Every Other Weekend ~Seer & Leigh~

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Every Other Weekend ~Seer & Leigh~

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:35 am

Elizabeth Baker parked her 2009 Ford F150 in the small parking lot in the park halfway between her house and her ex-husband's. Cheyenne and Connor were playing around in the back, and she could hear the three year old little girl's laugh coming in a sweet series. She loved hearing her children laughing, and when she was working, and was away from the three and five year old, she always felt like she was missing something. But, she had to make a living and their uncle always took such wonderful care of them.

The brunette got out of the big truck and opened the door to the back. She smiled at the blonde girl and the dark haired little boy and jumped up to start unbuckling car seats. A large brown bunny was thrown into her face and she laughed with the little girl as Connor was released from his carseat and the daredevil jumped out of the high truck. Holding the bunny between her teeth, Elizabeth unbuckled Cheyenne and held her as she jumped down, closing the door before putting her down and handing over the bunny. "I'll grab your bags, stay close, Daddy will be here soon." She promised them, looking at her watch.

She thought about her ex-husband as took the bags out of the bed of the truck. It wasn't hard for her feel sad. Not only was she going to be without her children for an entire weekend, but just seeing the man she loved made her sad. She had expected to spend the rest of her life with him, and in the blink of an eye, he was gone, and she was alone. Still, she saw him every other weekend, and she dreamed every other weekend night. It wasn't fair that he was able to move on so easily, and she was left to dream. She dated, just as she knew he did, but she never found anyone like him.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Re: Every Other Weekend ~Seer & Leigh~

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:48 am

Alexander rushed out of his house and tried to pull on his jacket that just didn't seem to want to go on. He was running late and he couldn't help but argue with himself as to why. He had been working and he had fallen asleep. What a lame excuse. He shouldn't be late! His short blond hair was a mess from sleeping and managed to get into his eyes every second.

He got into his silver Honda and started up the engine. He pushed his hair back away from his face and pulled out of the drive way. He pushed the speed limit and hoped the police wouldn't notice. He had to get there on time. His kids were waiting for him and so was his ex. His heart tightened at the thought. His ex. He wished she wasn't his ex. He wanted to be with her every day. Why had everything gone so wrong?

Now he only saw his children and his ex-wife every other weakened and it hurt. That was so little time to spend with them. He wanted to spend every moment with them. He always wanted to make Elizabeth come home with him, try to amend things, but he never said a word. He was afraid of breaking her heart again if something went wrong and he didn't want to face rejection. He would just keep his mouth shut.

He checked the clock and gave a sigh of relief when he pulled up on the curve. He was only five minutes late. He got out of the car and realized he hadn't needed a jacket. It was a nice day. He pulled it off and a smile spread on his lips as he saw his little girl and boy run around in their play. They always warmed his heart. He leaned against his car and waited to see how long it would take them to notice he was standing there.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:09 am

Elizabeth put the kids' bags beside the truck holding a well loved white teddy bear in her arms. She was running her hands over the soft and slightly ragged fur on the bear with a small smile on her face. She was glad to see that they were having fun. There was once a time where they would cry on the weekends. And then when they were a bit older, nd began to really look forward to their visits with their father, and he was late, they'd cry because they were afraid he wasn't going to come. And they cried when they had to leave him.

Cheyenne ran around with Connor, trying to get him to play with Mr. Floppy. She giggled when she had the rabbit in his face and he tried to get away from it. "Leave me alone." He said, before pushing his little sister. The girl fell on her bottom and started to cry, clutching her rabbit tightly.

"Connor! Don't push your sister!" Elizabeth called, starting over, before she saw Alexander's car. It seemed like Cheyenne saw it at the same time, because she stopped crying and pushed herself up, laughing sweetly. She ran for the parking lot and her father.

"Daddy!!" She called, making her mother smile, and her brother look over. The five year old smiled widely before following at a run.

