be exterminated like ants. They shouldn't even have been created for all they did was destroy everything they touched with those greedy little hands of theirs.

Shiori took a step toward it and his fox like ears twitched as he listened to the leaves below his feet crunch. His ice blue eyes were narrow on the village as he watched the humans go about their day. He loathed them with every inch of his being. They had done nothing but destroy everything he found sacred and that was few as it was. They called him a demon? The only demons he saw in his eyes were those lowly worms that slithered away. Humans were weak and they gave themselves airs.

What he hated even more than just plain humans was the damn 'Saints'. They were nothing more that warrior priests. That in itself was a contradiction to nature. How could you be peace loving and gentle yet hold a sword and try to skewer your enemy in front of you? It was illogical yet they had their center in this very town. Shiori wanted to crush each and every one of them. He would make them pay for what they had done to him and his clan.

He turned his head away from the village and turned his attention to his companion. The two of them had met while they traveled and it was fortunate they did. They were able to kill one of those Saints together even if they were from different clans. They got along for the most part and they had a common goal in mind: Get their revenge on those who took away something they held dear.

"When do you want to enter the town?" he growled edgy.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cleansing (Seer + Syl)

Post by Syldoran on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:35 am

Keene stared down at the village, his dark green eyes narrowed in irritation. He watched a human child run by, chasing someone who was presumably a friend. He even held contempt for the children. None of them held any respect for the world around them at all; even the children would grow up to be the exact same way. It was disgusting.

He flicked a dark gray ear and brushed some black hair from his eyes as he thought. What exactly made the humans and demons so different? he wondered vaguely. For the most part, they all looked the same. They all walked on two legs, after all. Other than the often more detestable nature of the humans, Keene wasn't exactly sure why there had to be so much hatred. But, then again, he had his own reasons.

Keene looked over to his traveling companion. "Sometime soon," he said. "Once it starts getting a little darker. I don't want to run into one of those Saints again if it can be helped." Even if he and Shiori were capable of killing the Saints, as had been recently proved, Keene wasn't anxious to do it again, particularly when so many resided in the same town.
Syldoran
Foreshadow

http://syldoran.sheezyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:37 pm

"Good point, but once we start a killing spree the Saints will come running to the noise like beetles to dung. There has to be a way to get rid of them first. We could always try to lure them out. I can shape shift into something that could make them come running," Shiori said with a smirk. He leaned against the tree next to him and moved his aqua hair out of his face.

How many of the Saints where there anyway? They killed one so far. Could there be five? Maybe there was more. They were pretty strong demons, but could they really stand up against so many warriors at once? He didn't think so. He hated to admit it but the priests had quite a bit of skill in fighting a demon. Maybe they had some artifact that made them quicker than normal humans. That was always a possibility.

"Maybe I can get into their church and snoop around. I am sure they wouldn't mind a cat or a child wandering into the church. That way we can figure out what they are planning." Shiori crossed his arms over his chest as he strained his ears to catch something on the wind. As of yet, no noise from the village could be heard. They were too far away and above the it.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Keene curled a fist and rested his chin atop his knuckles as he thought. "I vote for the second idea," he said. "However, we do have to be careful. I don't know what all they can do, but they might be able to tell the difference between a couple of cats and a couple of demons pretending to be otherwise."

He moved to put his hands on his hips instead as he watched the village. "Stupid Saints," he added, just to please himself with an insult. "Anyway, if we can find out if they're planning to do anything, we can work against it later. No matter what we do, they'll come running when we start our raid, so we might as well see what we can get first."

Keene sighed softly as he kept his gaze on the village. It would be nice if he could go into one place without the fear of being killed, he noted blankly to himself. Food was a lot easier to find when you didn't have to look for it. Humans had it pretty easy.
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Shiori nodded to Keene. His silver fox tail twitched as did his ears. He sniffed the air once more to make sure nothing had changed in the past few moments. He turned to the Sanctuary which was the Saints' head courters. He growled low in his throat. They considered it so sacred, but they had no problem trampling things that were holly to others.

