Every Other Weekend ~Seer & Leigh~

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Every Other Weekend ~Seer & Leigh~

Post by SeekingSeer on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:13 pm

He remained quiet on the phone for a few minutes thinking after he got over the initial frozen sense from hearing her talk about them arguing. It was true. He didn't want to fight in front of the kids either. It would make them sad and possibly think it was their fault that their parents were fighting. A thought like that was traumatizing. He didn't want to cause it in any shape or form, but would they really argue that much?

"Well... I honestly don't see what we would fight about..." He didn't think they would ever fight before but they had. And horribly. She had even slapped him on a few occasions. He touched his cheek at the thought and sighed. "I promise I won’t do anything to make you angry. I'll pay rent and half the bills. I'll even shop for food and supplies when you need it. I won’t infringe on your privacy or anything. As long... as long as we don't bring up things, I think we will be fine," he finally answered.

He wanted to be closer to her. He wanted to fix all the stupid mistakes he had made and make a better life with them. He wanted them all to be happy. He didn't want to fight with her. He never did... but when things got stressful, they picked at each other for no reason. He had often stayed out late so he didn't have to start another scandal, but just staying out brought on arguments. He shook his head. He needed to stop thinking about the negative.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:36 pm

Elizabeth could almost feel her heart stop as she listened to him, and she couldn't stop another smile. "Alex.." She didn't have anymore fight in her, it had been a pretty weak fight as it was, so when he fought back she lost all that would have made her stop him.

If only he'd been like that two years before. They could have been happy, and together forever. She had realized, not long after he left, how wrong she was. She couldn't blame him for the problems going on in her own body. She'd made his life miserable because she didn't see a problem with herself, it was just with him, she couldn't think that there was a chance that she was the one at fault. And when he stayed out all night, and she was sure he was cheating on her... Should she have just let it go? She was crazy then, and she hadn't been looking very good. Having a baby almost right after the first, she hadn't looked like the cheerleader she once was. But, she'd lost the one person who had loved her and that had really made her snap out of it.

"Alright." She said, still smiling, and it could probably be heard in her voice. "I'm sure the kids will like you living with us." She told him, keeping the fact that she would like it to herself. "When are you thinking of moving here?" she asked.

Last edited by HeavenLeighDahl on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding)
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:40 am

"Great!" he said a little too excitedly. He cleared his throat to give himself a moment to calm down and continue in a business like fashion to not let on he was thrilled by the idea that he would be living with them again. He just wished he was still married to her. Then everything would be picture perfect and he wouldn't have to worry about anything anymore. He smiled against the phone again. That was one thing he couldn't wipe away.

"I didn't really think about it hehe... you know me. I act then think. I just got the idea a few hours ago. It probably wasn't that long either. Umm... How about this week? I mean, it is kinda fast, and I don't have to move in that quickly!" he said trying to cover up. Why had he said a week? He was such an idiot. He slapped himself mentally and chewed on his lip. She would need time to prepare and he just jumped the gun.

He glanced over at the food. It was beginning to cool. He didn't want to kids to eat cold pizza and pasta. It would be much better warm. He needed to wrap up the conversation even if he didn't want to hang up the phone. "Actually... maybe we can talk about this on Sunday when you pick up the kids. The food is getting cold and they might be getting hungry on me. I want this to be a surprise so if they walk in and hear it, it won't me a surprise anymore."
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:44 am

Elizabeth almost fooled herself into thinking that he was excited about staying with her. But, she knew better. It was the children. They were the most important things to the two of them. Still, it would have been nice to know that he wanted to be around her. Maybe she hadn't made his life too terrible.

"Next week..." She said, thinking about it. There was one extra room in their house, they'd had her inheritance to buy the house and they had looked for something that would support a large family. They'd wanted a large family. And she still did. But, she didn't want anymore children with anyone else.