"Daddy!" He yelled.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:14 pm

He watched the two run around and chuckled when little Cheyenne managed to get the rabbit in Connor's face. The smile quickly fell from his face when she fell to the ground. He ran forward but it turned out he didn't need to. She ran to him and he smiled at her. She was so happy! He kneeled down and spread his arms before catching her in his embrace.

"Hi sweetie. How are you? You okay?" Then Conor was there and he wrapped his other arm around Conor. "I missed you two!" he said and kissed them both. He glanced up at Elizabeth and his heart ached. Why couldn't they be a family again? Because he was stupid. Because of him their family was split in two and he hardly ever got to see any of them.

"Anything new happen at your Mom's?" he asked them and looked into their sweet faces. They were full of smiles and pink from their running. He never wanted to let them go. Never wanted to loose them. He wouldn't let that happen.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Elizabeth had to smile as she watched Alexander with their children. She was sure that if they hadn't been divorced for two years, it would have been a common sight, seeing him hugging them, and their faces grow into large smiles, brighter than the sun. If only she could have been different, knowing now that it had just being post-partum depression that made her act like she did, she would have gone for help. But instead, she had yelled and blamed everything on Alexander, when he'd just been trying to do the right thing.

"We got a puppy!" Connor answered as his little sister cuddled closer to her father, her thumb sticking in her mouth, looking up at him with wide blue eyes. "We named him Butch, and he's a street Bernard."

Elizabeth had to laugh, and it was even strained, as she walked over to them. "Saint Bernard, Con." She corrected, holding two back packs, a pink and a green, in her hands. "He saw the S.T on Butch's papers and associates it with street." She explained, smiling down at her ex-husband. It took all she had to hide the love she felt for him. All she wanted to do was reach forward, take his hand, kiss him, like the old days, but those would never come.

"Butch sleeps with me!" Cheyenne called out, smiling brightly, to get the attention on her. "He's my best friend!" Elizabeth laughed again and leaned forward to kiss the little girl's cheek.

"Of course he is." She said. "Besides Mr. Floppy of course." She pointed out. "Do you two have everything?" They nodded. "Good. Con, you have your tooth for the tooth fairy?" She asked and he nodded vigorously, patting his pocket. "Okay, come hug me before you go." She told them, holding her arms out for them to give her the hugs. They ran over to her, though Cheyenne left the bunny in the capable hands of her father.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:39 pm

"A puppy? That's great!" Alexander smiled and waited for Conor to tell him the breed. He blinked a little confused. A Street Bernard? He had only heard of a Saint Bernard. Had there been an update on breeding? That's when Elizabeth corrected him and Alexander couldn't help but laugh. "I like Street Bernards. They are such lovable little dogs..." Alex mused.

"He sleeps with you? Wait till he gets bigger. Then you will be squished in your bed. He'll even take your pillow!" Alexander teased and tapped Cheyenne's nose with a smile. She was so adorable. The cutest little girl ever. He dreaded what would happen when she was a teenager. He would be sure to scare off any boys that tried to get her in bed. He knew too many of his friends who were players.

Then his attention was drawn to Conor. "You lost a tooth?" he felt guilty all over again. He missed seeing his boy loose a tooth! At least he would play 'tooth fairy' for him. "Don't worry. The fairy will know exactly where you are and leave you something. Did you pull it out yourself?" he asked as he took the backpacks and opened his car's trunk and put them down. He closed it and turned back to the kids and Elizabeth. They hardly spoke anymore... did she hate him?
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:51 pm

As Elizabeth held her kids and kissed them, she looked up at her ex-husband, wishing that she could say something. She wanted to make him see that she loved him, but that wasn't going to happen. He couldn't love her back, not after everything that she did to him. She couldn't stop that he was the most wonderful man that she'd ever known.

"I did! I was playin' with it, and I grabbed it and it came out!" He said, his gestures exaggerated. "So, now, the tooth fairy is going to break into your house and give me money!" He said as he ran from his mother back to his father. Elizabeth had told him the way things worked and he had equated it to breaking into the house.

