envy&lamps

Go down

envy&lamps

Post by pseudonym for revenge on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:00 pm

Gather for the Story...

The world as we know it is pretty fucked up, wouldn't you say? Rich towering over the poor, poor groveling before the rich? Unnecissary wars and innocent deaths, all under our roof. We as humans, as a whole, are naturally selfish creatures. Our first nature is survival, even at the cost of another's life. We created a God to keep us in line, but as humans do, we've strayed from that and gone our seperate ways. Who knows if God exists? I don't, nor am I here to tell you of it. This story is about the fate of our world.

The creators of our world, whether you believe it be a God, several Gods, or just the scientific ways, something created our world, and us. We're only allowed to live here if we improve ourselves and make us as a society a better place. That means we care about one another and do not judge by wealth, power, looks, or rumors. We help one another and keep each other safe from those that wish us harm. Now we're about to be tested, and it lies in the hands of six teenagers. We're so screwed, right? Well, probably. But us humans have something called 'hope'.

These six teenage friends were just hanging at Drama's house when they heard a 'thump' outside the window. They rush to the window and see a crumpled figure out their window. They rush outside and find a girl, unconcious, laying there. Oh, and did I mention she had wings? Yes, wings whiter than snow, and feathers softer than anything they've ever felt before. Not knowing what else to do, they take her inside and help her out. When she wakes up, she sees them and cowers back, but only talks to Skater and Sister for some reason.

Now, what's the problem? Well, a man, a very powerful man, knows about the girl that has wings, and he wants her. The group must do anything and everything to save her and keep her away. Even if they have to run away from their families and lives, but they must. They don't know why, but something about the girl compels them to save her. Will they succeed? I leave it to you...
pseudonym for revenge
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Re: envy&lamps

Post by pseudonym for revenge on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:02 pm

The People You Hate to Love...

A.D.H.D-Male, hyper/easily distracted and sensitive; he obviously suffers from A.D.H.D.

Sister-Female, mature and sensible, she is one of two people the girl will willingly speak to as of current. She's the motherly one of the group.

Writer-Male, quiet and slightly sarcastic, he is the one that expressed himself through any form of writing.

Scenster-Female, cocky and no-nonsense, she dutifully sits by the girl and watches her while she sleeps and has taken a big sister liking to the poor girl.

Skater-Male, smart-ass and daring, he also watches the girl, wondering why she has wings. One of the two people that she'll willingly talk to as of current.

The Guest...

Feather-Female, shy and enclosed, she has wings and is scared by everyone here, but trusts them at the same time. Has taken a surprise liking to Skater and Sister.

Say what?

Feather<3Skater
Sister<3A.D.H.D
Writer<3Scenster

Skater<3Feather
A.D.H.D<3Sister
Scenster<3Writer
pseudonym for revenge
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by pseudonym for revenge on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:05 pm

Sorry, we're out of tickets...

A.D.H.D open

Sister beautifulpotatoes

Writer Taken by Wounded Moon

Scenster Taken by mysticaldragonmagic

Skater Prince Philip

The Guest...

Feather Taken by pseudonym for revenge

Last edited by pseudonym for revenge on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
pseudonym for revenge
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by pseudonym for revenge on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Okay, if you wanna join, just PM me asking for the position. I don't need a role playing reference, but if you don't meet PoW's requirements for this level of roleplaying; don't join. I don't know how/if you do profiles, so I won't worry about them til someone says something. Thanks :]
pseudonym for revenge
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by pseudonym for revenge on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:39 pm

keltie
miss feathers broke her wings...

Keltie's wings beat weakly as she fought through the white ice pieces that pummeled her small, frail body. She was tired. She'd been flying for over five hours this time and hadn't eaten for a few days at the least. She was tired, and her feet and fingers were almost bluer than her crystal eyes. She was wearing the white dress the men in lab coats had given her, so she was numb. Her mind was hazy and her eyes were threatening to close. Memories of the white room, men in white coats, needles and slurred words shocked through her and she flew on, scared. She was scared of them. She couldn't ever go back there. Ever. She'd rather die than go back where there was pain and isolation and loneliness. Then again, there was pain and loneliness out here flying too, but it was a welcome loneliness. Where, since she was probably going to die, she could at least die in peace.