"Yeah, we will talk about this more on Sunday." She agreed before looking around. "You go feed the kids before they start chewing on the furniture." She said with a smile. "And Chey might actually do it. So watch out." She warned. "I will see you on Sunday, Alex. Have fun with the kids. Bye..." She said waiting for a reply before she hung up.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:57 am

He gave a sigh of relief when she didn't tell him he was out of his mind for being such an idiot for forgetting to plan things out. "Okay. Talk to you more on Sunday. I'll make sure they eat real food and not furniture. Good night," he answered her and hung up the phone. He gave a happy sigh. It felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulder by just speaking to her. She always had that affect on him for some reason.

He stood up and set up the pizza/pasta and put it down on the table for the kids. "Come and eat!" he called to them and cleaned off a few of the dishes in the sink before sitting down at the table. He looked over at the door and waited for the two to come running or walking in and be seated at the dinner table. He wondered what the food would taste like. Pretty much the same he guessed. It was still the same foundation.

Foundation. That single word brought his mind back to Liz and the fact that he was going to live with her and the kids again. Briefly, but he would still be living there. A smile came just as quickly as it left. He didn't want the kids to find out yet. As his mind wants, it started to wander and fantasize the time he would be spending at home and being around Liz. He wondered if things would be awkward.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:13 am

Cheyenne heard her father calling and laughed happily. "Come on, Connor!" She called before hurrying forward, out of the living room, her brother not far behind. She hurried into the kitchen and waved at her father. "Hi, Daddy!" She said, hugging his leg.

Connor followed his sister at a walk, sitting down on the other side of the table from his sister. "Daddy, can we watch The Incredibles tonight? I don't wanna watch Bolt again." He said, throwing a look at Cheyenne.

"But it has a puppy in it!" Cheyenne protested. "I wanna watch the puppy!" She said, stamping her foot. She glared at her brother for bringing it up, when she always watched Bolt with her Daddy.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Alexander looked down to see his little girl hugging his leg. For some reason, she did that quite often. He ruffled her hair as Connor started to ask him about the movie. He looked at the two trying to decide. He honestly didn't want to watch Bolt again. He already memorized half the lines from that movie. A change would be nice, but then Cheyenne would be sad. If he watched Bolt, Connor would be left out. Such a small matter, such a huge decision.

"Um... We could watch both." he suggested. "That means you guys can go to sleep later." He usually didn't allow them to sleep past ten. This would be a little exception. He wondered if they would be able to keep their eyes open to watch two movies. If not, they could always watch the second movie in the morning. He hoped they would both be happy with that prospect.

"Now sit down so we can start eating. We can talk about the movies once we are done," he said.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Cheyenne let go of her father's leg and smiled at him, before walking over to her seat and sitting down. "Mommy is gonna be on the rado alone!" She said excitedly. Elizabeth had been working as a daytime radio personality for the last year, and she'd finally been given her own show.

"It's not like we can listen to her, dummy." Connor said, adjusting himself in his chair. "We have school and daycare and they won't let that station play at daycare."

Cheyenne looked at her brother and her eyes began to tear up. "But... She said that she would tape it." She said in a quiet voice, before looking at her daddy for food.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Alex smiled at her as she went to sit down at the table. He picked up the plates and cut the pizza and pasta. He gave each a small slice to ensure that they would eat the whole thing and not waste food. It was a lot of bread after all. Once the initial food was set out Alex put away the pizza in the oven to keep it warm just in case anyone wanted more and moved to sit down when Connor called Cheyenne a dummy.

"Hey! Connor, be nice to your sister. You're making her cry." He went over to Cheyenne and caressed her face and moved her hair out of the way. "It's okay sweetie. I am sure Mommy recorded it so you will be able to listen to it when you go back home. No worries!" he said to her and hugged her.

He sat down once more and dug into the food. It was just as he expected; it wasn't much different but it did offer more sauce and cheese. Both of which he was happy about.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:32 am

Connor had started on his food, when his father reprimanded him. His blue eyes became slits as he looked from his father to his stupid sister. With a huff, the boy dropped his pizza, watching as his sister started to eat like nothing was wrong. The little attention hog was just trying to steal his Daddy away!