"Sorry." Elizabeth said as she carried Cheyenne to her father. "He seems to thing that everything like that is a 'break in' situation." She told him, holding the three year old to be taken by her father. "Did you want to have separate parties for Cheyenne's birthday? Or I can have a big one at the house." She suggested, blushing slightly at the suggestion.

Cheyenne's arms reached forward for her father, exclaiming "Daddy!" Trying to get his attention. "Are you going to get a puppy too?" She asked as she reached for him, "Because I need someone to sleep with now. Me and Mr. Floppy will get lonely."
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Alexander laughed at Conor's interpretation of the tooth fairy. He shook his head amused and opened the passenger door for the kids. He took Cheyenne into his arms when she reached for him and kissed her head. He hoisted her up onto his side so he could hold her with one hand as he listened to her question and Elizabeth's.

"Well I think separate parties. That way they will feel special. You don't have to do it alone. I could help out," he added to her. Then he faced Cheyenne and debated. "Hm... No, I don't think I’ll get a puppy. If you get lonely you could always come sleep with me. You can pretend I am Butch," he grinned and put her in the car.

He motioned for Conor to get inside as well. "Buckle up you two." Then he turned to Elizabeth in that familiar awkward silence. It was always like that when they traded the kids off. He bit his lip thinking and finally gave in. He hugged her briefly, but still hugged her. "See you later Liz. Take care of yourself..." he said before he got into the driver's seat and buckled himself in. He turned to the kids with a smile. "You guys ready?"
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:32 am

Elizabeth was about to open her mouth to correct him, and point out that she was only talking about Cheyenne. On her second birthday they'd had two parties for her, one at Alexander's house and one at hers, with Mommy and Daddy separated. But, he was getting them in before she could say anything.

She was shocked by the hug, and felt her heart beating wildly at the simple touch. She hugged him back, closing her eyes for that second before he pulled away. "By, Alex." She said, watching him go before getting into her own car.

The kids nodded excitedly. They waved at their mother, both sad about leaving her and happy about spending time with their father. "Can we have pizza for dinner tonight, Daddy?" Connor asked, and Cheyenne made a face.

"No, Connor! I want pascetti!!!" She said, throwing the rabbit at him as he helped her buckle securely into her carseat. He threw the rabbit back and sat down, buckling himself into his own.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:55 pm

"Hmm...." Alexander debated them for a moment. They both wanted a type of 'bread and sauce' so why not create a combination of both? He was an okay cook. His food came out just fine but he had always gone by the book. What would happen if he decided to make something up for just his two little kids? A grin played across his lips at the thought.

"How about, I make a pascetti pizza?" he asked putting their words together. It was worth a shot and it would be so much easier than making two whole different dishes. Their basis was the same after all.

He turned away from them and started up the car. He backed up away from the curve and started to maneuver his way back home and glanced in the mirrors to catch one last glimpse of Liz. She looked so sad and alone standing there... just by herself... he wanted to go back and pick her up but restrained his urge and tried to hear what the kids were saying.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Elizabeth finally got into her car, sighing softly to herself. It took her some time of just sitting there, before she pulled away and started driving from the park and back to her house. She just wished that she could be with them, her husband and her children.

Cheyenne laughed and nodded, hugging her rabbit close to her body. "Pascetti pizza! Pascetti Pizza!" She said, looking at her father through the rear view mirror. She smiled happily, having missed her daddy the whole time that they'd been apart. She always missed her daddy, just like she missed her mommy when she was gone.

Connor wrinkled his nose, a gesture that was just like his mother, before he shrugged. "Okay." He said, looking away and then back at his father. The five year old, who always acted a bit older, with his father gone and having to take care of his little sister and his mother. After a second, he adjusted his shoulders, as if trying to sit like the man, and even messed up his hair discreetly.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Alexander chuckled softly as he looked at his kids in the bask seat. They were so cute. He caught Conor's gesture and the smile stayed on his lips. He was so happy to have them coming home with him. He just wished he could always come home to them and Liz. Help them with their homework, pick them up for activities... he gave a small inward sigh and focused on the rode before he swerved into the wrong lane.

