What's your psych career goal?

Go down

What's your psych career goal?

Post by LunarScorpio on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Alright, you’re interested in psychology. You want to, or already are, majoring in it. So, what is it you want to do after you’re finished? What is your career goal when it comes to this field?

Personally, I’m not entirely positive as to what I want to do when I get my psych degree. I’m debating between working in a clinic or in a private office. I’m going to be (hopefully) interning in the upcoming spring semester. That’s going to be in one of two clinics. So, I’m hoping to get a better grasp of exactly how a clinic runs. I think I would enjoy working in a clinic or working in a private practice. Age wise, I don’t have a preference really. I wouldn’t mind working with children and adolescents (which is what the internship will be working with), but I wouldn’t mind working with adults as well.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

http://familyvent.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What's your psych career goal?

Post by SeekingSeer on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:43 pm

hmm.... I would say that my goal would be somewhere within the bounds of social psychology researcher and geneticist. They kinda relate to each other when it comes to mutations and certain psychological problems. I don't want to work in a clinic or at a hosptial but I would mind working there. Does that make sense? I am still kinda in between.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMarai on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:04 am

I'm not really sure either, but I think I'd like to teach it. At a higher level of course-- college level preferred. Or maybe work in a hospital, though I'm not sure if that's best. Apparently bed-sitting the suicidals is really tough, and I'm a very tiny female.
    Though I refuse to work with children. Developmental psychology may be fascinating, but I just really don't like kids.

But this is all still up in the air. I haven't even started on it yet, and won't for at least another year.
SinMarai
SinMarai
Chicken Scratch

http://sinmarai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down