Her wings grew heavier, and then suddenly her wings folded, too weak to carry her anymore, and she was falling. Too fast! Too fast! She desperately tried to unfurl them but all she managed was a feeble stretch, just enough to parachute herself a little. She twisted in the air to land on her side-her back would hurt her wings and the front would knock the breath out of her. She fell into a pile of white body-numbing ice with a thump, her body crumpling. Her wings bent horribly wrong at impact and the pain was searing through her and she was passing out from the horrible pain. Her body was turning blue as the snow fell on her, slow and unstoppable. She lay in a yard in the middle of suburbia, where a group of kids were hanging out. In her blackness of unconciousness, she knew she was going to die. At the moment, she welcomed it. There was so much pain all over...

Two men in black suits walked into the large office that overlooked the city. They could tell he was angry. Angry they had lost her so easily. Idiots. They should’ve known she’d escape that hellhole. "Have you found her yet?" the man asked in his deep, gravely voice that was lined with anger. "Not yet sir. We've got an approximate location of her whereabouts though." one of the men answered nervously. The man was facing the window and he turned around. He glared intimidatingly at them. "Find her. I want her here. Now." The men nodded and hurried off to find the girl with white wings. He turned back around to face the city. ‘I will find you, Keltie. I will find you.’ The men hurried into a black car with tinted windows. “Let’s go.” he ordered, and the car pulled out, towards suburbia in hopes of finding the girl.

[ooc: sorry for the crappy post. start off where they hear kelie fall and go to help her.]

Last edited by pseudonym for revenge on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
pseudonym for revenge
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Rheya was upstairs talking to her friends her head laying her boyfriends lap, when she heard a crash from down below. "I'm going to go see what that was...I'll be right back..." She said, getting up and slipping her shoes and heavy coat on before opening the door into the cold air. She walked around the middle-sized house looking around in the snow. Everything was bright white, the sun reflecting off of the cold balnket, causing it to sparkle beautiful colors.

Rheya loved the snow. She looked up for a moment and spun around in it, catching some flakes in her mouth, before she continued her perusal of the yard. She raised an eyebrow in confusion when she didn't see anything and was about to head back into the warmth of the house, before her eyes caught it. Something laying in the snow. She trudged through the deep snow to the thing and gasped when she saw it. She knelt down and rolled the girl over in the snow, not noticing her wings at first, as they blended in with the snow around her.

She looked at the blue tinted girl, and knew she needed help right away. she bit her lip, trying to figure out how best to get her inside. She wasn't sure she could carry her by herself, and yet she couldn't leave her out here alone to go get help. She decided to try her best at dragging the girl along through the snow, carrying her as best she could.

With much trouble, Rheya managed to get the frozen girl into the home and up the stairs to where her friends were waiting. She entered the room and pulled the girl in with her. Rheya found a spot on the floor and sat down, pulling the cold girl into her lap, trying to lend her as much body heat as possible to get her warmed up from the cold. "She was outside, laying in the snow...She's freezing...can someone maybe get some blankets or something to get her warm?" She asked, not wanting to leave the poor girl.

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic on Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:42 am

Corrine had come into the room, about to demand that they keep it down before she had to knock some skulls together, but when she saw the girl that had turned blue, and Rheya’s plead for help, Corrine jumped into action. She feared truly, for anyone that go in her way as she hurried off to the cupboard to fetch blankets, she grabbed as many that would fit in her slender arms and handed them over to Rheya. Surely she knew what she was doing. All Corrine could do was fetch things, and make sure the boys didn’t do anything stupid, like poking her with a stick and asking if she were alive. Corrine’s eyes rolled of their own accord at the mental image.

If they got anywhere near her, there would be hell to pay. She assigned herself the job to watch over her, and by god, she was going to do it. Even if it meant having to beat up a boy. Corrine laughed at the though, that could actually be fun, but no. This was not the time to laugh. This was time to watch over the strange blue girl, and make sure Rheya had what she needed to care for her.

