What Books Have You Read For School?

Go down

What Books Have You Read For School?

Post by Syldoran on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:28 am

We've all had to read books for English at some point.

Discuss.

I usually don't like reading for English because the books are unbelievable dull. Classics very rarely interest me at all; the worst I've read was probably Jane Eyre. Egh. However, I really liked Lord of the Flies and Fahrenheit 451. Those two I'd sometimes read ahead just because they were so good.

Pride and Prejudice is proving itself to be rather uninteresting as well. I'm only a few chapters in (and thank goodness they're so short), but I just can't stand it. Even my English teacher admits he doesn't like it.
Syldoran
Foreshadow

http://syldoran.sheezyart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What Books Have You Read For School?

Post by LunarScorpio on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Haha, this is a question for TonyM, he reads a ton of books for school. It's been a while since I've had to read a story type book for school. Let me think, the last one was probably...jeez, I can't even tell you it's been that long.

I did read Lord of the Flies in high school though, actually, and that wasn't that bad. I had one English class that we had to read a bunch of short stories, but really since then I haven't had many to read aside from my text books. I need to go prode TonyM to come on here and tell you about all the books he's had to read, lol.
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

http://familyvent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karali on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:32 am

I can't even begin to list all of the things I've had to read for school. I remember reading Lord of the Flies in highschool, though. I liked it.

Last year we had to read a bunch of things for class. My favourite thing that I read was The Stranger by Albert Camus, and I still... Really don't know why. 8<
Karali
Global Critics
Global Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down