He threw down his pizza and stood up, knocking his plate to the ground. "She's always crying!" He said, stamping his little foot. "And you love her more! And I hate her!" With that said, he stamped away from the table and out of the kitchen, grabbing a vase and throwing it with all his might as he went, which really wasn't very hard.

As he stomped away, Cheyenne started to cry at her brother's mean words, putting the pizza down and dropping her hands. She wailed, her blue eyes filling with tears as she continued to sit there, and the tears spilled over, and down her chubby cheeks.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Alex's eyes widened in surprise at Connor's reaction. He always tried to be the soft spoiling father, but he wouldn't let Connor act this way either. He needed a bit of scolding. He turned to Cheyenne and hugged her again. He caressed her face and wiped the tears on her cheeks away. After he dealt with Cheyenne, he would go after Connor.

"Shh Sweetie. He didn't mean it. He was just angry. People say mean things when they are angry. I will be right back."

He stood up and walked out of the room to see Connor trying to break the vase he had on display. Thanks to the carpet, it didn't shatter and destroy the little decorative piece. He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes on Connor. He didn't like to punish the kids, but sometimes it was needed. Connor was overreacting. He cleared his throat to get the child's attention.

"Connor," he said in a authoritative tone. "You can't speak to your sister like that. This isn't about who I love more because I love you both the same. That was rude and very mean. As punishment, you loose your movie privilege and after dinner you have to stand in the corner," he ordered. During the conversation, Alex had gotten to his knees in front of Connor and kept eye contact with the boy. He kept his cold disposition even if he wanted to become the softy again. “And you will say sorry to your sister.”
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Connor folded his arms and looked at his usually soft father. He was trying to be stern, but Connor wasn't going to fall for it. His Daddy didn't love them nearly enough, and he loved Cheyenne more. He stomped his foot as he looked at him.

"You do not! And you can't punish me." He challenged. He was at that part of his life a bit too early, but he was rebelling. "Because only Mommy can punish me. You aren't around to do that." That said, he ran to his room.

He really hated yelling at his father, but he didn't like the thought of being punished a way other than how his mother did it. He loved his Daddy, but it wasn't working right.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:38 pm

There went that option. He was completely off guard at the rebellion his little son was giving him. He even yelled at him! Yeah he was soft, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to punish Connor. He stood up and walked to Connor's room and without knocking entered it. He walked over to Connor and turned him to face him. The stern look was still on his face.

"You want to be in your room? Fine. You can stay here but you aren't going to play with anything." He stood up again and unplugged the tv and locked the toy chest. "When you learn your lesson, come back down stairs and apologize to your sister," he stated and walked out of the room and closed the door. He needed to talk to Liz and figure out how she punished him.

He wasn't around enough, true. But he would be soon. He walked back to the kitchen and set to cleaning the mess Connor had made with his tantrum. Once it was all clean, he sat down to continue eating. "You okay honey?" he asked Cheyenne. She still looked a little put out. He didn't love Cheyenne more. He loved them both the same. She got more attention because she was the baby of the family. Connor was a little older after all.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Connor watched his father taking the T.V and locking the toys. After he left, he sat on his bed and glared at the door. "I WANT MY MOMMY!" He screamed, before laying on his bed and burying his face in his pillow, starting to cry.

Cheyenne started to eat sadly, nibbling on her pizza and half finishing it before her daddy came back. She nodded when he asked if she was okay, and finished her food. "Daddy... I don't mind watching the Incredibles." She said, looking up at her father. "Or.. Or we could watch a new one.." She told him. "Mommy let us watch James and The Giant Peach.. Or Beverly Hills Chihuahua."

She was trying to reason, because she hated her brother being upset and didn't like her daddy being upset either. But, she didn't understand what her big brother was saying.She didn't get that he wasn't angry about the movies.

Elizabeth finished her drink, and her dinner, grabbed a book and laid down. It was too quiet. She didn't like the quiet, because it meant that she was alone. No husband, and no children.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:45 pm

Alex pouted a little and ruffled her hair. He heard Connor scream and did his best to ignore it. This was the first time he had to punish Connor and hopped it would be the last. He gave a small smile to Cheyenne and shook his head. The little thing was trying to make her brother feel better even though he had insulted her.