Corrine grabbed a stool, and sat down in front of Rheya and the sick girl, facing away from them. With her eyes already narrowed slits, she was ready to give the worst death glare she’d ever used to scare someone away. Throwing a “Whatever you need, tell me.” over her shoulder to Rheya, she continued to glare, guarding them. Her mind swimming with ideas in case she had to defend her post. What shocked her the most were the twisted things her mind came up with to do to her friends, for some stranger. What didn't shock her was that her ideas got worse by the second.
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Rheya gave a nod of thanks toward Corrine and took the blankets from her, wrapping them around the girl, gently. Rheya was a bit surprised at the wings, but she had noticed them as she was dragging her into the house. She wondered about them, but Rheya wasn't one to judge. IF the girl was hurt, she was going to tend to her, no matter what species she was. Once the girl was wrapped tight Rheya gave a nod of satisfaction. There wasn't much left to do for her, unless... "Does anyone have a hot water bottle...?" She asked, throwing the question out to everyone, but it was obviously directed towards the friend whose house it was. Rheya looked at her, hoping there was one. It would make this process of heating her up go much faster than with just blankets alone.

As Corrine took up her position, Rheya stifled a laugh. She tried to hold it back, knowing Corrine's disposition, but a bit of it escaped as she watched the girl. Always so serious about everything, ready to beat someone any second, even her friends. Rheya shook her head at her over-the- top behavior. "Thanks Corrine.." She said in her motherly tone, "but I don't think anyone's going to mess with her...we're your friends, you don't need to hurt us." She said, always including herself in every generalization, so as not to hurt anyone's feelings or offend them.

Rheya spoke again to Corrine after a moment. "Corrine, I think she'll be fine...we just need to get her warmed up...I don't think you need to protect her from us...I don't think any of us to be stupid enough to try and hurt her with you here anyway, not that we'd want to...Now why don't you hop down off the stool and help me warm her up?" She said in her mothering tone she always used to coax Corrine down, and everyone else.

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:50 am

Corrine rubbed the back of her neck, she always did that, without really meaning to, “I suppose I overreacted again. I’ve got to stop doing that. Alright, water bottle? I think I can handle that. I mean, I can be trusted with heating up water.” Corrine smiled as she hurried off to the kitchen.

This was something she could definitely do. Get a hot-water bottle. Surely that couldn’t be difficult. After all, with the sore muscles she often had, she always needed one, it was just a matter of finding where she’d put them. Putting on a pot of water to boil, Corrine began her search. Looking in the cupboards, the freezer, drawers, she just couldn’t find them.

Leaning against the counter, she tapped her chin, trying to think. They weren’t anywhere she looked, so they had to be where she hadn’t. Alright, okay, so logic was failing her. Well… illogically, she pondered, where would she have put them. Bingo! On top of the refrigerator in a giant plastic bowl. Pulling the bowl down she found four hot-water bottles. She placed them in the pot and counted. It was just like heating up baby bottles. She giggled at that thought. The girl in the living room was far from a baby.

When they were done, she stuck them in their pouches, the ones that kept them hot, and kept them from burning you, and she hurried back into the living room, handing them to Rheya. “Do you think she’ll be alright?” Corrine asked, a little out of breath.
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulpotatoes on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Rheya nodded to Corrine as she mentioned her overreacting issues. "Yes, you did. But no worries, you are forgiven. We still love you, even if you do threaten to kill us every other minute." Rheya said with a laugh, teasing her. Corrine was a violent one, that was for sure and for certain. Rheya smiled to herself at that thought. Even though Corrine could easily take her head off at any moment, Rheya loved her like a sister. Corrine's words brought her back from her thoughts. Rheya shook her head to clear it then looked up as Corrine stood and went to get what she had asked for. "Thank you Corrine!" She called after her as the girl bounded down the stairs.

As she waited, Rheya held the freezing girl close, blowing hot hair onto her face to warm up up and lend her some of her own body heat as well. "Come on sweetie. Wake up..." She coaxed her gently, still trying to warm the girl. She was hoping for the girl to warm, she wanted to know what was going on.

Rheya looked up as Corrine came in, holding the bottle. She smiled brightly. "Thank you Corrine." She said, taking the bottles from her. Rheya unwrapped the heavy blankets from around the girl and slipped the few water bottles inside, spacing them all along the girl's body. She then wrapped her back up and squeezed her tightly, pressing the heat against her. "Is there any way to turn the heat up in here?" She asked, desperate. She knew the rest of them would be sweltering, but they would live, whereas this girl was kissing death right now.

beautifulpotatoes
Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down