He parked in his driveway and cut the engine. He came to the backseat and helped them out of the car before he grabbed their backpacks. His mind wasn't on the task though. He was still trying to figure out how he could see them more often. Maybe if he moved closer? But then Liz would be angry with him... wouldn't she? He would have to talk to her about it.

"We're home. Go wash up and then come into the kitchen. You guys can tell me anything and everything you want me to know. Conor, put your tooth under your pillow. Make sure it’s safe so the tooth fairy can get to it tonight when you are sleeping," he advised as he walked them into his homey two story abode.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Connor and Cheyenne nodded excitedly as they got out of their car seats. Then, they were running to the home that they were beginning to know. Connor ran to his room, putting the front tooth under his pillow, and patting the plush piece before hurrying to the bathroom after his sister to wash his hands.

He pulled out the pink stool and the blue one, and helped his little sister onto herself before climbing up on his. "Wash really good, Annie, or Daddy will make us do it again." He said, dispersing the sweet smelling soup onto his sister's hands then his own, starting the water.

When they were done, Cheyenne grabbed Mr. Floppy, before running behind her brother, down the stairs and into the kitchen. They both stood on either side of their father, talking at once.

"Today in school, Mrs Martinez read us the Perky Little Puppy, and Abby Moore started saying how she could read it and when she started too, it was upside down!" Connor said with a happy laugh.

"Butch tried to eat Mr. Floppy's head this morning!" Cheyenne said as her brother talked, holding the rabbit up.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:43 pm

Once the kids went into the bathroom to wash up, Alexander went to the kitchen to start making the food. He washed his own hands before he went to the freezer and pulled out a cheese pizza and set it on the counter. He pulled out the spaghetti and let the water boil. He was waiting for the first bubbles to appear when his two goof balls came to him and started to speak at the same time.

"Whoa! I can't understand you both at once. This is all I got from it: Today in school Perky Little Puppy eat Mr. Floppy started too, it was upside down. That doesn't make any sense does it?" he said before the water started to boil. He put the pasta into the water before he turned back to his kids. Then he realized they were extremely close to him. He tried not to step on their feet as he moved around.

"So one at a time, what happened?" he asked.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:01 am

The two burst into giggles at what their father said. So, while Connor started to tell his story again, Cheyenne lifted her arms up for her father to pick her up, Mr. Floppy hanging down from one arm.

"Today, in class, Mrs. Martinez was reading us the Perky Little Puppy. It was a book about a puppy that was really happy and loved to play! And Abby told everyone that she could read it herself! So, Mrs. Martinez gave her the book so she could read it! And when she started... The book was upside down! She wasn't really reading it!" He started to laugh at his story again. "She always acts like she knows everything."

Cheyenne, wanting to tell her story, made a face and squeaked, wanting to be held by her father. "Butch tried to eat Mr. Floppy this morning while Mommy was getting ready for work. She's going to be by herself on the radio." She said, smiling widely.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Alexander laughed at the stories. He remembered when he had tried to read a book to his parents and had read it upside down. No on realized at first and thought he forgot how to talk or use his words. It was quite a fun experience. He opened his mouth to say something when Cheyenne started telling him how Butch nearly ate her Mr. Floppy.

"Conor, I hope you didn't make fun of Abby. It's not nice to make fun of them. Even if she thinks she is a know-it-all. Okay? Cheyenne, Butch will be biting a lot of things. Don't put Mr. Floppy where he can chew it."

He lifted her up into his arms and stirred the pasta with his free hand. He winced at her weight when he maneuvered her to his side. She was growing and growing too fast. His heart throbbed at the thought. His kids were growing up and he hardly got to take part in their lives. He regretted every mistake he had ever made. Alexander sighed and looked at the kids with a sad smile. Conor was getting pretty big to. Pretty soon they'll be in high school and he would have missed out on quite a few things.

