What's your opinion on dieting and working out?

Go down

What's your opinion on dieting and working out?

Post by LunarScorpio on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:41 pm

What do you think about working out? Do you do it? If you do it, why do you do it? What do you think about dieting? Do you think some people go a little overboard with it, or do you think more people should do it? These are just some things that have been on my mind as of late because my fiancé and I have recently been working out and dieting since the beginning of this year.

We originally started working out because we needed to take a PE class in college. We ended up taking weight training along with a health class (which was also required). So, we ended up learning a lot when it came to health and how to take care of ourselves better. Admittedly, we weren’t the healthiest people to begin with, but with the weight training and health class we unconsciously started watching what we ate. And then it became more conscious as we went on.

After we finished our weight training and health class, we took about a month break from working out and then decided to continue working out and getting more healthy during the summer. So, we both got ourselves gym memberships and began to work out twice a week (Wednesday and Fridays) and started watching what we ate more. Along with that, my fiancé found out that he had high blood pressure which needed to be changed, so that helped put pressure on us to start eating a bit better. We now watch how many calories we take in a day and (for him at least) how much sodium intake.

We’re feeling a lot more healthy thanks to working out and watching what we eat. We’ve become very knowledgeable when it comes to staying healthy and working out. So yeah, I guess that about sums it up! So, share your stories and opinions on dieting and working out, both healthily and unhealthily.
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

http://familyvent.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What's your opinion on dieting and working out?

Post by Some Guy Here on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:07 am

Uhhh...well...portion control, as my mom says. I lost 25 lbs over the previous summer and I kept it off ever since. Also exercise I guess.

Some Guy Here
Unreliable Narrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthullhu on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 am

Very nice.

Me? I'm very bad at losing weight. Mind you, I'm not overweight, but that extra little layer that stands between me and a flat belly really pisses me off. It takes me ages to lose weight. If I leave anything sugary for a month, and work out twice a week, it takes me around two months to lose as much as a kilo - 2 lbs or so.

At which time I'll probably do something stupid. Beginning of summer, my mom forced me along on vacation - sitting around a pool with almost unlimited food and a lot of "Eat more, we paid for this shit!". Needless to say, I gained more than all I'd lost that year.

*sigh* Flat belly, you'll always be a dream.

Cthullhu
A Contradiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Satan2.0 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:39 pm

I accidently diet.
>.>
<.<

From either staying up all night with Jesus, playing videogames, losing track of time till it's allready been like three days and we realize we haven't eaten anything.

As for exercise, my mom and I go to Water Work outs every tuesday, and Thursday... Except this week cause my classes inturpted our schedule.
Satan2.0
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Technically, I should be dieting and exercising a little more, 'cause I'm a little overweight . . . but I have no willpower whatsoever. XD

People tend to go overboard a lot when it comes to dieting, I think. Basically, portion control and watching what you eat is the best thing you can do. I'm going to attempt this as the school year goes--I got into a major fitness class, so I might as well try a little diet change, too. I'd much like to lose weight, and if I have to exercise for an hour a day for five days a week to get a grade, willpower isn't as much a big deal. >3>
Syldoran
Foreshadow

http://syldoran.sheezyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down