"I say we go in now. There are some that are probably walking on patrol. One of us can tail them with the other goes into the actual sanctuary. That way we will glean more information from them. Don't you think so?" he stated and turned his narrowed eyes on Keene. He was eager to go down into the village.

While they were there, they could also sneak some easy picked food. It beat hunting for every meal of the day and why bother hunting when the worms supplied you with it? He grinned in anticipation of it. He would steal from the sanctuary. They had the best food anyway. The Saints really believed themselves to be holly so expected high treatment.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:25 am

Keene nodded in agreement. "I like that idea," he announced. He began shifting his weight from one foot to the other, beginning to grow anxious to get into town. He wanted to get started, but he knew much better than to charge into any situation. Not that it always stopped him from doing so, but with so many Saints in this town, he could get killed just for standing where he was.

He paused, though, as he thought of something else. "Hey, do you think every Saint is as bad as the others?" he asked; it was a somewhat random question, but he couldn't help thinking it. The thought had popped into his head, unbidden, and he felt obliged to ask his companion's opinion. "I mean, I know most of them don't give a damn about what they do and have egos bigger than the villages they 'protect,' but do you think maybe there's just a couple who think differently than the rest? Like, the odd ones out."

As he waited for a response, Keene began his anxious weight-shifting again. Occasionally his ear would flick, another less-obvious sign of his eagerness. He wanted food, and he wanted the thrill of the kill. No matter what random thoughts he might have about the potential kindness of a random human, it would take a lot more to overrule his desires.
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Shiori looked over at Keene out of the corner of his eyes. Not as bad as the others? What the hell was he talking about? They were all bad. If they signed up to be saints, why would they be any different? They would all have the same damned mentality. It had been engraved in their little brains that anything and everything that was different, was unholy. He would make them see his pain.

"They are all Saints, they are all evil. It is the whole organization. People sign up for a reason and they all are the same. I haven't met a single one of them who wasn't rotten to the core. Are you having second thought about this?" Shiori asked and turned his head to face him.

His eyes narrowed and he waited for his companion's response. How could he loose heart so quickly? They were right there! So close... Could he trust him if the Saints came running at them and said they were friends? No. That couldn't be true. They helped each other before. He was just jumping to conclusions now.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:27 am

"Of course I'm not!" Keene immediately retorted. His ears fell flat against his head, showing his anger at the accusation. He loosed up again, though, and the ears dared to perk forward. "I'm just saying . . . I met a demon once who claimed to have made friends with a human. I never saw the actual human, but the demon really didn't seem to have anything against humans themselves unless they did something to him first. He was kinda the odd one out when you think about it, so I just thought maybe there was a human somewhere like that. Maybe more than one. You never know, there's so many."

Keene had already sense that Shiori thought his question foolish, so he coughed a little to clear his throat and looked back at the village. Perhaps he shouldn't have asked, he thought privately to himself. But he still wanted an honest answer out of his companion. There was a little something in the back of his mind that actually hoped for a positive reaction. He didn't want to think every human was bad. Maybe the vast majority, but . . . he wouldn't mind getting to know a kinder one personally.

The wolf demon shook his head, trying to rid himself of the thoughts. He could nurse the notions in private, but it was foolish with Shiori, particularly when they were on the threshold of a raid. Again Keene turned his thoughts toward the pleasures to be had when the attack took its course. That was what was important. Besides, how likely was he ever to meet a human that was that trustworthy?
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 am

Shiori listened to his companion slightly amused and half thoughtful. Could he be telling the truth? A kind human. Huh. That was a thought. He had yet to see such a bizarre thing, but was it really possible? He hadn't known enough humans to give an accurate answer to his friend. Shiori glanced over at the village again with new mixed feelings. Maybe children were more innocent than their parents. They were still learning the way of the world.

"Honestly? I don't know. I don't socialize with them so I couldn't tell you. But maybe their kids. I mean, they are growing so they don't know what to think. Their parents sculpt their reactions like our parents sculpted us. As for this friend of yours who deals with a human, I don't know. I don't believe humans beside kits are good natured and gentle. It’s best to put such thoughts behind now."