"It's okay Cheyenne. It's not about the movies. We will see what happens later, okay? Let's let your brother calm down for a bit. Then we'll watch something. We could always watch a movie tomorrow to," he explained and finally managed to get through his meal. He was starved. And poor Connor didn't have his food. He felt guilty already. How could Liz put up with punishment? He was too soft.

Once he finished his food and washed Cheyenne's plate along with his own, he picked up Connor's food. He walked up to his room and gave a knock before he walked in and set down the food. "I figured you would be hungry so I brought it up for you," he said in his normal tone. He didn't have it in him to be stern right now.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Cheyenne was confused when he said that it wasn't about the movies. What else would it be. Was it Mommy? Because Mommy was recording her show for her? Connor was being weird. But, what did she 'spect? The boy was just plain strange.

Connor heard his father knock and open the door, but he didn't look up from where he was crying. He heard his saying that he thought he'd be hungry. He shrugged and sat up, grinding the tears out of his eyes with his fists.

"I'm sorry, Daddy..." He said, looking down at the bed. "But... I want you to live with Mommy, me, and Cheyenne." He said. "Why can't we be like every other family?" He asked, still not looking at his father.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Alex looked over at Connor who began to speak. A small smile appeared on his face at his words. Maybe he could move in with them when Liz came by. He could steadily move his stuff to his new home later. What mattered most was making sure that his kids and Liz where happy. They wanted him to come live with them and that was one thing he wanted most.

He sat down beside Connor and pulled him into a hug. He rubbed his arms in a fatherly manner and kissed his head. "It's okay Connor. I understand. We are like every other family. Don't worry," was all he could say. He would let the boy find out in a few days. Everything was going to be okay. "Promise me you won’t say mean things to anybody, 'specially your family," he said. That was probably what got him into this mess after all.

He would make sure that his family had everything and anything they wanted. Sure he worked at computer programming job and most of his life was on the computer, but what really mattered was family. He wouldn't loose it again. Maybe he could cut down some more time from work to so he could spend it with his children. They were growing way to fast. Pretty soon they would be adults and wouldn't need him anymore.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:12 pm

Connor hugged his father back, resting his head on the man's shoulder. They weren't like every other family, but he wouldn't say anything else about it. Not for their weekend. He wanted a happy Daddy while they were there. It was the way things were supposed to be.

"I promise, Daddy." He said, quietly. "I will apologize to Annie when I eat." He promised. He hugged his father tighter than he had a moment before, and then let go, looking at his pizza. "Can I eat?" He asked.

Cheyenne grabbed Mr. Floppy and started to dance with him. She was in the middle of the living room, making her own music, though very off-key. She giggled as the bunny's ears flopped around his face and his head flopped around.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Alexander gave Connor a warm smile and hugged him back tightly. "Good," he said simply and ruffled his hair. Connor really was such a sweet little boy. He wondered what he would be like when he got older. He would make sure that no matter what, Connor didn't turn into a player but a proper gentleman. Those were the ones who got the girls just like his Mommy.

When Connor hugged him tighter, Alexander pretended to choke. "Not so tight!" he said and laughed. "When you get older you are going to squeeze me to death!" he let go of Connor and sat back. "Now go and eat your food. I deprived you from it for longer than I should have. When you’re done eating, come downstairs. Or I guess you can come down with it. We are going to watch a movie."

He stood up and walked out of the room and down the stairs where he heard the 'music'. He stopped a moment and cocked his head to the side. Who was doing that? Was his stereo broken? He went around the corner and saw Cheyenne singing and dancing with her rabbit. He grinned and chuckled lightly under his breath. "Honey, Connor is feeling better. We are going to watch a movie."
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Connor picked up his plate and followed slowly after his father, eating the pizza as he walked. He was still giggling softly to himself about his father saying that he was going to squeeze him to death. The pizza was nummy and he felt better about everything, for the time being.