"Would you two like it if Mommy and Daddy lived closer together?" he asked. Of course they would, but he still wanted to hear it.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:40 pm

Cheyenne laughed happily as she cuddled close to her father. She held Butch to her chest as her thumb went to her mouth. She laid her head on his shoulder and nodded when he said to keep the rabbit away from where the puppy could chew on it.

Both children lit up when he asked if they would like their Mommy and Daddy living closer together. They couldn't remember a time that their father lived with them, instead they just knew their current situation. To have him closer would be a dream come true.

"YEAH!" They said in unison. Then, Connor spoke up and spoke his mind.

"But, Daddy, why don't you live with us like Marshal's daddy lives with him?" He asked, looking up at his father, his smile not quite gone but not as bright.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:47 pm

A warm smile creped up on his lips. His kids were so excited about the prospect. Which meant one thing: time to move and talk to Mom. He shouldn't have said anything until he had things set in motion. Maybe that was one of the reasons things didn't work out. He didn't always think things through. He was too spontaneous for that. Who had time to plan? Smart people.

Conor's question shouldn't have caught him by surprise, but it did. He frowned a little and tried to make something up to tell him. He didn't want Conor thinking it was because of him or something. "It's a little complicated Con. You'll understand when you are older, but it had something to do with work and stress. It has nothing to do about you guys. I love you guys and so does Mommy. We want you two to be happy all the time, okay?" he said and hoped he said the right thing.

He wasn't all that prepared to have kids but when they came along, he tried to change and be a better husband and father. It didn't work so well on the husband end, but he hoped he was doing well about being a Father. He spoiled them. That was for sure. He couldn't help himself though. He didn't get to see them often so spoiling them seemed like a good idea.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:09 pm

Cheyenne really didn't understand the question, so when he said that he wanted them to be happy, she smiled around her thumb and cuddled closer to him. She only knew that she was happy when she was with her daddy and she was happy when she was with her mommy. She just wished they could be together so that she could be happy with all of them.

"Oh..." Connor said, frowning. He couldn't help but wonder what the 'work and stress' was. Had there been something stressful at his work? Or had there been something at home? Was it him and Annie? No, he loved them too much. After a second, he smiled and hugged his father's leg. "Okay, Daddy. I love you."

Elizabeth walked into her house and looked around. It was too quiet. She wished that there was something that she could do, but with the kids gone, she couldn't think of anything. Instead of turning on the T.V, she went into the kitchen, poured herself a glass of wine, and started a microwave pasta dinner for herself.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:02 pm

"I love you to Conor, Cheyenne. Now go play. I need to finish making the food or I will end up burning something." Alexander put Chey down and turned to the food. He put the pizza into the oven and poured the spaghetti into the sink while he made the sauce that he was going to smear on the pizza. He wondered what Elizabeth was making to eat briefly. He remembered a time they tried to cook each other food. Back then, he burnt everything. He smirked and shook his head at the thought.

Within minutes, the pasta was ready and he was waiting on the pizza. He watched the bread slowly rise as the minutes ticked by. It was so slow yet so fast. Just like real life did. He sighed and bit his index finger like he always did when he was at a cross road between decisions. He walked over to his phone and quickly dialed Elizabeth's number. He needed to hear her voice... hear her guidance as usual and hopefully she didn't yell at him through the phone.

"Pick up... pick up..." he muttered under his breath nervously. Would she hate it that he wanted to live closer to her? If she objected, he would tell her it was just for the kids. Just so they could be happy and have both their parents there for them. Maybe he could help out with school or something. He wouldn't mind if she came to him for help too.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 pm

Cheyenne pouted at being put down, but she quickly recovered and ran into the living room, Connor nor far behind. The two laughed, but started to argue halfway there about what they were going to play, and what movie they were going to watch that night.