He turned away from Keene and walked closer to the edge of the little cliff they were standing on and scanned the smoke coming out of the houses. "We should leave when you are ready. I am already prepared for the raid. Remember, first we glean information and then meet back here. Maybe with some food. Then we decide our course of action. Got it?" he asked.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:56 am

Agreeing that there were more important matters, Keene shoved the thoughts to the back of his mind. He definitely looked forward to gathering some food. Besides that, no matter what odd little doubts he may have, he wanted his own revenge on at least a couple of humans, and the raid was going to provide that satisfaction. Still, though, he couldn't help a slightly pleased feeling. Shiori agreed--to some minor extent.

"Got it," he replied to the plan of action. "I'm ready to go." A smile began to pull at the corners of his lips as he thought further again on the raid. He was slightly impatient, knowing that they would have to wait until after making a full plan, but it was going to be well worth the delay later.

With this thought encouraging him, Keene briefly scanned the cliff for a way down. Finding a relatively gentle path (at least in comparison to the sharp drop off the edge), he turned away and began making his way toward the village. As he went, he began thinking of ideas for a good disguise while among the humans. Nobody would notice a dog, he was sure, and it was much more preferable to Shiori's mentions of a cat or child; he didn't much like either.
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:32 pm

"Good," Shiori answered simply. He followed Keene closely and kept his eyes and ears open for any other sound in the clearing. His stomach grumbled a little but he quickly quieted it. He hated being hungry and the prospect of having food so close to him made it all the more painful. He would soon have food in his belly so there was no point in having his stomach growl.

Once they were close to the village, Shiori stopped. "Time to morph," he informed Kenne. With a silver light, Shiori's shape began to shift. He started to shrink until he wasn't visible anymore in the tall grass. Once the change was complete, Shiori jumped around and squeaked. A little mouse ran up Keene's leg and rested on his shoulder. Its whiskers tickled his throat as Shiori settled.

No one will notice a mouse and I can get into things quicker. What will you morph into? he asked mentally.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Keene shifted a little uncomfortably and lifted a hand to rub at his tickled throat. He was careful not to knock Shiori from his shoulder by accident, lest he injure the mouse somehow. That would make the upcoming mission a bit more difficult.

"A dog, I think," he replied out loud. "Nobody will think anything of a dog looking around for food . . . while listening to conversations and such." He knelt down on one knee so that the shift wouldn't be as shocking from the height change, then, forgetting about Shiori for a moment, began his own shift. A similar light veiled Keene briefly as his body began to shrink down. A few seconds later, in Keene's place stood a shaggy black dog.

Whew. Been a little while since I've done this, he said, shaking his head a little.
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Shiori nodded his rodent head and moved out of the way when Keene reached up to scratch his neck. Once Keene started the change, Shiori squeaked and clung to him. He didn't want to be knocked off and then squished under his companion's weight. Once the change was complete he retracted his claws and scurried onto Keene's head.

You look fine. Looks like you did this your whole life! Shiori said and would probably have been smiling if he could. Let's go. You lead the way. Otherwise you will squish me, he advised. He twitched his tail and moved his ears to get a better grip of his new body. He had never taken the shape of a mouse or anything this small before. Rodents were something he ate, not become. He was quite low on the food chain now but it would have it uses.

Don't get distracted he stated even if he didn't have to.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Keene made a quiet, huffing sound that could be translated as laughter in his canine form. Don't fall off, he replied back in good humor as he began trotting down into the village. He wagged his tail and perked his ears forward as he went, appearing all the part of a cheerful mutt. It took some effort to accomplish this; it had been a fair amount of time since he'd shifted into anything four-legged.

As he made his way into the village, his senses were assaulted by the scents and sounds. He lifted his nose to the air and sniffed, pleased by the aromas of food but otherwise disgusted by the odors of the humans. He trotted along the path at a casual pace, looking around and observing everyone.

So where should we start? Keene asked his companion, pausing once at another interesting scent coming from a nearby shop. Anywhere in particular, or just see what happens?
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum