anime fans gather!

Go down

anime fans gather!

Post by black_stained_heart on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:02 pm

so yeah I'm an anime obsessed fan girl just wondering if there are any more of you lurking around, so come in and chat about your favorite anime, manga, con experiences, cosplay craziness or any other anime themed insanity!
black_stained_heart
Artistic Critics
Artistic Critics

Back to top Go down

Re: anime fans gather!

Post by TonyMFuss on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:27 pm

I love anime. Never been to a con, or cosplayed--just not my scene--but I do enjoy a good series or two. I grew up on Speed Racer, Sailor Moon, Robotech and G-Force (otherwise known as Gatchaman). But my all time favorite series is Cowboy Bebop.

Other notable mentions: Serial Experiment Lain, Trigun, Cromartie High School, Shin Chan and Lupin III.

Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by black_stained_heart on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:35 pm

I actually went to my first convention this yeah it was amazing. Defiantly if i ever go to another one I'm going to cosplay thats half the fun! But actually I'm kinda new to anime only been watching it for about 3 years. DNangel i most likely my favorite series though the manga is a LOT better than the anime. And fullmetal alchemist is also high on my list as well as death note and vampire hunter D but thats more of a novel series but close enough.
black_stained_heart
Artistic Critics
Artistic Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:59 am

I'm an anime/manga fan and would like to go to a convention or something but I will never cosplay lol. I prefer manga over anime really, but uh I guess my favorite one is Naruto. Not really sure why but I guess its because that's the only one I'm still reading. Apart from that I like a bunch of other ones too. Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragonball, Tenjou Tenge, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Basilisk (still need to get back to it >.<), Hellsing, Trigun, and I believe I'm missing some other ones. Yeah I don't really know a lot of anime/manga but I do enjoy it. I've seen/read DNangel but didn't like it.
Eclipse
A Contradiction

Back to top Go down

Post by savfantasy on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:10 am

I'm an anime fan forever. x3

I LOVE the DNAngel manga, but the anime was a dissapointment that should have never been made. The only good thing that came out of it was the opening song. (Dark's Japanesse voice actor had the voice of. . . well. . . an angel).

Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are just wonderful. If I ever find myself at a convention again, I will most likely cosplay as Android 17. Because he rocks. I read/watched Naruto for a while. Even though I really enjoyed it, I found myself loosing intrest about the time of the time skip. I also watch/read many misc. things, which I will list below. Very Happy

Fruits Basket, The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumia, Code Geas, Evangellion, Sailor Moon, Pokemon (oh, how I love pokemon. . .), Anima, Kamichama Karin, Death Note, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hellsing, Once Piece, Rave Master, Hale Nochi Guu, Azumanga Daioh, Bleach, Tenjou Tenge, Grenadier, School Rumble, Haru no Go, Excel Saga, Ouran High School Host Club, Fate/Stay Night, Lucky Star, and many more that I cannot think of right now. ^_^;

**I added some that RS reminded me of. Very Happy

Last edited by savfantasy on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
savfantasy
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by redserpent on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:55 pm

I don't even know how many series I've seen...but here's a list of the greatest. * Means frikkin awesome beyond much comparison.

Azumanga Daioh
Chobits
*Clannad
*Code Geass
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Escaflowne
*Excel Saga
Fate/Stay Night
Ga-Rei Zero
*Gunslinger Girls
*Kino's Journey
Lucky Star
Mai Hime
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ouran Host Club
Read or Die
*Serial Experiments Lain
Welcome to N.H.K.
Yakitate! Japan

List subject to updating.
redserpent
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenroses on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm slowly becoming a bigger fan of anime/manga every day. I went to my first con this year and cosplayed as Yuuki Cross from Vampire Knight.

Series I like: xxxHolic, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Sailor Moon, Vampire Knight, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Legal Drug, Trigun, Ouran High School Host Club, Kuroshitsuji, Pandora Hearts and that's all I can think of right now although I feel like I'm missing some.
ravenroses
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:18 pm

I am an anime fan! lol. Here are a few that I count as favorites:

-Yu Yu Hakusho
-DNAngel
-Code Geass (the best at the moments since it is the most recent I have seen)
-Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
-Vampire Knight
-Ouran high school
-Elfen Lied
-Gundom Weing Zero (the original)
-Dragon ball Z (the original again.)
-Rurouni Kenshin
-.Hack//sign
-And a few others I can't remember at the moment XP

I have never gone to a convention, but I would like to, and I would also like to cosplay at some point.

Last edited by SeekingSeer on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:26 pm

I have seen so many, I can't even name all. Here are some I never get tired of watching:

Hetalia: Axis Powers (Pastaaaaa!)
Fate/Stay Night
Record of Lodoss War
Gundam Wing
Escaflowne
Trinity Blood
.hack//SIGN
Shaman King

Manga:
Seimaden
Angel Sanctuary
Rurouni Kenshin
RG Veda
Nepenthe
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by Some Guy Here on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Should've posted in here earlier but...yay anime!

Some Guy Here
Unreliable Narrator

Back to top Go down

Post by billsayswow on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:47 am

-Quietly lurks in the corner, erecting a small fort with spiked palisade walls and watch towers. Locks the gate shut and shouts from the keep..-

In my humble opinion, Cowboy Bebop is the only anime worth truly liking!

-Hides-
billsayswow
Chicken Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Cowboy Bebop is made of win. While I think there are others that are good, though . . .

I got into anime about 7th grade with Inuyasha, and while I now rather dislike that anime, I'm still into it three years later. (Actually, I think it's closer to four. I'm not sure.) I'd love to go to a convention and cosplay as Edward Elric, even though I'm a girl, brunette, a little more chubby than muscular, and hazel-eyed. I AM, however, his height. >:3 However, I'm a little too poor at the moment to be spending a bunch of money going to conventions and making costumes, so that'll have to wait.

Some anime of mention:

Fullmetal Alchemist It's been my favorite ever since I started watching it some years back. Brotherhood is great too, but I don't like it as much.
Cowboy Bebop
Kuroshitsuji
Pokemon
The first three seasons. Then it has to stop.
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi So. Random.

Dah. I know there are more, but I just can't remember them. It's been too long since Anime Club. Can't wait for school to start again so I can get back in the club.
Syldoran
Foreshadow

http://syldoran.sheezyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mono on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Havent seen anyone say my favorite Anime... T_T

AKUMETSU!
GANTZ!
Mono
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down