Cheyenne jumped at the sound of her Daddy talking and she missed a step, tumbling to the floor with a giggle at being spotted. She smiled and looked up at him, holding Mr. Floppy up for him. "Yay!" She said happily.

Elizabeth sighed softly, starting to fall asleep, but still having too much on her mind. Alex wanted to move in with them for a little while. And she knew that it would be hard to live with him, it would be hard no to touch him with him so close. But, the kids would be happy, that was for sure.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Alexander laughed when Cheyenne fell to the floor in the middle of her dance. He ruffled her hair and patted her rabbit. "You silly little goose," he said and helped her to her feet. He missed moments like this. The week without them was always so quite. Not a single sound except for his long fingers clicking on the computer key board. He brought the kids over to the couch and opened the movie cupboard.

"Alrighty. So which move are we going to watch?" he asked them and moved out of the way so they could choose a movie. He hoped they didn't start fighting over the movies again. He couldn't handle another argument about it. He wanted them to be happy, not pouting and fighting over everything. He plopped down on his knees and waited patiently.

"We can watch anything at all."
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Connor walked over to his sister and hugged her, mumbling "I'm sorry, Annie." Before he walked to the couch. He had stuffed the rest of the pizza into his mouth, because eating in the living room at his Mommy's house wasn't allowed. "I still don't want to watch Bolt." He said to his sister.

He looked at the cabinet and smiled. "I wanna watch..." He looked again, then at his sister. "Milo and Otis!" He said with a smile and a nod.

"What's that?" Cheyenne asked, looking confused. She had seen it, but it had been a while, and her short memory had forgotten that she'd seen it.

"It's a movie about a kitty and a puppy!" He said with a smile. "Let's watch that, what do you say, Annie?" He asked.

"Okay." She said, getting comfy on the couch.

Elizabeth had managed to fall asleep, but it wasn't long after that she woke up screaming, the blankets kicked from her body. She had broken out in a cold sweat, and her eyes were wide with fright. It was a common thing at nights, after Alex left. When the kids were home, she never screamed, but her body must have known that she was alone, and had let the sound come out.

She gasped and fell back, looking up at the ceiling.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Alexander looked at them through the corner of his eyes and a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. They were just such cute little things. He would soon be seeing them every day and it made his heart flutter. He watched them debate for a short while what to watch and gave a small nod at their compromise. It still had a puppy in it and truth be told, it was his favorite child's movie. He hadn't watched it in a while.

He stuffed the movie into the VCR and flipped through the channels until he reached the one that set it to the movie. He sat down in-between the two and wrapped his arms around them tight. They were warm fluffy cushions for each other. With the remote he fast-forward the commercials and pressed play. His heart lifted when the care free song in the beginning began to play. He couldn't help himself; he had to sing along.

"We are going to take a walk outside today. We are going to see what we can find today. We are going to take a walk outside today. We are going to see what we can find today…"

He sang the song with gusto and moved his head to the beat. He remembered when he was a young boy he used to play this song for hours. He had it memorized from beginning to end. He had even spoken it to Liz. She had laughed at him but it was his way of being fun and romantic.
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Cheyenne curled her legs up to her chest and cuddled against her Daddy. When he started to sing, she giggled and looked up at him. She started to try to sing with him, but it was just a slight hum, that didn't amount to much of anything, it wasn't even in the same rhythm. Still, she giggled when she looked back at the kitten and puppy on the screen.

Connor laughed when his father started to sing, shaking his head. He remembered the movie and was sure that his little sister would like it. He leaned forward in his seat, putting his elbows on his knees and watching the T.V closely. He didn't remember it all, but he remembered that he liked it.

Cheyenne watched the movie for a bit, but started to get sleepy, so, she crawled over onto her Daddy's lap, Mr. Floppy in her arm, and her thumb in her mouth. As she curled up on his lap, her head leaning on his arm, she continued to watch the movie through heavily lidded eyes, trying to stay awake.
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2