"We always watch Bolt when we come over." Connor complained. "I don't want to watch that stupid movie. I want to watch The Incredibles." He said, pouting slightly as he got some coloring books out.

Elizabeth heard the phone ringing and got up, carrying her glass of wine with her. "Hello?" She said after the third ring. She looked at the caller ID after setting her glass down and sitting down. It was... Alex. She almost gasped, but managed to keep it in as she waited for his response.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:37 pm

He seemed a little frozen when she answered. He was tongue tied once more. His conversations always started this way. "er... uh-Hi. Um... well." His mind kept changing what it wanted to say so he ended up saying nothing at first much to his annoyance. He sighed frustrated and sat down at the table. He rubbed his forehead trying to get a clear thought and actually speak instead of sounded like a blabbering idiot.

"Hey Liz. I was thinking for a while now, and I talked to the kids... I was thinking I should move... closer to your house. That way the kids could get to be easier when they need it or you can talk to me or something and I cam be more involved in their lives. I hate being so 'far' away from the family. I hardly see them... and it hurts to not be part of the family really," he said a little quick in the phone.

He bit his finger again and waited for her response. He didn't know what to expect from her anymore. "I... hope you don't mind me being close. I had actually seen a house up for sail next door... I don't have to if you don’t want to see me." He swallowed hard at the last comment.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Elizabeth smiled at his awkward start, he always got nervous, which gave her a few minutes to get herself together. Otherwise, she knew that she would be stammering as well.

"Hey, Alex." She said, playing with the tall glass that was still half filled with wine. She listened to him talking, still sounding slightly befuddled. She thought that was cute, though she wouldn't say it.

Finally, he was done, and while she was still smiling, she tried not to let it show in her voice. "You want to move closer to us?" She asked to clarify. "Well, I think that's a good idea, actually. The kids could go see you more often. They do miss you." She said, wanting to scream out that she missed him as well. But, she didn't, she remained quiet and bit her lip. "Where is that house you saw? Do you need.. Me to go look with you sometime? Maybe the the four of us could go?" She offered.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:00 am

"You want to move closer to us?" Alexander squeezed his eyes shut. Her tone didn't sound too happy and his heart was beginning to drop. Did she really hate him that much? What had he done to get such a negative response from her? Did he really upset her when they were together? He let her have everything in the divorce! He sighed before she went on.

Immediately he smiled even thought she wouldn't be able to see him. "Awesome. Good. Okay. I don't remember where exactly but it was really close by. It's a little pricey for me though. I am going to get a raise in my salary within a few months but waiting that long gets me really edgy. I was also wondering if... I could… stay at the house until I can move in," as he continued to talk, his voice slowly got quieter and unsure again. She was going to say he was pushing it this time. He should have waited. He whacked himself in the head.

He smelled the pizza and something burning. He sniffed the air a few seconds before it clicked. "Oh shit!" he said by accident and ran to the oven. He quickly turned it off and like the idiot he was he reached for the pizza without a glove. He yelped and blew on his hand before it cooled down and he reached for it a second time with protection. He set the pizza down and was relieved that only the crust was slightly burnt. He picked the phone up and cleared his throat.

"Er-You still there?" he asked a little shaken.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:25 am

Elizabeth froze when she heard him ask if he could stay in the house, for a few months. That wasn't what the move 'closer' was supposed to mean. But.. She couldn't stop herself from smiling at the thought. Alex, living with them, again. It was like a dream, but it wasn't complete.

She heard him swear and blinked at the phone. Then, she heard the sound of an oven opening, it was a distinct sound, and then.. He yelped, and she giggled to herself. He never remembered that stupid glove.

"Yeah, I'm still here." She said, biting her lower lip. "Alex... I.. Is it that great of an idea for you to stay here?" She asked, looking at her drink and downing it. "I mean, you can, if you think that it would work. I just.. I don't want us fighting in front of the children." She explained, knowing that she would love him to stay with her, love having him close, but she'd want him there for good.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next